Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practice Tests Available For Civ. War?
What made it harder was, on my test, the sparknotes were of little help. Very little of what was covered in the sparknotes was on my test, and the topics that were, were much more detailed in terms of the types of questions. Instantcert seemed to help, but the most help was the textbook. I think I passed, but I think I would have been better prepared with a split of 75% textbook and 25% instantcert for this exam.
RBOWMAN Wrote:I ordered the rudman civil war text..cost $47.00 what with rush shipping and all. so, when you see an expense like that for a one or two week prep..wowo, you can't help but, think of some sort of an exchange program that would enhance this site. Just a thought!

I agree with you on the cost factors and such but it's also better than sitting in a classroom for 3 months too.....
Iam currently in two classroom settings for 8-10 hrs a week and I dread the days I go. The costs of the books for study guides have proven to be very minimal up until the upper level courses. I fear failing anyone of these courses so Iam willing to try supplemental guides rather than just rely on instantcert. I count on it to be my main source, yet I have come to realize that like any study tool it needs to be augmented. The Dantes tests for me have been more challenging and more concerning overall. I have really come to rely on this type of "sharing" of ideas, web sites, and tips, that this setting provides. It Wink sure beats the classroom and the price ain't bad either!!
Trajan Wrote:What made it harder was, on my test, the sparknotes were of little help. Very little of what was covered in the sparknotes was on my test, and the topics that were, were much more detailed in terms of the types of questions. Instantcert seemed to help, but the most help was the textbook. I think I passed, but I think I would have been better prepared with a split of 75% textbook and 25% instantcert for this exam.

Thanks for the information. I don't have the text you suggest - Ordeal by Fire I think - but I do have Don't Know Much About the Civil War on CD, that was recommended by someone else. Dissapointing to hear about SparkNotes, I won't focus on them this week. I think I'll stick to InstaCert and my book on CD. I'm taking my test Friday so I guess I'll just have to take my chances with what I have at this point. If you don't mind, post your score when you get it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 928 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 974 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,323 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,514 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 854 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Practice Test Scores Mom23boys 1 872 06-17-2019, 06:43 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,549 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,338 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Only two CLEP tests per day Jenniferinfl 6 1,833 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Am I ready for my CLEP tests? Jenniferinfl 21 3,786 01-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Last Post: quigongene