Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
Post your Test Results!
Took American Government today. Got a 73. I did the Modern States course (mostly just for the free voucher) and watched the Crash Course US Government videos. Also read through the Constitution and amendments a few times. And even though I was told going in by the exam feedback thread that there wouldn't be many amendment or court case questions, I let my obsessiveness get the best of me and made and memorized a Quizlet flashcard set on those anyway.

As for practice exams, I only did the first Free-CLEP-Prep one (the free one). Got 88%
Link to all credits earned: Link
It took me a week to complete the Ancient Greek Philosophy course on Sophia.com. If I wasn't busy with moving and giving myself a few days a rest and relaxation, I could have completed it in only three days. The challenges were pretty easy and the Milestone was easy as well, but still a little challenging. I used the entire 120 minutes to complete it and only finished literally a few seconds before the 2 hours were up. I was rushing through the last 5-8 questions since I only had a few minutes left and ended up mostly guessing what I thought the answer was, instead of searching through the open-book to confirm that my answer could have been correct, and only got one answer wrong towards the end.

It would have been a quicker and easier Milestone if I made sure to make a chart for the different beliefs, ethics, approaches, agreements and disagreements of Plato, Aristotle and Socrates. There was actually several more questions on Aristotle than any of the other philosophers, so I wish that I spent a little bit more time studying him and also Plato's Forms. Overall it was a pretty good course. I feel like I learned a lot from just answering the challenge questions and searching for answers and doing the same with the Practice Milestone. I don't think I had any of the same questions in the Milestone from any of the Challenges or Practice Milestone.

Challenge 1: 6/6
Challenge 2: 9/9
Challenge 3: 8/8
Challenge 4: 5/5
Milestone: 22/25
Total Score: 92%
GOAL 
TESU B.A. in Liberal Studies 

WORKING ON
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (CLEP)
Nutrition & Health - Body Sculpting With Diet & Exercise (OnlineDegree)

COMPLETED CREDITS
English Comp. 101 (Rowan College @ BC) - 3 cr.
312N-H Ethics (The Institutes) - 2cr.
Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace (Study.com) - 3 cr.
College Algebra (ALEKS) - 3 cr.
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (Sophia) - 1 cr.
Developing Effective Teams (Sophia) - 1 cr.
Q0118 - Community Safety Educators (NFA) - 1 cr.
Cyber 101: Cybersecurity for Everyone (TEEX) - 2 cr.
Cyber 201: Cybersecurity for IT (TEEX) - 2 cr.
Cyber 301: Cybersecurity for Business (TEEX) - 2cr.
Ancient Greek Philosophy (Sophia) - 3 cr.
= 23/60
CLEP American Government: 71
DSST Business Ethics & Society: 441
TECEP Medical Terminology: 81%
Passed the CLEP Humanities exam today with a 53.  Not to difficult, just a very long exam. There are 140 questions. I took the modern states course to get the voucher and answering their quizzes was really all I did to prepare. I watch a lot of Jeopardy and trivia shows though and the exam had very similar material. 

Towards the end I started to get bored and rushed through the last few questions (not good I know) I feel I would have scored better if I had not done that.
[-] The following 2 users Like tobyisking's post:
  • Kaskadian, Kelly Green
I took American Government Clep and got a 48.
My brother took the information systems clep and got a 75.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
Goal: Bachelors Degree by end of 2019
SDC English Comp 81
SDC Info Lit 83
SDC Itntro to Health 85
(08-26-2018, 11:03 PM)ISKBizz15 Wrote: It took me a week to complete the Ancient Greek Philosophy course on Sophia.com. If I wasn't busy with moving and giving myself a few days a rest and relaxation, I could have completed it in only three days. The challenges were pretty easy and the Milestone was easy as well, but still a little challenging. I used the entire 120 minutes to complete it and only finished literally a few seconds before the 2 hours were up. I was rushing through the last 5-8 questions since I only had a few minutes left and ended up mostly guessing what I thought the answer was, instead of searching through the open-book to confirm that my answer could have been correct, and only got one answer wrong towards the end.

It would have been a quicker and easier Milestone if I made sure to make a chart for the different beliefs, ethics, approaches, agreements and disagreements of Plato, Aristotle and Socrates. There was actually several more questions on Aristotle than any of the other philosophers, so I wish that I spent a little bit more time studying him and also Plato's Forms. Overall it was a pretty good course. I feel like I learned a lot from just answering the challenge questions and searching for answers and doing the same with the Practice Milestone. I don't think I had any of the same questions in the Milestone from any of the Challenges or Practice Milestone.

Challenge 1: 6/6
Challenge 2: 9/9
Challenge 3: 8/8
Challenge 4: 5/5
Milestone: 22/25
Total Score: 92%

Hi there,

I'm new here. I've been lurking and reading for a few months now. 

What are these Challenges and Milestones you mention? Are they a part of taking a course on Sophia.org? Is that how you earn your final grade? 
That specific course through Sophia is USD$149 (I just checked online). Are you going to take additional sophia courses? Have you taken their 2 free courses?

Thanks for any reply,
CC

(08-14-2018, 07:00 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Well I took American Government CLEP today and got 71!

I started with:
MS videos
Took REA diagnostic test and was feeling confident
CC videos
Took REA test 1: not so confident
Peterson Test 1: not so confident
Watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxdiYzktvwc
Read the whole REA guide
Took more tests: still not confident
Went over wrong answers again, went over concepts/terms I kept forgetting, reread a few things in REA

My practice test scores were:
REA dignostic: 76
REA test 1: 65
Peterson test 1: 64
REA test 2: 65
Peterson test 2: 65
Peterson test 3: 76

Fun fact: after I passed my test, I stopped by the library to return the REA study guide. People were outside getting people registered to vote so I got that taken care of too!

Congratulations!

Fantastic detail in this post! I was unaware of REA and Peterson tests before this. Also thanks for linking that youtube video by Mometrix Test Prep.

FYI: I found this on modern states while investigating:
     REA CLEP Prep Exam Guides
      Modern States learners can save 30%.
      Enter coupon code CLEP30 at checkout!

Did you use the CLEP30 code?

Thanks so much,
CC
Passed the Principles of Marketing CLEP with a 63!
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG AAS (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
G.E.D. (11/16/2004)

NEXT:
Charter Oak State College - BA, Individualized Studies or English
Passed Principles of Management yesterday with a 57. Not a terribly difficult exam. I studied for an hour a few weeks ago and for an hour the morning of. So 2 hours total. That being said, I'm 31 years old, have read some leadership/management books, have taken a bunch of business classes already, and have ~13 years of work experience. All of that certainly helped far more than the 2 hours of study.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Send CLEP test score to ACE? SCYankee 9 156 06-18-2019, 07:28 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Practice Test Scores Mom23boys 1 50 06-17-2019, 06:43 AM
  Good News For DSST Test Takers natshar 8 246 06-15-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Where Can I Test Out of a Psychology Degree? LadySearchDog 22 930 06-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What is the name of the idiot's guide study book being referred in this QUOTED post? rackcity92 2 171 03-17-2019, 08:22 PM
  Post Graduation Learning TexasTink 1 157 02-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 6 261 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Newbies - PLEASE post your questions on the forum dfrecore 9 1,616 02-12-2019, 04:28 PM
Last Post: davewill
  AP Econ Test Changes: 2019/2020 eriehiker 1 176 02-04-2019, 08:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  What does the College Algebra test look like on the screen? matermultorum 11 937 01-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: mysonx3