Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please review my WGU BS-IT Management Degree Plan
(10-11-2019, 04:34 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Thanks for the update. Sure is good to know they didn't change how Aleks College Algebra transfers and it still works to meet both requirements!  Smile

Have you decided if you will complete your degree at WGU yet?

I was awarded a Pell Grant, but it is not much money (still better than nothing). So I also applied for Federal Loans. I am waiting to get the results on that. It is pretty much looking like I will select WGU. I am probably going to have to push my Start Date to January 1st because at WGU the transcripts must be submitted by the 1st of the prior month.

Study.com seems to be taking longer to evaluate my last few classes. I used to get results just a few days after taking my exams. Now, it seems to be taking 5 to 7 or more business days on average. I also need to keep this in mind as I knock out my last few transfer classes.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • shadowgem
Every little bit helps lol 

That sounds like a solid plan to give you enough time to finish any extra courses you can or want to transfer in.

I'm curious to know. Were you able to use the TEEX courses at all? Did they accept the UL DB course to meet the DB Foundations requirement? And will they allow the new Saylor Critical Thinking Course (not yet listed on the transfer agreement) to meet the Critical Thinking requirement?
(10-11-2019, 04:58 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Every little bit helps lol 

That sounds like a solid plan to give you enough time to finish any extra courses you can or want to transfer in.

I'm curious to know. Were you able to use the TEEX courses at all? Did they accept the UL DB course to meet the DB Foundations requirement? And will they allow the new Saylor Critical Thinking Course (not yet listed on the transfer agreement) to meet the Critical Thinking requirement?

I edited my previous post a few minutes ago. I missed it by mistake because I was so excited about the Intermediate Algebra news. Yes, Study.com's Computer Science 303 IS fulfilling WGU's Data Management-Foundations. 

I did not ask about the Saylor Critical Thinking Course. The reviews online make it sound like it is not too tough with WGU, so I am going to take it with WGU. 

As far as TEEX goes, nothing transferred over. None of my free credits transferred. I'm looking forward to the stability of WGU and saying goodbye to the constant
unexpected changes at TESU.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-11-2019, 05:05 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I edited my previous post a few minutes ago. I missed it by mistake because I was so excited about the Intermediate Algebra news. Yes, Study.com's Computer Science 303 IS fulfilling WGU's Data Management-Foundations. 

I did not ask about the Saylor Critical Thinking Course. The reviews online make it sound like it is not too tough with WGU, so I am going to take it with WGU. I just wondered in case I decide to take the Saylor course. I am interested in trying a few of their new courses, just to see if they have improved over time. 

As far as TEEX goes, nothing transferred over. None of my free credits transferred. I'm looking forward to the stability of WGU and saying goodbye to the constant

Excellent!

Yea I would probably choose to take Critical Thinking at WGU as well given the course reviews I've seen myself.

For the TEEX courses, that doesn't surprise me, but definitely was curious about them, so thanks for the feedback.

I hear you. I'm thinking of making a change myself. I just haven't decided which direction to head yet. I do look forward to seeing how this change (if you make it) turns out for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • AwardTour
(10-11-2019, 05:05 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

I edited my previous post a few minutes ago. I missed it by mistake because I was so excited about the Intermediate Algebra news. Yes, Study.com's Computer Science 303 IS fulfilling WGU's Data Management-Foundations. 

I did not ask about the Saylor Critical Thinking Course. The reviews online make it sound like it is not too tough with WGU, so I am going to take it with WGU. 

Hello AwardTour,

May I request if you can please post your transcript evaluation specific to Sophia courses you took.
I am really curious as to why Sophia & WGU removed their articulation/transfer agreement on their respective site. I am hoping you can post how WGU matched their courses to Sophia.

Thanks!
(10-14-2019, 08:38 AM)nosideedison Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 05:05 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

Hello AwardTour,

May I request if you can please post your transcript evaluation specific to Sophia courses you took.
I am really curious as to why Sophia & WGU removed their articulation/transfer agreement on their respective site. I am hoping you can post how WGU matched their courses to Sophia.

Thanks!
Just look at the spreadsheet that dfrecore made for me. Everything she listed as transferring from Sophia to WGU transferred exactly as she said it would. 

Also, me posting my evaluation online won't answer your question on why Sophia does not list the WGU transfer guide online. That would be a question you should ask WGU and Sophia yourself directly.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business of IT - Project Management oram3189 6 476 02-18-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Wanting a masters degree for IT from WGU benon 10 866 01-21-2024, 04:13 AM
Last Post: benon
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,074 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in HR - anyone accelerate through this degree? Whitepines 4 495 01-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Can you pause your degree? Learnsomestuff 9 1,029 11-17-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  BSIT TO MSITM Program - Should I take required Certs before enrolling in degree? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 2 370 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management MNomadic 3 1,173 11-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 897 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  Has anyone done the BS in Supply Chains and Operations Management? jsh1138 0 519 09-29-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,590 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7