Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please review my BSBA Accounting degree plan
The Saylor exams I've taken have been 50 multiple choice questions. I have not done a proctored one at Saylor, however. One could probably take the course outline and the non-proctored final, and use those to do your own prep from a standard textbook or online. That said, not all of the courses were that bad. For instance I used the Intro to Sociology course as prep for the CLEP and it was quite good. Since it was based on a single textbook, you didn't have to sit through meandering lectures that weren't on point, and the quizzes were consistent with the material. I used Saylor Environmental Ethics to prep for the TECEP, however, and the material was all over the map....Read three pages from the fourth article on this site, watch lectures from three different sources, plus there were at least three broken links that went nowhere. In hindsight, I should have just used the textbook the TECEP description listed, but it also listed the Saylor course.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks for your input, guys! I like the idea of using SL for the accounting courses; that may be a much better and faster route for those. I've taken 4 proctored Saylor exams and passed 3 of them (had to retake one). I don't usually ever use the Saylor study material, just a combination of study guides, YT, IC, quizlet, and sometimes the Saylor unit quizzes.

I've thought many times that I would love to help them overhaul their entire student site...make it way more user-friendly, conducive to studying, and look sleek and modern... Someone needs to do that!
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
K, so I realized I put CIS-101 in my degree plan twice. :ack: I tried to pick out the remaining "easy" options I have (101 means easier, right lol)

chemistry (chem-104),
physics (phys-111),
astronomy (ast-101),
science of nutrition tecep (bio-208)

It's dumb of me, but I don't know if chemistry or physics is considered harder as far as studying goes. And astronomy sounded easy, although that doesn't sound politically correct for some reason. Wink Which one would you recommend?
Graduated June 2018!
*Bump* Any suggestions, guys? I plan on predominantly using CrashCourse for whichever one I pick, to see how well it prepares me for the test.

keepsingin Wrote:K, so I realized I put CIS-101 in my degree plan twice. :ack: I tried to pick out the remaining "easy" options I have (101 means easier, right lol)

Chemistry I (chem-104),
Physics I (phys-111),
astronomy (ast-101),
science of nutrition tecep (bio-208)

It's dumb of me, but I don't know if chemistry or physics is considered harder as far as studying goes. And astronomy sounded easy, although that doesn't sound politically correct for some reason. Wink Which one would you recommend?
Graduated June 2018!
I received an email today that I'd received Study.com's scholarship which is super cool! So I need to switch around some of the courses in my degree plan, and wanted to post it here to confirm that I'm on the right track.

This thread and this thread have answered quite a few questions for me already (thanks guys!). I'm shooting for UL courses here but obviously still need to be sensible. Some say Principles of Finance is a tough one so I'm not sure if I should take it in this scholarship, when I haven't taken Macro or Micro yet. I have minimal business experience but I do watch the show The Profit...Lol jk! But seriously though, that guy has taught me a lot! Big Grin

I've switched to BSBA Accounting w/o the CPA pathway, though I may later complete the CPA requirements so I'm still working to follow the CPA requirements for my state. Not quite sure how to go about picking which ones to take through Study.com so I copied some from airricklee's plan (thanks!). Courses yet to be taken are in blue print.

I. General Ed 60
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills 15
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Written Communication - College Comp CLEP
Oral Communication - SL intro to communication[/COLOR]
Quantitative Literacy - College Algebra Saylor
Information Literacy - A&I Lit CLEP
B. Civic and Global Learning 9
Diversity - Intro Sociology CLEP
Ethics - Institutes Ethics 2
Civic Engagement - Intro to Comparative Politics Saylor
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures 9
Social Science & History CLEP
Human Growth & Development CLEP
D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World 6
Intro Cellular Mollecular Biology Saylor
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Chemistry I or Physics I through Saylor or Science of Nutrition TECEP
[/COLOR]E. Mathematics 6
Intro Statistics ALEKS
College Mathematics CLEP
F. General Ed Electives 15
Intro Psych CLEP
US His I & II CLEP
College Mathematics CLEP (3 split)
A&I Lit CLEP (3 split)
Cyber Security for Business Professionals TEEX (CIS-344 Computer Security)
II. Professional Business Requirements 36
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Financial Accounting - Study
Managerial Accounting - Study
Business Law - Saylor
[/COLOR]Principles of Management CLEP
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS - Saylor
[/COLOR]Introduction to Marketing - Saylor
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Principles of Finance - Study
Business in Society or International Management - TECEP
Macroeconomics - Saylor
Microeconomics - Saylor
Business/Managerial Communications - Saylor's Corporate Communications
Strategic Management - TECEP
[/COLOR]III. Area of Study: Accounting 18
Required Subjects: (6)
[COLOR="#0000FF"]• Intermediate Accounting I - SL
• Intermediate Accounting II - PF
[/COLOR]Recommended Subjects (12) pick 4
[COLOR="#0000FF"]• Federal Income Taxation I
• Federal Income Taxation II OR Tax Accounting II
• Advanced Financial Accounting
• Advanced Managerial Accounting
• Accounting Information Systems
• Analysis of Financial Statements
• Auditing
• Cost Accounting
• Fund, Government OR Public Accounting[/COLOR]

Free Electives (6)
[COLOR="#0000FF"]Personal Finance - Study.com
TESU lifelong learning strategies course?
other course[/COLOR]

In the last 12 credits of recommended subjects in AOS, I'm a little lost as to which courses to pick and where to take them. I still have 2 courses to fit in to my Study.com scholarship; any help is greatly appreciated!
Graduated June 2018!
I have not taken either of the Saylor science courses you are asking about, but I do remember seeing a post in which someone said Saylor Chemistry was very straightforward.
Also, since it looks like you only have one of the 2-credit TEEX courses in your plan, have you considered using the other two for four more credits of free electives? Or maybe 2 credits for Cybersecurity for Everyone and a one credit NFA course?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Since you are searching for four more accounting courses, and you have two more left on your Study scholarship, perhaps this would work?

Study Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting (TESU ACC-301: Managerial Accounting)
Study Accounting 302: Advanced Accounting (TESU ACC-401: Advanced Accounting I)
and from Straighterline
SL Managerial Accounting - ACC150 (TESU Cost Accounting - ACC-303)
and one of these
TECEP Federal Income Taxation TESU ACC-421 or
PF Computer Applications in Accounting (likely TESU ACC-213)

Have you already enrolled at TESU? If you wait until you have 104+ credits, the Cornerstone class in your free electives is waived.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:I have not taken either of the Saylor science courses you are asking about, but I do remember seeing a post in which someone said Saylor Chemistry was very straightforward.
Also, since it looks like you only have one of the 2-credit TEEX courses in your plan, have you considered using the other two for four more credits of free electives? Or maybe 2 credits for Cybersecurity for Everyone and a one credit NFA course?

Since you are searching for four more accounting courses, and you have two more left on your Study scholarship, perhaps this would work?

Study Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting (TESU ACC-301: Managerial Accounting)
Study Accounting 302: Advanced Accounting (TESU ACC-401: Advanced Accounting I)
and from Straighterline
SL Managerial Accounting - ACC150 (TESU Cost Accounting - ACC-303)
and one of these
TECEP Federal Income Taxation TESU ACC-421 or
PF Computer Applications in Accounting (likely TESU ACC-213)

Have you already enrolled at TESU? If you wait until you have 104+ credits, the Cornerstone class in your free electives is waived.

I haven't enrolled yet, but I plan to do so by June. I hope to have 104 credits by then; if not, I was going to ask them to waive it anyway since all my electives and Gen Ed will already be filled up. (Not sure if they do that?)

Thanks a ton for the pointers! Not sure how I forgot the obvious TEEX and/or NFA courses! Smile And the accounting courses you listed look perfect; I'm gonna plug those in to my plan. Thanks for walking me through this and for helping to make my degree planning headache-free! Big Grin
Graduated June 2018!
Hey y'all, I have a 2 cr slot in my Gen Ed Electives that needs to be filled up, any suggestions? I figured that if I stick a 3-cr course in there, then the extra cr will jump down to my free electives, correct?

I thought of doing Study's Intro to Comp (I took Study's Info Systems & Comp App). If there's another relatively easy or quick course that would squeeze into a 3-exam-run in a month's subscription to Study, that'd be great. Or through a dif provider than Study, that works as well. Thanks...
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Hey y'all, I have a 2 cr slot in my Gen Ed Electives that needs to be filled up, any suggestions? I figured that if I stick a 3-cr course in there, then the extra cr will jump down to my free electives, correct?

I thought of doing Study's Intro to Comp (I took Study's Info Systems & Comp App). If there's another relatively easy or quick course that would squeeze into a 3-exam-run in a month's subscription to Study, that'd be great. Or through a dif provider than Study, that works as well. Thanks...

Yes, if you have too many Gen Ed's, they will bump down into Free Electives.

And Intro to Comp is a great choice. If you don't need 2 courses through Study.com, and you only want this 1 course, you might consider Davar. Unlimited exams for $99 in June.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 581 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 259 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 599 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,686 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,762 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 565 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 496 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 280 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 839 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,225 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM