Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A dumb question
ndelcollo Wrote:@Zach- I'm not sure what your degree plan calls for in regards to Math, but I see that you smashed the PreCalc and Calc CLEPs so I would definitely tell you to knock out as many ALEKS courses as possible. I wouldn't call myself advanced in Math and I was able to complete 5 courses in about 20 days on ALEKS. I think you would very likely assess out of most of the classes and not even need to really do any work. I didn't really need PreCalc for my degree plan but I did it anyway because as my fifth course it was basically free. You could easily get 15 credits worth of Math just to have. The Stats course was the hardest but I still don't see someone at your level having much difficulty. I assume that course is needed in your plan.

EDIT- I now see that you also passed College Algebra CLEP so you probably won't have space for more Math credits. I don't know about you but pumping out credits in any fashion really motivates me to keep going and you could easily have any extra Math credits that you would need/be able to use for $20 and a few hours.

EDIT 2- Hahaha, I guess I should really read all of your completed exams before posting. I also now see that you passed the Stats DSST so ALEKS won't really do much of anything for you. I think that I read Calc and PreCalc and got too excited that I might finally be able to help someone else with my limited knowledge of this entire degree process. Anyway, keep up the good work...you're doing awesome so far!

I really appreciate the effort to help haha. I seem to do better at just testing instead of doing online course work so i went the CLEP/DSST route instead of Aleks.

What would be a great help is if you could give any tips and advice on the TEEX Cyber 101 that you've taken. I would really appreciate that!
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:Thank you all for the help with that! I really do appreciate how willing everyone on this forum is to help out!

Ohhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh Wink
Love the new siggy line!
Zachcleigh Wrote:What would be a great help is if you could give any tips and advice on the TEEX Cyber 101 that you've taken. I would really appreciate that!

The course was pretty easy. If you have any prior knowledge about computers, a lot of it is common sense or well-known stuff like firewalls and logging out on a public computer. I did the course over two days and took my time with it. I signed up for the next course from TEEX the other day but haven't started it yet. You'll have to check previous posts but I believe a lot of people have one window open with the course work and then another window open for the tests. I didn't do that because I wasn't smart enough to think of it :imwithstupid: but I will do that for the next course.
Also keep in mind that you can take the quizzes as many times as you need to get a passing score, so if you don't get 70%, you can easily focus on your weakness.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you both so much!! Valuable information. Especially the 2 open tabs and retesting.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To defend or not to defend, that is the question! bjcheung77 4 608 02-21-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Resume Question ROYISAGIRL 11 1,097 07-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Another job application question carebear_007 4 648 04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Fraud Claims and Dumb Dolphins - Mass Layoff! bjcheung77 11 1,392 12-11-2021, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Vonne
  Question: What do you use? For backup, restore, storage? bjcheung77 2 770 09-14-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Employment Question Alpha 3 1,051 01-22-2021, 04:45 PM
  Question: DegreeForum Investment bjcheung77 3 1,089 06-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,604 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Question for Techies: Best Things to Learn amilitab4k9 12 2,638 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Question about resume Imbanewbie 8 2,103 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM