Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible test-friendly TESU BA Psychology degree (after July 2015)
I don't think you'll be stuck having to take that. I think they offer a Social Psychology class that is 6cr, so when they made the degree sheet, they put that in there - but they will probably just substitute the 3cr with a Psych elective. I have not heard from anyone on here doing the Psych major that had this problem.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I have not heard from anyone on here doing the Psych major that had this problem.

That might be because the 6cr requirement is new this catalog year. I don't see too many psych majors here, especially new ones from July forward
Okay, got some updates after getting off the phone with an advisor this morning.

Good News: the Social Psych class I transferred, because it was a 400/upper level class, counts to fulfill the Social Psychology requirement. As we had speculated, the additional three credits are instead satisfied with additional Psych/area of study electives. This required dean approval, but was changed for me within 15 minutes of getting off the phone. She said had the class been lower level, it likely would not count, because "intro to social psych" classes are not in depth enough. UExcel (and most other social psych courses/exams I've seen) are upper level, so you'd likely get the same results. But you do need to get dean's approval. :hurray:

On the other hand, the Ethics in Social Science requirement is not flexible. The advisor was not aware of any test out options, and she said ethics in specific areas within social science (such as Criminal Justice Ethics as suggested before in this thread) would not apply. If you found an "Ethics in Psychology" course somewhere that you wanted to transfer in, that would likely work, but other social sciences wouldn't. You would want to check first, of course. This makes sense and is what I suspected, but I wanted to ask anyway. I'll be signing up for this TESU course later today, most likely.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I'll be signing up for this TESU course later today, most likely.

Scratch that, I guess two days before registration closes is a little too late :p Class is full. Guess I'll be waiting. More time to finish some Study.com courses.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:Blergh, their abnormal psych class is based in DSM IV and I'm familiar with DSM5, but not IV. I have to learn some new, outdated concepts banghead

In case anyone is reading this down the road, just wanted to correct myself now that i've completed the course and exam and say this really made no difference. If you are familiar with DSM5 and not DSM-IV/DSM-IV-TR, you'll be fine. The exam doesn't get down to the nitty gritty or focus on the outdated DSM-IV axis diagnoses or anything like that. The course does mention DSM-IV-TR as the "most popular" version, even when acknowledging the DSM5, but I think that's because most of the content was made the same year DSM5 came out. DSM-IV-TR is no longer the most popular, but it really makes no difference for the exam.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

dfrecore Wrote:I don't think you'll be stuck having to take that. I think they offer a Social Psychology class that is 6cr, so when they made the degree sheet, they put that in there - but they will probably just substitute the 3cr with a Psych elective. I have not heard from anyone on here doing the Psych major that had this problem.

You were right. That makes things easier.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I added this degree plan to the wiki, and added some additional options that I couldn't go back to edit into my original post Smile

JSD's BA in Psychology (after July 1st, 2015) - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,319 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic