Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your Test Center Experiences!
Hello InstantCert Community,

We often get emails from students asking if we have any recommendations or feedback on testing centers in their area. I have finally decided to add a Sub-forum under the General Education and Testing Discussion area called "CLEP/DSST Testing Center Reviews".

Please help fellow students out and post your experiences with any testing centers in your area. Feel free to reply here (and I will eventually move it to form its own thread in the new subforum) or you can go there yourself and create a thread.

Thanks!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
When you post, please include information about the monitors. A testing center that has the same flat panel monitors it had 10 years ago isn't where I want to test.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[-] The following 1 user Likes clep3705's post:
  • Nixi
I recently went to take DSSTs at a testing facility...
They said on the phone and in an email that they offered DSST.
Well, I made the mistake of not asking about the specific tests I wanted to take (Civil War and World Religions).
I didn't find out until I went for my scheduled time that they didn't offer those???
I thought a testing center would offer all the offerings, but it just ain't so.
So today I am calling more testing sites further from my home... I'm looking at 45 minute drives each way without traffic. 
I guess I won't be taking too many DSSTs.

Make sure to ask the testing center about the specific test you wish to take!
(07-22-2019, 03:22 PM)Carnation Wrote: I recently went to take DSSTs at a testing facility...
They said on the phone and in an email that they offered DSST.
Well, I made the mistake of not asking about the specific tests I wanted to take (Civil War and World Religions).
I didn't find out until I went for my scheduled time that they didn't offer those???
I thought a testing center would offer all the offerings, but it just ain't so.
So today I am calling more testing sites further from my home... I'm looking at 45 minute drives each way without traffic. 
I guess I won't be taking too many DSSTs.

Make sure to ask the testing center about the specific test you wish to take!

I've never heard of that problem - I think they all normally offer all of the DSST's EXCEPT the public speaking one (may not have a way for you to record your speeches).  I would probably call back and ask them which ones they DO offer, or why they don't offer all of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 149 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 467 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Why degree mills center so hard in post-graduate degrees? elcastor21 7 915 12-08-2023, 06:56 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,413 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Level 5 from UK, what have been your experiences? elcastor21 3 429 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 931 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Legitimacy of "US Dept of Edu Student Information Center" FrHaseKopf 4 841 06-14-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 838 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 778 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 478 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77