Poll: Have you...
This poll is closed.
Voted and will vote for Obama?
22.58%
7 22.58%
Voted and will not vote again for Obama?
0%
0 0%
Didn't vote for Obama?
77.42%
24 77.42%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics
How many of you voted for Obama and will vote for him again in 2012? Explain.

i vote democrat.simply because they take from the rich and give to the poor
CLEPS/DSST PASSED
Spanish- 64, Heres to Your health-414
Almost Done with My Embry Riddle Pro Aero Degree.

thiagocastro Wrote:How many of you voted for Obama and will vote for him again in 2012? Explain.

Im biting my tongue....err typing finger onthis one.

I'm a rather political person...but I like my IC buddies and I'm pretty happy NOT knowing where people stand politically...I want to just assume the best and not know in this case.

I don't think I'm going to visit this thread again...you guys have fun and be nice Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
thiagocastro Wrote:How many of you voted for Obama and will vote for him again in 2012? Explain.

It's NOT the "poor's" money! The rich have their OWN money! The poor (able bodied) can get of their effing a$$ and create their OWN wealth! When the "poor" in this country eat for free, have tv's/cars/cellphones/laptops/etc they are not freakin' poor! Got it??:leaving:
rebel100 Wrote:Im biting my tongue....err typing finger onthis one.

I'm a rather political person...but I like my IC buddies and I'm pretty happy NOT knowing where people stand politically...I want to just assume the best and not know in this case.

I don't think I'm going to visit this thread again...you guys have fun and be nice Smile
Don't bite to hard on the tongue, you wouldn't want that thing to get bitten off.its very painfull
CLEPS/DSST PASSED
Spanish- 64, Heres to Your health-414
Almost Done with My Embry Riddle Pro Aero Degree.

burbuja0512 Wrote:I'm watching the poll closely, but choosing not to comment Wink I'm a very political person, but many of my best forum buddies are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from me. *ahem.. cough.. Ryoder* hilarious

Hah!

Hey most of my friends and family voted for Obama! I don't think it is a character flaw. These are some of the smartest and most caring people I know. They just drank the Kool Aide.

I will never forget how upset Michelle Obama was when she told the story of how her father had to work two jobs to put her through school and to make it. She held that up as a story to be ashamed of. I on the other hand, applaud her father for rising to the challenge and being a real man. That is a story I would tell with pride to anyone who would hear it.

To me that is the difference between a liberal and a conservative.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
thaigocastro is SO RIGHT. The democrats do take from the rich and give to the poor. Remember that people! Smile
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Quote:I will never forget how upset Michelle Obama was when she told the story of how her father had to work two jobs to put her through school and to make it. She held that up as a story to be ashamed of. I on the other hand, applaud her father for rising to the challenge and being a real man. That is a story I would tell with pride to anyone who would hear it.

To me that is the difference between a liberal and a conservative.

Transcript: Michelle Obama's Convention Speech : NPR

And I come here as a daughter — raised on the South Side of Chicago by a father who was a blue-collar city worker and a mother who stayed at home with my brother and me. My mother's love has always been a sustaining force for our family, and one of my greatest joys is seeing her integrity, her compassion and her intelligence reflected in my own daughters.

My dad was our rock. Although he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in his early 30s, he was our provider, our champion, our hero. As he got sicker, it got harder for him to walk, it took him longer to get dressed in the morning. But if he was in pain, he never let on. He never stopped smiling and laughing — even while struggling to button his shirt, even while using two canes to get himself across the room to give my mom a kiss. He just woke up a little earlier and worked a little harder.

He and my mom poured everything they had into me and Craig. It was the greatest gift a child can receive: never doubting for a single minute that you're loved, and cherished, and have a place in this world. And thanks to their faith and hard work, we both were able to go on to college. So I know firsthand from their lives — and mine — that the American dream endures.

And you know, what struck me when I first met Barack was that even though he had this funny name, even though he'd grown up all the way across the continent in Hawaii, his family was so much like mine. He was raised by grandparents who were working-class folks just like my parents, and by a single mother who struggled to pay the bills just like we did. Like my family, they scrimped and saved so that he could have opportunities they never had themselves. And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Geezer you are on a roll lately. hilarious

Yes, many Democrat policies take from the rich to give to the poor, but many Republican policies take from the poor and middle class and give to the wealthy and corporations as corporate welfare.

Supporting the wholesale transfer of wealth from the wealthy to the poor is no different from supporting the wholesale transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy and corporate interests. Both are morally wrong.

I personally would vote for two things in a heartbeat:

1. Every politician must at all times wear an outfit like NASCAR drivers, showing who their "sponsors" are. More money = more prominent logo:

[Image: nascar.jpg]

2. This guy for President (seriously, just watch the video for 2 minutes)

(And Thomas Sowell as Secretary of the Treasury!)

Also, a few quotes that I think sum up politics pretty well:

Quote:Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.
-- T. S. Eliot

The first thing a man will do for his ideals is lie.
--Joseph A. Schumpeter

The quality of ideas seems to play a minor role in mass movement leadership. What counts is the arrogant gesture, the complete disregard of the opinion of others, the singlehanded defiance of the world.
--Eric Hoffer
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Ok, you keep your money, and I'll keep mine. You work for your's, and I'll work for mine.

@dcan's post. That's great video. You can tell the guy was sincere, but I'm not sold on how he wants to fix the problem.

I think the biggest issues in the next election will be:
1. Getting rid of a broken two party system that is completely self oriented, and seems to glorify its self above the people.
2. Getting a president that will lead the country to prosperity without spending it to death. And the obvious part about his inability to communicate without a TelePrompter.
3. Getting governmental spending under control, and of course the national debt.
4. Voting in leaders who actually know just a little about economics (for once).
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
Agreed Financial World! :iagree:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Higher Ed & Politics - Russian Style Alpha 0 540 10-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Grading and politics davewill 39 2,771 02-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore