Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me plan BA History, UMPI
Hi friends!  Shy I'm new here. I'm from Europe. Talked to UMPI. I know what is necessary for international students. 
Please, if someone got credits with Sofia Learning etc do give me an advice of subjects plan that I should take. Assuming that (maybe) I have to start from 0. I'd take as much as I can transfer. ..to save up money.. I guess, 30 credits is a must, with UMPI.
I'd take as many testing online, for credit points, as I can per month. I already got a history degree from Europe, but due to specific... current situation there, just dealing with my University can take months...sad story.. I'm in a hurry, since my employer is now asking for a USA diploma...and I don't want to leave this country, where I am right now... because of the girl I love. If I leave, I can't come back for 5 months....
Help!  Heart
If you already have a degree from a European school, you'll need to submit your transcripts through WES. UMPI will need require them as part of your application. You're better off doing this now and seeing where you stand than taking 90+ credits to transfer to UMPI. With a history degree, the courses aren't nearly as fast as a business degree.
Thanks bro, but that's not an option right now. Unless, I'm to go to a war zone...
Please don't call me bro. I'm not a guy.

Colleges require transcripts from other colleges. When one has an international degree the transcripts have to be processed through WES. You may run into problems with this if you don't give them your transcripts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • TMcClary
May run into problems, but it's not guaranteed. Have you talked to them to see if they'll overlook your lack of international transcripts? If you're starting over from scratch, they may not care one bit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hi!
Talked to them. I can provide transcripts from my Primary, Secondary and Medical High school. They are from another place. . Told me to use WES or Incred. There will be no problems with that. I may even get credits, but want to do Sophia, as many as it's possible.
bjcheung77 Wrote:Invest in a second monitor for multitasking.  Go with taking the bulk of your lower level courses through or at Sophia.org, you need to create an action plan after you have decided on the degree/school of choice.  

If you haven't decided yet, just take courses that can go towards COSC/TESU/UMPI or whichever school you're looking at as well.  Here's a wiki guide Link https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Note: When you're done with about 25-30 of these courses, you'll have 75-90 credits or 3/4th of the entire degree.  Get back to me then, I'll give you the next steps...  I suggest UMPI for a BA History degree.

Jabba, I see you followed my suggestion for UMPI! Yes, get an evaluation and transfer them in! You can start on courses from Sophia.org anytime, just work on those that will come into the History degree, so skip the business, foundation courses, etc and work on those general education requirements in the link I sent you. Did you get the second monitor or do you have one already?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Don't do English Comp at Sophia. It'll be easier and quicker to do those courses through UMPI. Otherwise, the GEC requirements for the History degree are going to be nearly identical to the ones listed on the Smartsheet here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

You'll also need 6 credits of foreign language + BIO 101L from Study.com.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you're fluent in a language other than English, your best bet for getting the most credits is going to be ACTFL - you can get a ton of credits this way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 19 208 14 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 177 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 279 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 508 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Is UMPI my most affordable option? tastyoat 12 472 03-18-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,921 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM