Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portfolio of Self?
If it's used therapeuticly, is there a way to prevent someone from only including the good stuff? Like, a social media account only showing the wins, never the failures - a romanticized version of oneself. Unless that's the goal - to see the positives, for someone who engaged in negative self-talk our needs to set life goals. I think it's a brilliant idea and if done honestly can yield great results. It makes me want to put something like this together for myself.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • a2jc4life
That's a really good question. I don't think there's any way to guarantee that someone is honest, no. I think it would probably be more useful in a "life coaching" context (where someone is pretty happy, well-adjusted, etc. but wants help finding direction) than counseling, per se. It could maybe be used for the latter, too, but perhaps as a more open-ended project and not so much as a goal-oriented thing to complete.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Showcase your portfolio website! bjcheung77 1 627 03-14-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Stocks and Portfolio MrBossmanJr 2 953 03-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  Is Anyone Willing to Share their Portfolio Example Saharapost 0 729 07-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  portfolio material skybirds 2 900 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Last Post: skybirds
  "Experiential Learning Portfolio" ShotoJuku 2 1,993 09-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku