Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help check over my degree plan for TESU
bjcheung77 Wrote:as long as you transfer all the courses in and at about 104 credits or more..

You technically don't even need to do this anymore. You can have it waived immediately with Study.com affiliate pricing (and save money on the capstone and residency waiver)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
bjcheung77 Wrote:Yes, if you have the time, read the Beginners Guide and also JSD's degree plan, substitute the AOS with the Study.com courses and you're done.
That's the cheapest/easiest/fastest Psychology degree there is, the only course you need at TESU is the Capstone. The cornerstone isn't needed
as long as you transfer all the courses in and at about 104 credits or more. The easiest courses are from Straighterline and Study.com.
Quickly get your math courses from ALEKS and if you need any other general education courses not offered by either/or, go with Saylor.

I read JSD's guide and it was very helpful and I passed College Algebra at ALEKS and already had the credit approved by ACE. I have also incorporated TESU and their General Ed website... Does anyone know of any SL courses that will satisfy:
A
Oral Communication
Information Literacy

B
Ethics

If i can get SL classes for those 3 I am pretty sure I can in 2 months easily get 42 credits for 1070 bucks (English Comp classes have a lot of writing and take time hence the second month). or 970 if the 2 writing classes aren't hard.. as you can see the BA is for entry requirements.. All the science classes that will actually matter I am taking in person from May 22-end of December. Those add up to 38.

AOS is 33 non in person credits that I will do thru Study.com

3 units for capstone.

3 units for College Algebra via Aleks
3 units for Intro to Western Political Thought (Ive already put 3 days (30 hours of reading + lecture viewing in) via Saylor.

There it is 122 credits 84 from the comfort of my home. 38 at the CCAC to satisfy graded pre requisites, and so I can get my Student Loan to help pay for all of it ...

Just need those 9 credits for those 3 Gen Ed requirements from SL, cause I think one can blast through those courses with open book quiz/mid term. cmd F on a mac will find the answers fast. :-)
Straighterline's Introduction to Communication will satisfy Oral Communication. SL's Introduction to Religion will satisfy Information Literacy.

The free ethics course from The Institutes will cover the ethics requirement.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks !!!!! I think I should be able to get this all done by December with that help as I know SL will make those Gen Eds easy!.
Ancapman Wrote:Thanks, I will try to do more SL and Study.com...

speed is key for me... are these 2 faster than say IC and CLEP, DSST, TECEP?

No go with DSST and CLEP.
jsd Wrote:Straighterline's Introduction to Communication will satisfy Oral Communication. SL's Introduction to Religion will satisfy Information Literacy.

The free ethics course from The Institutes will cover the ethics requirement.

Just passed ethics 312 from The Institutes with an 88% and submitted to ACE.... 2 more credits
Ars457123 Wrote:No go with DSST and CLEP.

Why do you say that? This is new to me.
Ancapman Wrote:Why do you say that? This is new to me.

Obviously a test itself is going to be faster than a course - except if you don't know the info on the test, in which case you could spend weeks studying for it.

All in all, I always say take a test (especially Saylor) if you already know the material - I went on a single day and took 2 CLEP's and 2 DSST's, and passed all of them cold.

But that won't always be the case for everyone.

It also isn't the case that a test is very convenient for everyone, so that's a factor as well. Or if you're test-phobic. Or just don't test well. Other things like that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Ancapman Wrote:Why do you say that? This is new to me.

The tests are faster, easier, and worth more credit. If you sign up for Instantcert and go to the Specific Exam Feedback thread, you will find a more focused outline that will help you to be able to take multiple CLEPs a week. I take multiple tests a week, and it is a thing well within the ability of 95% of people.

Also your degree plan is flat out wrong in some areas. Here's a better one. Know ALL your options :

Sanantone's TESU General Education Options After July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Plus some posters have been deliberately mis representing the value of CLEPs. At TESU there are 10 CLEPs worth 6 credits and three CLEPs worth 9 credits.

CLEP - College-Level Exam Program

But if we pretend they're all worth 3 credits, then that makes the alternative a little less unattractive, right?
Ancapman Wrote:CCAC is local community college. Using for both credits and for fulfilling pre reqs for PA school.

I am 2 credits short of 120 in this plan. So will need another UL psych

Path to BA in Psychology + Pre Requisites

I have already finished college algebra.

I. General Education - 62
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills Courses - 15
Written Communication: 6
- [ ] English Comp I - 3 (CLEP, TECEP or Straighterline)
- [ ] English Comp II - 3 (CLEP, TECEP, or Straighterline)

Oral Communication: 3
- [ ] Public Speaking - 3 (CLEP)

Information Literacy: 3
- [ ] Analyzing and Interpreting Literature -3 (CLEP)

Quantitative Literacy: 3
- [x] College Algebra I - 3 (ALEKS)

B. Civic and Global Leadership Courses - 9
Diversity: 3
- [ ] POLSC221: Introduction to Comparative Politics - 3 (Saylor) 2

Ethics: 3
- [ ] Environmental Ethics- 3 (TECEP)

Civic Engagement: 3
- [ ] American Government - 3 (CLEP)

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures - 12
- [ ] POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought - 3 (Saylor) 1
- [ ] American History I - 3 (CLEP)
- [ ] American History II -3 (CLEP)
- [ ] Introduction to Sociology - 3 (CLEP)

D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World - 6
- [ ] PHYS101: Introduction to Mechanics - 3 (Saylor) 3
- [ ] PHYS102: Introduction to Electromagnetism - 3 (Saylor) 4

E. General Education Electives - 20
- [ ] *BIO 101 w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC) 1SS
- [ ] *CHEM 101 w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC)1SS
- [ ] *A&P 1 w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC)1SS
- [ ] *Microbiology 1 w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC)F
- [ ] *CHEM 102 w/ Lab 4 (CCAC)F

II. Area of Study: Psychology: 30
- [ ] *Introduction to Psychology - 3 (CCAC)2SS
- [ ] *Statistics - 3 (CCAC)2SS
- [ ] Research in Experimental Psychology - 3 (Study.com)
- [ ] Social Psychology - 6 (Study.com)
- [ ] History and Systems of Psychology - 3 (Coopersmith)
- [ ] Physiological Psychology - 3 (Coopersmith)
- [ ] Lifespan Development Psychology - 3 (DSST)
- [ ] Abnormal Psychology - 3 (TECEP)
- [ ] Ethics in Social Sciences SOS 450 -3 (TESU Online)

Capstone - 3
- [ ] Capstone - LIB 495 - 3 (TESU Online)

Electives - 23
- [ ] Drug and Alcohol Abuse - 3 (DSST)
- [ ] Fundamentals of Counseling - 3 (DSST)
- [ ] Organizational Behavior - 3 (DSST)
- [ ] *A&P 2 w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC)F
- [ ] *Genetics - 3 (CCAC)2SS
- [ ] *Organic Chemistry w/ Lab - 4 (CCAC)F
- [ ] *Medical Terminology - 3 (CCAC)1SS

First off, TESU gives 6 credits for College Composition (essay required). Take that instead. There is no reason for any TESU student to be taking two English courses, even if it takes an extra hour, it's a waste.

Also I'm sure public speaking is a DSST.

Next: Analyzing and Interpreting Literature -3 (CLEP)- this should be six credits, not three.

Knowledge of Human Cultures- one of these tests should be the Social Sciences & History. It's worth 6 instead of 3 credits. And if you still take those two history tests, it should be easy because the test is heavy on history. So take it after those two CLEPs. Download the study guides in the Specific Exam Feedback thread- they're worth a million dollars.

Understanding the Physical and Natural World - This can be solved with a single test, if you want. The Natural Science CLEP. If you take it after you've taken your Bio and Chem classes, you could take it in your sleep and pass. I took the test and passed and it was mostly Bio., then Chem, and about 20% was a mix of earth science, non math physics, and astronomy. Again there are study guides on the Specific Exam Feedback thread. Those should not be overlooked.

Since what I wrote is being purposely misinterpreted- Let me just say that I don't intend for you to have any overages with regard to credit. What I meant was that you should take the Social Sciences and History CLEP in place of your Introduction to Western Political Thought and Sociology.

Also, if you want, take Natural Sciences in place of PHYS101: Introduction to Mechanics and PHYS102: Introduction to Electromagnetism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic