Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting my degree plan with questions, would appreciate advice, thanks
I am grateful to CGaboury, I copied his plan format to create my own, attached.

this plan shows what Tesu sent in my Academic Evaluation
except for notes/questions 1-4 which I would appreciate feedback on please

1. Public Speaking / AcaEval put this in Liberal Studies lower level but I moved it here to cover Speech requirement - ok?
2. Cultural & Global Problems / AcaEval put this in GE Elective but I moved it to Information Literacy - ok
3. Comparative Religion / AcaEval put this in GE Electives, I moved it to lower level Liberal Studies - ok?
4. Principles of Marketing / took this after the AcaEval … any chance this could be used for UL requirement? 300 level.

and if I am on the right track above, is it true that for my remaining GE and Free Electives, I can basically take any course I choose?

thanks to everyone. I've spent a lot of time on this forum and it has been extremely helpful.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Plan to submit to DegreeForum.xlsx (Size: 61.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
JFH Wrote:I am grateful to CGaboury, I copied his plan format to create my own, attached.

this plan shows what Tesu sent in my Academic Evaluation
except for notes/questions 1-4 which I would appreciate feedback on please

1. Public Speaking / AcaEval put this in Liberal Studies lower level but I moved it here to cover Speech requirement - ok? - YES, just ask them to move it
2. Cultural & Global Problems / AcaEval put this in GE Elective but I moved it to Information Literacy - ok - Prob no; you need to ask them about this specifically, seems more like a Diversity course than Info Lit
3. Comparative Religion / AcaEval put this in GE Electives, I moved it to lower level Liberal Studies - ok? - YES, just ask them to move it
4. Principles of Marketing / took this after the AcaEval … any chance this could be used for UL requirement? 300 level. - No, because it's not in the AOS

and if I am on the right track above, is it true that for my remaining GE and Free Electives, I can basically take any course I choose?

thanks to everyone. I've spent a lot of time on this forum and it has been extremely helpful.

It's actually my plan, just so you know. I created it for CGaboury.

Regarding UL credits, TESU is different than COSC - COSC says you have to have 30cr of UL, throughout the degree plan. TESU ONLY requires 18cr of UL in the BALS AOS - so having UL courses in the Gen Eds or Free Electives doesn't matter.

The plan looks good - I would contact TESU about moving the courses around sooner rather than later, and you can do it via email or phone. I prefer phone, they can do it right then and you'll know it's done correctly as you talk them through it.

The Cultural Problems course most likely won't fit into Info Lit, they're pretty specific on that requirement (and it's a kooky one). But World Religions will fulfill this requirement, so you might want to see if Comparative Religion will fit there, and then move the Cultural Problems course down to the AOS in it's place. If not, for whatever reason (again, a kooky list of ways to fulfill this requirement), then just take the World Religions DSST/SL/Study.com course and be done with it - you're already familiar with the material so it should be really easy for you to pass that one.

If you need recommendations on which courses will be easiest to get into the AOS as UL, we can help with that too.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
thanks so much DFrecore. I was hoping you would respond. (and thank you for the excel template : )
Really appreciate your response/info. Had to take a work break to see if you had responded.

do you know if TESU will et me ask questions about the AcaEval if I have not actually enrolled? if so, I will call them asap.

and, just confirming, the missing credits in my GE Electives and Free Electives can be any course I want to take?

I will get back with what I'm thinking for UL and for the "any courses" after work to get your advice on that - thanks for offering.
I would still appreciate answers to the questions from my previous post on this thread,
but I am anxious to get your response to this:

I need 3 UL courses/tests for Liberal Studies ... I have come up with this list of options...are there others?
in your opinion, which are the 5 easiest on this list (I realize "easiest" is relative, and that cost is an issue with some)

DSST Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Substance Abuse SOS-303
DSST A History of the Vietnam War (44) HIS351
DSST History of the Soviet Union HIS386
DSST Money and Banking (48) ECO322
DSST Organizational Behavior PSY361
TECEP Abnormal Psychology PSY350
Straighterline Business Communication COM-300
Ed4Online Abnormal Psychology PSY-350
Ed4Online Aging and Society SOC-379
Study.com Social Psychology PSY-370
Study.com Abnormal Psychology PSY-350

I feel like I might be posting this in the wrong area ... if so, would be happy to move it.
JFH Wrote:thanks so much DFrecore. I was hoping you would respond. (and thank you for the excel template : )
Really appreciate your response/info. Had to take a work break to see if you had responded.

do you know if TESU will et me ask questions about the AcaEval if I have not actually enrolled? if so, I will call them asap. - I would definitely call about this, I think they will respond since you're discussing your Academic Eval with them

and, just confirming, the missing credits in my GE Electives and Free Electives can be any course I want to take? - Gen Eds are very specific; Here's the link: Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After Free Electives are just about any course.

I will get back with what I'm thinking for UL and for the "any courses" after work to get your advice on that - thanks for offering.

You're welcome for the spreadsheet.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
JFH Wrote:I would still appreciate answers to the questions from my previous post on this thread,
but I am anxious to get your response to this:

I need 3 UL courses/tests for Liberal Studies ... I have come up with this list of options...are there others?
in your opinion, which are the 5 easiest on this list (I realize "easiest" is relative, and that cost is an issue with some)

DSST Drug and Alcohol Abuse/Substance Abuse SOS-303
DSST A History of the Vietnam War (44) HIS351 - also Study.com
DSST History of the Soviet Union HIS386
DSST Money and Banking (48) ECO322
DSST Organizational Behavior PSY361 - also Study.com
TECEP Abnormal Psychology PSY350 - also Study.com
Straighterline Business Communication COM-300
Ed4Online Abnormal Psychology PSY-350 - also Study.com
Ed4Online Aging and Society SOC-379
Study.com Social Psychology PSY-370
Study.com Abnormal Psychology PSY-350

I feel like I might be posting this in the wrong area ... if so, would be happy to move it.

Here are some additional ones that TESU will count as UL:

DSST
Management Info Systems (CIS-301)
Fund. of Cybersecurity (CIS-344)

TECEP
Managerial Comm (MAN-373) but this is considered an UL COM course
Marketing Comm (MAR-321) but this is considered an UL COM course
Negotiations & Conflict Management (NEG-401) - I would see if this will fit if you're interested

Study.com
Microbiology (BIO-351)
Pathophysiology (BIO-316)
Research Methods in Psych (PSY-322)

I would say that the "easiest" courses are ones in which you have an interest in, and also some that overlap with others - so 3 COM courses, or 3 Psych courses, where you'll be studying a lot of the same material will make subsequent courses easier. Also ones from the same provider will probably be easier, just because you start to get the hang of the way they present the material and what they look for with exams.
thank you again for this.
I was going over the key info you gave me for GE Electives. The page says "Select from any course listed in A, B, C or D"
must the courses/tests I do be "exactly" those or can they be similar/in the same vein?
JFH Wrote:thank you again for this.
I was going over the key info you gave me for GE Electives. The page says "Select from any course listed in A, B, C or D"
must the courses/tests I do be "exactly" those or can they be similar/in the same vein?

In general, in the Gen Ed area, that's a list of TESU courses that they offer, so it's got to be something that would be listed there if they offered it. For instance, Quantitative Literacy has all of the math courses they offer, but if you take another math course, you should be fine (as long as it's not a developmental level course). They will be fairly strict about Info Lit, and Diversity, but very flexible in the Knowledge of Human Cultures and Gen Ed Electives.

For the Core/AOS, you should always get courses pre-approved if you want to take something that isn't similar to their list. Many of us on this forum will be able to help, but it's not 100%, so if there is any question, always check with us and TESU before shelling out money to take a course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,822 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,988 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,622 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,946 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,939 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,704 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem