Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't judge me!
Geezer Wrote:You were already given suggestions on the thread you started a month ago here
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...kdown.html
Rather than take the approach that you are being criticized, why don’t you take the approach that you are being challenged.

Challenged to be honest with yourself. Do you have the FOCUS needed to study for and test out of any subjects? If you think you can, then maybe you should try one CLEP/DSST subject and see how long it takes you to master the information necessary to earn 3 credits. Then you can make an educated decision about how long it will likely take YOU to test out of 15-19 subjects required for a degree, and whether testing out is a quick and easy solution for YOU.

If not, then maybe you should go back to the plan layed out for you a month ago in this thread
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...kdown.html
for BA Nat Science/Math which would require that you take 4-5 courses to earn the necessary 18 UL credits for the BA Nat Science/Math and fill out the rest of your GenEd with SL courses or a couple of CLEP/DSST exams.

It is possible that you are the type of person that needs the structure of a regular course. You may lack the FOCUS needed to gather information, study for and pass CLEP/DSST/ECE/TECEP exams. You won’t know until you attempt a CLEP/DSST. On the other hand you may have an uncanny ability to take and pass CLEP/DSST/ECE/TECEP exams at the rate of two or three per week.

Again, what you may take as criticism (justly or unjustly) might really be a simple challenge to put in a little bit of effort to see if you in fact are a good candidate for testing out, instead of making assumptions based on what others have done.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide on.

If time wasn't an issue, I would probably go for a classroom setting. Unfortunately, whether it's for me or not, I'm going to have to get it together. I guess we'll find out how things go after my first actual test. ALEKS has been pretty good to me so far.
Quote:If time wasn't an issue, I would probably go for a classroom setting. Unfortunately, whether it's for me or not, I'm going to have to get it together. I guess we'll find out how things go after my first actual test. ALEKS has been pretty good to me so far.

OK, so the linear instructional method (very structured) of a TESC online course or a Straighterline course (follows a textbook) is probably a good fit for you. Keep that it mind, when talking to TESC, and when considering the original BA Nat Science/Math plan which was made up primarily of TESC online courses and SL courses.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:sometimes it crosses the line into being immature and cruel.

:nopity: So what. If you're going to be on the internet, I suggest growing a thicker skin. You're going to meet all kinds of personality types and communication styles. Not everyone is going to be nice to you or like you. That's life. Get over it and get on with the work of getting your degree.

Mian Wrote::nopity: So what. If you're going to be on the internet, I suggest growing a thicker skin. You're going to meet all kinds of personality types and communication styles. Not everyone is going to be nice to you or like you. That's life. Get over it and get on with the work of getting your degree.

What's your point? Grow up or block me. You're being a total hypocrite and your response was pretty useless.
Geezer Wrote:OK, so the linear instructional method (very structured) of a TESC online course or a Straighterline course (follows a textbook) is probably a good fit for you. Keep that it mind, when talking to TESC, and when considering the original BA Nat Science/Math plan which was made up primarily of TESC online courses and SL courses.
I have yet to take any Straighterline courses. I just got my academic evaluation email! That seemed somewhat quick. I haven't opened it yet...here we gooo!!!!!!
.........and go figure..it's not allowing me to login! Grrrr...come on! So eager to see this.

EDIT: Just got in. Not sure if this is common, but they evaluated me with only one transcript having arrived. My other transcript still has not made it. It looks like they took 39 of my 47.5 cc credits and we're still waiting to see what they take from my nursing school. I'm a little worried and trying to see which ones they didn't take and why, because it makes me think my nursing school credits (which are college course credits) aren't going to count for anything.
Can I apply to tesc if I live in ga and take the dsst and clep exams to complete my degree from here? I see that the school is in NJ
Thanks!
yes you can. i live in ga now Smile good luck.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon