Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't judge me!
With the exception of the liberal arts capstone (required for LDAS), you can create your own degree in the learner designed area of study program. You can create your own business major and test out of all of the lower level and upper level requirements.

Upper Level DSSTs (at TESC)

CIS-301-DE Management Information Systems (3)
FIN-301-DE Principles of Finance (3)
FIN-332-DE Money and Banking (3)
MAN-311-DE Organizational Behavior (3)
MAN-331-DE Human Resource Management (3)

Upper Level CLEPs (at TESC)

MAN-301-CE Principles of Management (3)
MAR-301-CE Principles of Marketing (3)

Upper Level ECEs

Business BUSX-315 Organizational Behavior (435) 3.0 / U
Business BUSX-360 Labor Relations (538) 3.0 / U
Business BUSX-410 Human Resource Management (486) 3.0 / U

If you don't mind spending a lot of money on TECEPs (they're cheaper if you enroll): Upper Level

Federal Income Taxation ACC-421-TE
Business in Society BUS-311-TE
Business Policy BUS-421-TE
Marketing Communications MAR-321-TE
Sales Management MAR-322-TE
Advertising MAR-323-TE
Operations Management OPM-301-TE

Straighterline Upper Level (at TESC)

BUS105 (Business Communication) COM-300 Business Communications

ACC150 (Managerial Accounting) ACC-303 - Cost Accounting

Actually, I think you can completely test out of a BSBA in general management with an area of study in management without having to worry about taking the liberal arts capstone.

Thomas Edison State College | BSBA in General Management Credit Distribution

You can also completely test out of a psychology degree.

Requirements:

Introduction to Psychology - CLEP or Straighterline
Statistics - DSST, Straighterline, or ALEKS
Experimental Psychology - ECE (Research Methods in Psychology) (UL)

24 Psychology Electives:

Social Psychology - ECE (UL)
Abnormal Psychology - ECE (UL)
Psychology of Adulthood and Aging - ECE (UL)
Lifespan Psychology and Development - ECE, CLEP (Human Growth and Development), or DSST
Psychology of Women - TECEP
Introduction to Educational Psychology - CLEP
Organizational Behavior - DSST or ECE (UL)
Fundamentals of Counseling - DSST
Substance Abuse - DSST (UL)
The best advice I can give is to stop worrying about everything else and start studying and testing.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I have to agree with ryoder. I know it can be overwhelming with all these tests and wanting to choose the perfect degree program. However, the degree is only the result of taking these tests and finishing up things like ALEKS (How is that going?)

It sounds like you need to build up confidence with these tests. I highly suggest finding one CLEP exam to study for first just to get the ball rolling.

I started off with 2, then 3, and then 4 in one day. But you have to do it. From what I've heard from people, TESC will work with you if you have the credits in helping you choose the degree or at least helping you see where your credits fit in the most.

Don't be deceived - it's still hard work this way. I didn't love studying for Business Law or Macroeconomics but I got it out of the way and knew the degree would come if I focused on what I could do in this moment (which is study like my life depends on it!).
CLEP US History 1 - 72
CLEP US History 2 - 69
CLEP Principles of Management - 63
CLEP Principles of Marketing - 64
CLEP Information Systems - 75
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics - 67
CLEP French - 68
CLEP Humanities - 73
CLEP Introductory Business Law - 61
DSST Organizational Behavior - 68
DSST Business Ethics and Society - 449
DSST Management Information Systems - 474
PF Financial Management
ALEKS Statistics
ALEKS Business Statistics
ALEKS Trigonometry

“People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” - Andrew Carnegie
You can also check out Excelsiors BSLS.

Not being a resident of New Jersey, it was more affordable for me and could test out of everything as well. I already had credits, some going back to the early 1970s and they approved them as well. Very flexible, but need to follow their requirements which are set out on their site. It is free to register to get on their site and then you can get PDFs of their various programs, what they require, which tests can be used, their grading policies. It is all there waiting for you.

Another alternative to check into, depending on where you live.
sanantone Wrote:With the exception of the liberal arts capstone (required for LDAS), you can create your own degree in the learner designed area of study program. You can create your own business major and test out of all of the lower level and upper level requirements.

