Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please view my plan and help: TESU- BSBA GM
I had originally planned to do a BS in Organizational Leadership, but after seeing some compelling advice here I decided that the best course of action for me will be do do BSBA GM instead, and then go ahead and do  MS OL from WGU or Brandman after that.  

I am still barely learning how this all can work - so I'm asking for your recommended plan to get me through this BSBA as quickly and cost effectively as possible.  

I have a transcript with a few credits from years ago, and have included what I've done on sophia so far as well.  

I've got my first child coming soon, and feel like I need to get this accomplished before time becomes more of an issue, and especially to make sure and have options to provide should I ever be looking for work again.  

Thank you for reading this - and for any advice, planning, or strategies that can help me accomplish the goal.

Attached Files
.jpg   CMU TRANSCRIPT.jpg (Size: 129.58 KB / Downloads: 25)
I need help with 2 things here:

1) Making sure I'm using the credits I already have correctly  (green on the sheet) 
2) Filling out the missing areas (pink on the sheet)

Can you lend me an assist please?
First off, your Sophia transcript has your address on it. You probably don't want that to be available publicly. You could just make a list of everything you've taken at Sophia and add that directly to a post. You should also apply/enroll at TESU ASAP in order to get official assessments.

That said, you have statistics as taking up both quantitative literacy and part E. Mathematics. TESU doesn't do this. You either need to take Algebra at Sophia or CSM Learn to fill one of those slots.

For Civic Engagement, you can do InstantCert's American Government. OR Political Science 103: Comparative Politics at SDC ought to work.

Understanding the Physical & Natural World: Human Biology at Sophia.

Golf is probably not going to be a GE elective at TESU. It'll likely either get moved down to your free electives or discarded. The same thing might happen with Theater Appreciation. Intro to Business is also not a GE Elective. Developing Effective Teams is 1 credit and also not a GE Elective. GE Electives can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

SPCH 102 will fill the slot for Oral Communication. SPCH101 moves down to GE Electives.

Business Communications from Colorado Mesa University should indeed transfer as the Business Communications requirement.

For Intro to Marketing, Business in Society, and the AOS, you've got several options. See this plan for details: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You kind of have this wonky, so it's hard to see. But here are the mistakes I see (some may have already been pointed out):
1) Stats can't be used in Quant Lit for the BSBA, it's already a requirement
2) Golf is not a GE, it's a Free Elective
3) Intro to Business is a Free Elective
4) Project Management is not a core course, you can use it in the AOS
5) Sophia's Accounting course covers Financial Accounting, you'll need a Managerial Accounting course as well
6) You ned Prin of Management in the core

Best way to get your UL credit: Study.com or Davar
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oral Communications will get filled by SPCH 102, SPCH 101 will go to General Electives
You need 2 maths, take both College Algebra and Introduction to Statistics at Sophia.
You need to take the Cornerstone at TESU

You need all 3 parts of Civic Engagement. Introduction to Sociology and Introduction to Ethics at Sophia, and American Government at Instantcert.com

I believe Theater Appreciation (transfers as Introduction to Theather) will go in the Human Cultures section, along with Ancient Greek Philosophers and Intro to Religion from Sophia.

You should be fine taking both Environmental Science and Intro to Biology at Sophia for Natural World.

As touched on before, Intro to Statistics will cover Mathematics.

For General Electives, Spanish and SPCH 101 from your transfers, and 2xUS History, Intro to Psych, and Intro to Art History should work.

For the Business core, you can get Financial Accounting, Business Law, Computers, Principles of Finance, Micro and Macroeconomics from Sophia. It's likely that Communication at Work will cover Managerial Communications, but I don't know if we have confirmation of that.

You need:
Managerial Accounting (Accounting 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting @ Study.com)
Principles of Management (Business 101: Principles of Management @ Study.com)
Intro to Marketing (I suggest the TECEP, since you need 2 more RA credits)
Business in Society (Business 120: International Business @ Study.com)

For the AOS, I would look at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gement_AOS

Your free electives will be covered by Golf and your already-taken Sophia Courses.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Robbiej
(01-05-2021, 06:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: First off, your Sophia transcript has your address on it. You probably don't want that to be available publicly. You could just make a list of everything you've taken at Sophia and add that directly to a post. You should also apply/enroll at TESU ASAP in order to get official assessments.

That said, you have statistics as taking up both quantitative literacy and part E. Mathematics. TESU doesn't do this. You either need to take Algebra at Sophia or CSM Learn to fill one of those slots.

For Civic Engagement, you can do InstantCert's American Government. OR Political Science 103: Comparative Politics at SDC ought to work.

Understanding the Physical & Natural World: Human Biology at Sophia.

Golf is probably not going to be a GE elective at TESU. It'll likely either get moved down to your free electives or discarded. The same thing might happen with Theater Appreciation. Intro to Business is also not a GE Elective. Developing Effective Teams is 1 credit and also not a GE Elective. GE Electives can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

SPCH 102 will fill the slot for Oral Communication. SPCH101 moves down to GE Electives.

Business Communications from Colorado Mesa University should indeed transfer as the Business Communications requirement.

For Intro to Marketing, Business in Society, and the AOS, you've got several options. See this plan for details: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Great, thanks.  I applied at TESU a few weeks back - and just this afternoon got an email about making a degree plan and a sign up link to a webinar of some sort. I appreciate the response, and I am starting to see that I just need to learn how to use the WIKI a little better.  Thanks again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 582 Today, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,896 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 198 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 193 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 184 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM