Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please review my degree plan
foodiegirl76 Wrote:Hi! I am in Oklahoma. In addition to psychology, I'm also interested in business (something entrepreneurship-related) and mathematics. I would be interested in another concentration.

Other than English, do you know another language?  Are you opposed to taking a language class?  If you're OK with it, then skip TESU altogether, I still highly recommend them overall for many reasons but not in your particular case.  You can get a degree combo at UMPI/Walden cheaper, easier, faster than at TESU.  See steps below...

I would take everything you can first with Sophia.org since they're cheap, easy, fast... If you require more courses, extend that, and then work on other ACE recommended credits either from Sophia.org or InstantCertCredit, Study.com, etc. If you're going for UMPI, you need to make sure you have a lab science and language course.  So, skip StraighterLine altogether... 

Now to get you started: 1) Invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking and answer search.
2) Continue with Sophia.org and use 1 monitor for quiz/exams, 1 monitor for looking at pdf/texts.
3) Complete as many Sophia.org courses as you can that don't duplicate, up to 20-25+ courses.

If you need to extend the membership, it's just $79/month for 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses.
Once done with the max of Sophia.org courses, you should update this message with a new evaluation.
Example set of courses from Sophia.org: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Link 1: UMPI - Completing a Degree
Link 2: UMPI BLS Management Degree Plan
Link 3: UMPI Sophia Transfer Equivalents

You can take American Government, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Spanish I at InstantCertCredit.com
UMPI BA Reference Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
Since you're from OK, grad programs: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-to-offer
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2022, 01:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I would not personally take a CLEP unless either I knew the subject VERY well without studying or there were no alternatives. The pass rates for the different CLEPs aren't that great: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...-2020/amp/

Since, in the time that I could spend studying for just ONE of the more difficult CLEPs, I could possibly have fully completed 1-3 Sophia courses, it makes no sense to me. The biggest exception to this would be English Comp Modular w/ Essay. Assuming you pass, that is the quickest and easiest way to get English Comp credit at TESU.

I took 2 CLEP's and 2 DSST's in 1 day (just over 2 hours for all 4) and passed them all without a second of studying.  Management & Marketing CLEP's and Personal Finance & Intro to Computers DSST's.  If they had a ModernStates back in the day, and I could have gotten more for free, I'd have done it.  I'm a good test-taker, and so that's going to be my first option if possible and the price is right.  With the option to take them at home now, that's even more of a motivator.

I have a kid who's a great test-taker and one who isn't.  The one who is, we are going to take some CLEP exams.  The other - I wouldn't even suggest it.  My kid is a HS senior, just finished Am Govt with a 100%, is taking Econ with a 100%, and is taking a computer course with a 100%.  It's certainly worth taking the CLEP exams while all of this is fresh.  He also would NEVER agree to a course where he had to do a lot of work right now, so a CLEP is really the only option for him at this point.  So Am Govt, Macro & Microecon, & Info Systems are gimme's.  He's also thinking A&I Lit, College Algebra, College Math (took precalc last year), US History I & II (took those last year).

Just depends on what you like, what you're good at, etc.

Most people don't study for the CLEP exams I don't think (military for sure didn't used to when they had unlimited takes).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-18-2022, 04:43 PM)bjcheung77 Thanks for the information! I have been looking into this, and I am fairly certain this is the path I am going to take. Wrote:
foodiegirl76 Wrote:Hi! I am in Oklahoma. In addition to psychology, I'm also interested in business (something entrepreneurship-related) and mathematics. I would be interested in another concentration.

Other than English, do you know another language?  Are you opposed to taking a language class?  If you're OK with it, then skip TESU altogether, I still highly recommend them overall for many reasons but not in your particular case.  You can get a degree combo at UMPI/Walden cheaper, easier, faster than at TESU.  See steps below...

I would take everything you can first with Sophia.org since they're cheap, easy, fast... If you require more courses, extend that, and then work on other ACE recommended credits either from Sophia.org or InstantCertCredit, Study.com, etc. If you're going for UMPI, you need to make sure you have a lab science and language course.  So, skip StraighterLine altogether... 

Now to get you started: 1) Invest in a second monitor for easier multi-tasking and answer search.
2) Continue with Sophia.org and use 1 monitor for quiz/exams, 1 monitor for looking at pdf/texts.
3) Complete as many Sophia.org courses as you can that don't duplicate, up to 20-25+ courses.

If you need to extend the membership, it's just $79/month for 2 courses at a time, unlimited courses.
Once done with the max of Sophia.org courses, you should update this message with a new evaluation.
Example set of courses from Sophia.org: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Link 1: UMPI - Completing a Degree
Link 2: UMPI BLS Management Degree Plan
Link 3: UMPI Sophia Transfer Equivalents

You can take American Government, Intro to Entrepreneurship, Spanish I at InstantCertCredit.com
UMPI BA Reference Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
Since you're from OK, grad programs: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-to-offer
[-] The following 1 user Likes foodiegirl76's post:
  • ISKBizz15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 242 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 350 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 498 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,264 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM