Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help
This forum is AWESOME Smile

I have been reading posts for hours.  Thanks to everyone for making this forum AWESOME with information Heart

Job requires any bachelor's degree.
I have accumulated the following courses and would like the quickest route to any bachelor's degree at one of the big three:

ENG*101 ENGLISH COMPOSITION I
ENG*102 ENGLISH COMPOSITION II
ANA*131 ANATOMY &PHYSIOLOGY!
ANA*141 ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY II
BI0*108 BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE I
BI0-102  BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE II
BI0*141 HUMAN MICROBIOLOGY
CHM-110  COLLEGE CHEMISTRY I
CHM-111   COLLEGE CHEMISTRY II
PSY*201 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY
SOC*101 INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY
SOC-235 SOCIOLOGY OF THE FAMILY
PHI*101 INTRO TO PHILOSOPHY
PSY*242 HUMAN GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
MAT* 184 FINITE PROB & STATISTICS
CPT- 101   INTRO TO COMPUTERS
HSS-105  TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE
SPC*220 PUBLIC SPEAKING
ART*101 HISTORY &APPRECIATION OF ART
GOV*205 AMERICAN GOVERNMENT

EXCELSIOR COLLEGE EXAMINATIONS:
NURX*101 NURSING CONCEPTS 1
NURX*102 NURSING CONCEPTS 2
NURX*103 NURSING CONCEPTS 3
NURX*204 NURSING CONCEPTS 4
NURX*206 NURSING CONCEPTS 6
NURX*205 NURSING CONCEPTS 5
NURX*207 NURSING CONCEPTS: FOUNDATIONS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
BALS since it's so flexible. Try to choose subjects you already know so it's faster Smile http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Sanant...al_Studies

You can knock out credits at Straighterline fast. You can also get 18 free credits if you get the Study.com scholarship. Also do all the free quick credits that are available.

First, we need to know how many credits you got for each course. If they're all 3cr, then just say that. But if any courses were more than 3cr, that's important to know.

Next, I can't find the Nursing exams at EC. Are they old? Do they still apply to a degree there? How many credits are they each worth?

Last, are all of these LL courses (like from a CC)? Or are any UL?

Then, do you just need any degree as quickly as possible for some reason? Or would you rather have a specific degree, but aren't sure which one?

I can help with a TESU degree, but I'm less familiar with EC and COSC. Others here can be more helpful there, but they will need to know the answers to the above questions as well.

Check out TESU's BALS and BSPS (BS in Professional Studies), where Nursing might be a good possibility in the Specialized Career Track area. Let me know what you think.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Did you finish your associate's in nursing?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-09-2017, 12:03 AM)Ideas Wrote: BALS since it's so flexible. Try to choose subjects you already know so it's faster Smile http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Sanant...al_Studies

You can knock out credits at Straighterline fast. You can also get 18 free credits if you get the Study.com scholarship. Also do all the free quick credits that are available.

Thanks Ideas for the helpful reply. Do you have a spreadsheet for TESU BALS, so I can input my completed courses and see which courses and hours I would need to complete?

(11-09-2017, 12:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: First, we need to know how many credits you got for each course.  If they're all 3cr, then just say that.  But if any courses were more than 3cr, that's important to know.

Next, I can't find the Nursing exams at EC.  Are they old?  Do they still apply to a degree there?  How many credits are they each worth?

Last, are all of these LL courses (like from a CC)?  Or are any UL?

Then, do you just need any degree as quickly as possible for some reason?  Or would you rather have a specific degree, but aren't sure which one?

I can help with a TESU degree, but I'm less familiar with EC and COSC.  Others here can be more helpful there, but they will need to know the answers to the above questions as well.

Check out TESU's BALS and BSPS (BS in Professional Studies), where Nursing might be a good possibility in the Specialized Career Track area.  Let me know what you think.
Thanks dfrecore for the helpful reply. Any degree as quickly as possible, would be sufficient. I am including my updated post with credit hours. Do you have a spreadsheet for TESU BALS, so I can input my completed courses and see which courses and hours I would need to complete?

UPDATED from above:

All are lower level courses from a community college

ENG*101 ENGLISH COMPOSITION I   Credits 3
ENG*102 ENGLISH COMPOSITION II   Credits 3
ANA*131 ANATOMY &PHYSIOLOGY I  Credits 4
ANA*141 ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY II  Credits 4
BI0*108 BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE I  Credits 4
BI0-102  BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE II  Credits 4
BI0*141 HUMAN MICROBIOLOGY   Credits 4
CHM-110  COLLEGE CHEMISTRY I  Credits 4
CHM-111   COLLEGE CHEMISTRY II  Credits 4
PSY*201 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY   Credits 3
SOC*101 INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY   Credits 3
SOC-235 SOCIOLOGY OF THE FAMILY   Credits 3
PHI*101 INTRO TO PHILOSOPHY   Credits 3
PSY*242 HUMAN GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT   Credits 3
MAT* 184 FINITE PROB & STATISTICS   Credits 3
CPT- 101   INTRO TO COMPUTERS    Credits 3
HSS-105  TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE   Credits 3
SPC*220 PUBLIC SPEAKING    Credits 3
ART*101 HISTORY &APPRECIATION OF ART   Credits 3
GOV*205 AMERICAN GOVERNMENT     Credits 3

EXCELSIOR COLLEGE EXAMINATIONS (All lowel level. Current exam names have changed) https://www.excelsior.edu/exams/nursing-home

NURX*101 NURSING CONCEPTS 1   Credits 4
NURX*102 NURSING CONCEPTS 2   Credits 4 
NURX*103 NURSING CONCEPTS 3   Credits 4 
NURX*204 NURSING CONCEPTS 4   Credits 4
NURX*206 NURSING CONCEPTS 6   Credits 4 
NURX*205 NURSING CONCEPTS 5   Credits 4 
NURX*207 NURSING CONCEPTS: FOUNDATIONS OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE   Credits 4

(11-09-2017, 01:46 AM)sanantone Wrote: Did you finish your associate's in nursing?

Thank you sanantone for providing help. I did not complete the associate's in nursing.
The TESU BALS is going to be very easy for you to complete.  If I were you, I would apply for the Study.com scholarship, where you will get 6 free courses over 3 months.  Take the first course (Personal Finance, which will go in Free Electives), and then take 5 UL courses like Psych or History.  Take all of the free courses we know of.  And fill in the rest of the Gen Ed's, and you're done.  I'm guessing you could complete all of this in 6 months or less (maybe even 3).

Here's a spreadsheet for you, showing how it would work out.

COSC would probably be fairly easy as well, although you'd need a lot more UL credits (30 of them), and they don't consider most of the Study.com courses UL.  Meaning you'd have to find other ways to get those UL credits, which would probably be more expensive.  But it's worth looking at.

Attached Files
.xlsx   amysmith TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.46 KB / Downloads: 12)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA