Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Post your Test Results!
I'm currently studying for History of the United States 1, and I was wondering if anybody has any tips, or information as to what's going to be on the test. I have been looking at college board, but I'm looking for more specific things to study. Any suggestions?
Crash Course US History:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E9WU9TG...rashCourse
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • Dorothy44
Took my first ever--and likely only--CLEP (College Composition) last Saturday via remote proctoring. Only ran into one issue when setting up the proctoring software that required me to disconnect from the proctor, reconnect, and restart the room scanning process. Smooth sailing after that.

I received my score six days later on 5/13 (two days sooner than their Score Availability dates page said it'd be ready), and I scored a 72/80--more than enough to pass ACE muster and get me credit for English Comp I and II at WGU. I used the Modern States course to prepare. Honestly, I almost certainly would've passed without any prep, but I do feel like that course helped me score as highly as I did. The free test and proctor fee vouchers were nice too.

As I'm sure many here have felt and said before, I do wish there was a way for me to find out exactly what I scored on my essays, but it's not that terribly important. Happy I passed, regardless.
Enrolling
WGU BS, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (as soon as I earn all of these transfer credits...)

Pre-enrollment credits
Potential: 59-77
Current (as of 06/20/22): 37
CLEP/AP: 9, IT Certifications: 18; Sophia: 10

Holy smokes. This thread is older than my High School Freshman
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Sophia: 17 credits

[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • Stacie
Exam Type: TECEP
Course: MAT-105 - Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics
Score: 87
Taken: Apr 2022
Difficulty: 3/10

Review: So I did this one backwards. I've done the higher math involved with a BACS earlier, so some of the concepts like Sets, Venn Diagrams, Probability and Statistics were more of a refresher than new learning. That being said, the content on the TECEP wasn't as varied as I expected. It was done in three sections. (~30 Questions, ~30 Questions, ~20 Questions - all multiple choice). Once you submit a section you can't go back and review, but can review while you're active in the section. You are allowed a calculator and a page of scratch paper.

As I mention above, while the content was varied, there were lots of similar questions in each section. I got a lot on compounding calculations, but only one on graphing and functions. I actually got a used book from Alibris since I prefer hard copies so I can leave post-its and notes for myself on the pages as this helps me flip back and forth quickly. It's nice that the syllabus matches the chapter subsections exactly. The only downside of the physical copy is that the book has answers for every 2nd question on you need the online resources for the other answers, but it's still doable. I didn't cram heavily for this exam as all the reviews I read said it was attainable with little study if you are decent at math. This seems to hold true, at least in my opinion.

One useful hint I'll throw out is the scratch paper. While useful for doing calculations, it's also good for making notes. Every time I got a formula, I wrote it down and sometimes it came in useful later in the exam. I was rusty on Truth Tables, but filled in enough info from the questions and optional answers to work my way back to what each symbol represented. While I wouldn't say there were 'trick' questions, I will say that there were several that if I hadn't gone back and re-read the question slowly I would have missed something.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120)
TESU BA-COS (114/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

College Algebra 75
(05-15-2022, 12:46 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Holy smokes. This thread is older than my High School Freshman

Probably because I'm tired, but that made me laugh so hard. 
I'll post my results soon, hopefully.

You know,
When I actually take the tests.
(12-17-2021, 11:21 PM)LautMil1243 Wrote: I'm currently studying for History of the United States 1, and I was wondering if anybody has any tips, or information as to what's going to be on the test. I have been looking at college board, but I'm looking for more specific things to study. Any suggestions?

Almost a year later, but did you try looking through the Specific Exam Feedback page?
Humanities 53

Social Sciences And History 46:/

English Literature 63

American Literature 53

Currently studying for Analyzing and Interpreting Literature and I will have to retake Social Sciences

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone taken the english composition 2 tecep test? bobby123 13 2,563 05-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Sb2013
  Average time for college to receive the test scores? sri 1 575 07-22-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: jch
  UExcel World Population Test Review cpoteraske 9 1,107 06-06-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST exam center couldn't administer test Murdockb 5 1,513 04-11-2021, 06:35 PM
Last Post: dhallfootball21
  1st clep, where do I send test? hi there 1 688 03-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Check your library website for free test prep help Whitepines 5 1,249 12-22-2020, 11:45 PM
Last Post: jch
  Has your test center paid its rent? clep3705 5 1,079 11-09-2020, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dmjacobsen
  How to test out of Chinese? Pelican 9 1,127 07-09-2020, 12:05 PM
  Central FL Clep test center open Clepking100 0 604 05-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  CLEP test centers Lacedonia4 5 1,109 03-18-2020, 12:19 PM