Upper Level DSSTs (at TESC)

CIS-301-DE Management Information Systems (3)
FIN-301-DE Principles of Finance (3)
FIN-332-DE Money and Banking (3)
MAN-311-DE Organizational Behavior (3)
MAN-331-DE Human Resource Management (3)

Upper Level CLEPs (at TESC)

MAN-301-CE Principles of Management (3)
MAR-301-CE Principles of Marketing (3)

Upper Level ECEs

Business BUSX-315 Organizational Behavior (435) 3.0 / U
Business BUSX-360 Labor Relations (538) 3.0 / U
Business BUSX-410 Human Resource Management (486) 3.0 / U

If you don't mind spending a lot of money on TECEPs (they're cheaper if you enroll): Upper Level

Federal Income Taxation ACC-421-TE
Business in Society BUS-311-TE
Business Policy BUS-421-TE
Marketing Communications MAR-321-TE
Sales Management MAR-322-TE
Advertising MAR-323-TE
Operations Management OPM-301-TE

Straighterline Upper Level (at TESC)

BUS105 (Business Communication) COM-300 Business Communications

ACC150 (Managerial Accounting) ACC-303 - Cost Accounting

Actually, I think you can completely test out of a BSBA in general management with an area of study in management without having to worry about taking the liberal arts capstone.

Thomas Edison State College | BSBA in General Management Credit Distribution

You can also completely test out of a psychology degree.

Requirements:

Introduction to Psychology - CLEP or Straighterline
Statistics - DSST, Straighterline, or ALEKS
Experimental Psychology - ECE (Research Methods in Psychology) (UL)

24 Psychology Electives:

Social Psychology - ECE (UL)
Abnormal Psychology - ECE (UL)
Psychology of Adulthood and Aging - ECE (UL)
Lifespan Psychology and Development - ECE, CLEP (Human Growth and Development), or DSST
Psychology of Women - TECEP
Introduction to Educational Psychology - CLEP
Organizational Behavior - DSST or ECE (UL)
Fundamentals of Counseling - DSST
Substance Abuse - DSST (UL)
\
This is awesome! Money is sort of an issue, so I guess I could go with Psychology then right? Hey, wouldn't hurt to do Psych over Liberal Studies if it's just as easily tested out of right? Smile YOU ARE FANTASTIC!

To everyone else..I thank you for your ongoing support. I'm going to keep you updated! Have an awesome Mother's Day!!!!!:patriot:
I have a feeling it would be cheaper to go with COSC or EC rather than TESC.
wb.john Wrote:I have a feeling it would be cheaper to go with COSC or EC rather than TESC.

Are you sure? Please click the link in my signature to see all of the credits I already have. What would make you say this? Totally open to hearing more!

I just applied for FAFSA, so I would hope it wouldn't be an issue for me, either way. It states I should be eligible for $5,500 PELL. That seems like it would cover a vast majority of my TESC costs, if I am correct.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:Are you sure? Please click the link in my signature to see all of the credits I already have. What would make you say this? Totally open to hearing more!

I just applied for FAFSA, so I would hope it wouldn't be an issue for me, either way. It states I should be eligible for $5,500 PELL. That seems like it would cover a vast majority of my TESC costs, if I am correct.

If TESC accepted all of those, I am pretty sure COSC or EC would too. COSC and EC have lower enrollment costs, and that is why I think they usually turn out to be cheaper.

If you are getting a $5,500 grant though, I think that should cover everything at TESC or any of them.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:I just applied for FAFSA, so I would hope it wouldn't be an issue for me, either way. It states I should be eligible for $5,500 PELL. That seems like it would cover a vast majority of my TESC costs, if I am correct.

Just to be sure you realize, PELL and Federal Subsidized loans will only kick in if your taking actual classes. They will not cover testing out. To receive the full award, to receive any award, you will need actual classes. The testing out option doesn't lend itself to contemporary financial aid models. There are ways , perhaps, of making it work. But to my knowledge the Government will not subsidize testing out options. When most folks say they have "tested out" they are also usually stating they paid for it themselves.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:Just to be sure you realize, PELL and Federal Subsidized loans will only kick in if your taking actual classes. They will not cover testing out. To receive the full award, to receive any award, you will need actual classes. The testing out option doesn't lend itself to contemporary financial aid models. There are ways , perhaps, of making it work. But to my knowledge the Government will not subsidize testing out options. When most folks say they have "tested out" they are also usually stating they paid for it themselves.

Oh yes..definitely understandable! But it would at least cover the yearly enrollment (which, for TESC, I believe is somewhere just under 3k) if I am correct...right? :-p