Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
Post your Test Results!
clep us history 1-63
clep us history 2-56

(used instantcert only, study time 1 month total)

Currently studying for Dantes Intro to Business
- Analyzing Lit – CLEP-----------60, 8 days studying
- Principles of Macroeconomics CLEP----------65, 9 days
- Principles of Microeconomics CLEP-----------59, 6 days
- Sociology CLEP-----------59, 4 days
- US History I CLEP-----------58, 5 days
- US History II CLEP----------55, 4 days
- Social Sciences-------------58, no studying!
- Humanities----------------55, 10 days
- Stats- DSST---------???, 15 days…difficult exam
- Principles of Management CLEP-----------67, 2 hours on instantcert

39 credits in 4 months! Anybody can do this....I'm not very smart, it just takes some hard work. Good luck!
So far:
[INDENT]CLEP Social Science & History - 60 (6 credits) 1 week heavy studying my self-made outline
CLEP Natural Sciences - 60 (6 credits) 2 weeks studying several sources and taking Xanax
CLEP Spanish Language - 80 (12 credits) No studying, I'm a native Spanish speaker, lucky me
CLEP Intro. Psychology - 68 (3 credits) 3 days heavy studying primer and InstantCert guide
CLEP Intro. to Educational Psychology - 52 (3 credits) 3 days heavy studying using primer and InstantCert guide
CLEP Intro. to Sociology - 73 (3 credits) - 3 days heavy studying using primer and InstantCert guide
[/INDENT]
Right now studying for to take on 2/8:
[INDENT]DANTES Principles of Supervision (3 credits)
DANTES Here's to your Health (3 credits)[/INDENT]
RBOWMAN Wrote:How Can I Find Out If There Are Clep Or Dantes Courses Classified As Upper Level? I Need About 20 Credits To Complete My Bachelor Degree And After Being Out Of School For 30 Years I Need All The Help I Can Get!!!
Thanks,
Rbowman

ACE does not recommend upper-level credit for ANY of the CLEP exams, and for only a handful of the Dantes exams. Each college has its own policies though, so who knows, Thomas Edison might award upper-level credit for some of the CLEP.

If you want to see which of our Dantes are upper-level, check out the table at http://www.instantcert.com/landing.html

The last column indicates "Upper" for upper-level. The Soviet Union test we just added is upper-level.

Also, I believe that many of the Thomas Edison and Excelsior College Exams are upper-level credit. You'll see that a couple of our DSST materials will adequately prepare you for their Excelsior College upper-level equivalents. Regarding Thomas Edison exams, though, I heard that they cost three or four hundred dollars each?!

You should try posting a new thread to see how other people have fulfilled their upper-level credits. I imagine there are some creative ways out there--i.e. computer cert exams, GRE's, etc.
With only a week of prep exclusively using Instacert, I got a 55 on CLEP US History 2.

Like the person before me said, concentrate on Depression up through WWII, and Theodore Roosevelt era. Test wouldn't have been so tough if I had done that Big Grin
fszjs1 Wrote:With only a week of prep exclusively using Instacert, I got a 55 on CLEP US History 2.

Like the person before me said, concentrate on Depression up through WWII, and Theodore Roosevelt era. Test wouldn't have been so tough if I had done that Big Grin
Thanks for the tips for us history 2, I will make sure I hit those areas really hard before I take the exam. I think I wasted money on teh US history 2 cliff notes because instantcert covers the same thing and more.
Smile
About how long are you studying for each of these cleps????
DSST Here's to your health - 58
DSST Introduction to Business- 53

Next week
Principles of Supervision
Principles of Management
Any tips on the Human Growth and Development CLEP. I have never taken one before. Is the Instacert Studyguide sufficient?
Did you find the Analyzing and interpreting Lit test very hard. Are all the questions in essay formatt?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the name of the idiot's guide study book being referred in this QUOTED post? rackcity92 2 106 03-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Post Graduation Learning TexasTink 1 113 02-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 6 157 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum dfrecore 9 1,132 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  AP Econ Test Changes: 2019/2020 eriehiker 1 94 02-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What does the College Algebra test look like on the screen? matermultorum 11 818 01-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Math placement test for comprehensive review? MNomadic 4 259 12-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  degree plans and choosing what site/group to test with turborelaxation 7 357 12-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Career Choices Post-Graduation Doodlebabe 3 334 09-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Modern States Test Center Fee Reimbursement mysonx3 10 806 08-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990