Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential New Courses - Need Your Feedback
Hi All,
It's been a while since I posted last. We, Ed4Credit.com, are thinking about adding some new courses. 
Here is a list of the courses we are considering. Please give me your input. 
Thanks, 
Tricia  Smile

1. German 1
2. German 2
3. French 1
4. French 2
5. Educational Psychology
6. Cybersecurity
7. Music Appreciation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ed4Credit's post:
  • alab21
More Language Offerings! Woohoo! Anyways...
I would recommend doing it in a different order... This is my preference...
Since there are a few Spanish providers, I think you're on the right track with French/German

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
6. Educational Psychology
7. Music Appreciation
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Ed4Credit
(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings!  Woohoo! Anyways...
Since there are a few Spanish providers, I think you're on the right track with French/German

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation

Thanks! We will take them all through ACE credit recommendation at the same time. We are currently creating the language courses with Rosetta Stone and hope to get them recommended for 4 credits. Wink Tricia
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ed4Credit's post:
  • Muldoon
CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

There are cheaper options for educational psychology, and most people don't need this course. There are several options for cybersecurity. Music appreciation is another course that most people don't need because they have a large selection of other humanities courses to meet general education requirements.

People could really use biology II with lab.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Ed4Credit
I'm very intrigued by the German language courses - especially if you're partnering with Rosetta Stone. I used RS several years ago for learning German and I'd be curious to see what that would look like as an official college course! I would love to be fluent in German someday so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for those courses!

I also think the Music Appreciation class would be amazing. As someone who loves music and wants to work in that industry, I was so sad to see that there was almost no music courses available through alternative credit. That would have been a class I would have jumped on in a heartbeat!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 2 users Like TexasTink's post:
  • Ed4Credit, Oulton1
(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings!  Woohoo! Anyways...

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation
Can you provide me if there is a fee to register ? Do you get accreditation?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: More Language Offerings! Woohoo! Anyways...

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation

What are you targeting the cyber security course to come into TESU/COSC as? Hopefully not duplicating the free TEEX courses.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes alab21's post:
  • Ed4Credit
(04-16-2019, 03:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

There are cheaper options for educational psychology, and most people don't need this course. There are several options for cybersecurity. Music appreciation is another course that most people don't need because they have a large selection of other humanities courses to meet general education requirements.

Hi Sanantone, thanks for the suggestions. Any other courses you would suggest? Tricia
(04-16-2019, 04:01 PM)Ed4Credit Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: CLEP covers lower level French and German, and there are a lot of free websites, videos, and apps that teach languages. There are also a few other language exams that are worth ACE credit.

Hi Sanantone, thanks for the suggestions. Any other courses you would suggest? Tricia
Data structures, upper level history classes, and upper level English classes.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • ConqueringCollege, Ed4Credit, Muldoon
(04-16-2019, 03:59 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:

1. French 1
2. French 2
3. Cybersecurity
4. German 1
5. German 2
7. Music Appreciation
Can you provide me if there is a fee to register ? Do you get accreditation?

Hi bjcheung77, We are just now looking at what courses to create. Yes, there is a fee. Our courses are $195 and the language courses will be $260. This is a long process and it could take us 6-8 months to get these ready for students. Once we have them created we have to go through the accreditation process and that takes a few more months. I'll keep you posted as we move forward. Tricia

(04-16-2019, 03:53 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I'm very intrigued by the German language courses - especially if you're partnering with Rosetta Stone.  I used RS several years ago for learning German and I'd be curious to see what that would look like as an official college course!  I would love to be fluent in German someday so I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for those courses!

I also think the Music Appreciation class would be amazing.  As someone who loves music and wants to work in that industry, I was so sad to see that there was almost no music courses available through alternative credit.  That would have been a class I would have jumped on in a heartbeat!

Hi TexasTink, Thanks for your input! Tricia  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 390 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,782 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,807 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 412 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,813 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM