Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with second Bachelor's degree. URGENT PLEASE!
(02-21-2018, 11:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote: A second degree doesn't "hide" the fact that you have international transcripts floating around out there.  Almost all schools will ask if you have ANY transcripts, and you will have to say yes, then you will have to show your EC transcript, which will show that you transferred classes, which will then raise the question of "where is that transcript?"  So you're going to need to do something else.

The real question is, why won't your old school give you transcripts if they gave them to you before?  What's the issue now?

Also, if you have your old WES eval, since you don't actually need it for the credits, wouldn't a school accept that as "proof" that you had transcripts and sent them in and they were evaluated?

I would continue to talk to people and see if you can't find someone who can help you.

Thank you very much for your input. My old international school is saying that I was dismissed from school and therefore they can't issue me transcripts. I will hire a lawyer to handle this issue overseas. Maybe they will finally decide to do what's right.

(02-21-2018, 11:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Aren't they already transcribed on your EC transcript and the source is noted?  You'd basically would have to start at another school that isn't EC if you are trying to hide those credits.

My advisor said when I complete the second degree, I can request the transcripts for that degree only, but Im not 100% sure he is correct. What do you think?
[/quote]

Your EC transcript will show coursework from all of your sources that you transferred in.
[/quote]

Thank you very much for clarifying.

Just out of curiosity, if, for whatever reason, I can't get my old school to give me the international transcripts, what would be the quickest path for me to obtain a bachelor's degree at TESU?
(02-22-2018, 12:03 AM)drashrafaziz Wrote: Thank you very much for your input. My old international school is saying that I was dismissed from school and therefore they can't issue me transcripts. I will hire a lawyer to handle this issue overseas. Maybe they will finally decide to do what's right.

(02-21-2018, 11:48 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: Aren't they already transcribed on your EC transcript and the source is noted?  You'd basically would have to start at another school that isn't EC if you are trying to hide those credits.

My advisor said when I complete the second degree, I can request the transcripts for that degree only, but Im not 100% sure he is correct. What do you think?

Your EC transcript will show coursework from all of your sources that you transferred in.
[/quote]

Thank you very much for clarifying.

Just out of curiosity, if, for whatever reason, I can't get my old school to give me the international transcripts, what would be the quickest path for me to obtain a bachelor's degree at TESU?
[/quote]

You're going to have the same problem at TESU as the PA schools - they will want your transcripts.  From EC, who will then show the transferred credits.  I'm not seeing a good way around this problem for you at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Honestly? Pick another grad school. This is an exceptional waste of time and money and for what?? There are THOUSANDS of grad schools. To pursue a second BA even if it were free (it isn't) and fast (6 months at best) for the purpose of gaining favor with ONE SCHOOL is time and money you could be spending with a school that gave a rat's butt about you. Seriously, apply somewhere else.
(02-21-2018, 11:46 PM)drashrafaziz Wrote: My advisor said when I complete the second degree, I can request the transcripts for that degree only, but Im not 100% sure he is correct. What do you think?
I don't think they are correct. A second bachelor's degree will only have a handful of credits in it, for one thing. For another, grad schools usually want every transcript you have. When I was applying to Georgia Tech, several other students has their registration frozen until they sent in obscure transcripts from places they had only taken PE courses and the like because the national database said they went there.

Since the national database will show you went to EC, and the EC transcript will show you went to Cairo, you will end up in the same boat.

Have you tried simply sending the expired evaluation? After all the grad program isn't evaluating for credit, just that you took the courses and what grades you got.

Does the future transcript have your science prereqs in it? That might explain them being sticky about that one, but would also mean there's no way you can just omit it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It seems to be a consensus that a second degree will not eliminate the transcript issue. If the international school will be of no benefit in the grad school decision I would say leave it off future applications. If you think that transcript will prove your worth to PA schools than it sounds like you might need legal counsel to make them release transcripts assuming you don't owe the school money or some weird reason. Good luck.
(02-22-2018, 09:32 PM)cardiacclep Wrote: It seems to be a consensus that a second degree will not eliminate the transcript issue. If the international school will be of no benefit in the grad school decision I would say leave it off future applications. If you think that transcript will prove your worth to PA schools than it sounds like you might need legal counsel to make them release transcripts assuming you don't owe the school money or some weird reason. Good luck.

OP can't leave the foreign transcript off because the credits from it were used to get the BA degree from EC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Bjcheung77 Recommend you to Review with WES or ECE your options. If they provide you with an updated evaluation or use your previous evaluation, they just need to resend that to the school of choice for the PA program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I really wouldn't advise trying to hide a degree or transcripts. It's technically lying because the application will ask and you'll be leaving off info. But maybe you can apply and provide any documentation you have (such as the expired transcript). Like cookderosa said, there are 1000s of grad schools out there. Find another one. And just because they tell you one thing over the phone, don't give up. It's not always set in stone. Those are standard guidelines but I know they handle situations like yours that are out-of-the-box. I know PA programs are a bit more competitive, but they need those science credits on the EC transcript regardless.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • HistoryMaker
I would like to thank all of those who responded to my question with advice and help. Thankfully my WES/ECE evaluations haven't expired yet, and I was able to order transcript copies without issues. Also, I hired a lawyer to handle the international school in case I need those transcripts again. It looks like things may work out.
[-] The following 2 users Like drashrafaziz's post:
  • davewill, HistoryMaker
(02-24-2018, 11:59 PM)drashrafaziz Wrote: I would like to thank all of those who responded to my question with advice and help. Thankfully my WES/ECE evaluations haven't expired yet, and I was able to order transcript copies without issues. Also, I hired a lawyer to handle the international school in case I need those transcripts again. It looks like things may work out.

That's great. I would think that the evaluations should satisfy the school.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,623 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,946 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,939 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero