Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt CC: Discounted Credit Hours
I'm not sure that this is really that great of a deal, but Pratt CC in Kansas has $75 baseline credit hours for summer.  However, the fees appear to be $51 per credit hour in excess of that for a total of $128.

http://prattcc.edu/summer
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • indigoshuffle
Interesting. I didn't see anything useful, but there are some physics and chemistry courses. Not sure about the lab.
http://prattcc.edu/sites/default/files/p...hedule.pdf
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Is this even a real school?

"See below for exclusice Summer 2020 tuition rates for our service area, state of kansas and beyond!"

Um, what?
(06-29-2020, 09:34 PM)monchevy Wrote: Is this even a real school?

"See below for exclusice Summer 2020 tuition rates for our service area, state of kansas and beyond!"

Um, what?

It's regionally accredited.
(07-02-2020, 11:50 AM)Rustydroid Wrote:

Um, what?

It's regionally accredited.

That sentence sounds like it was written by a 5-year-old, and it's actually on their website. Doesn't say anything good about the quality of the education one might receive there.

Um, what?

It's a community college. Here I'll break it down for you:

Our service area: our local community in which we serve

State of Kansas: Anyone in the state of Kansas is welcome

Beyond: Everyone is welcome

Clearly exclusice is a typo. MANY colleges and universities have typos on their websites. Mere mortals are the ones keying in the information. It happens. I've seen typos on big name universities. Didn't stop anyone from attending an Ivy League university. Yup even Cornell has had a few typos on their website. It happens.
(07-02-2020, 12:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Um, what?

Clearly exclusice is a typo. MANY colleges and universities have typos on their websites. Mere mortals are the ones keying in the information. It happens. I've seen typos on big name universities. Didn't stop anyone from attending an Ivy League university. Yup even Cornell has had a few typos on their website. It happens.

I mean, yeah. Everyone makes typos in casual communications. But that sentence has two typos and is not structured properly. All in one sentence. Mere mortals are keying them in, but you don't let something go live on your consumer-facing website, especially if you're an education website, without having it checked by a proofreader. Which I happen to be. For education websites. 

It's just a bad look. While having a 1990s website design is usually a matter of financial resources, accuracy in your copy isn't. The quality of the information on your site reflects the quality of the education. I don't think that's really a controversial statement to make on a forum devoted to education.  Huh
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • LongRoad, rachel83az
Eh it's a community college. Proofreading isn't what it once was.
(07-02-2020, 01:19 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Eh it's a community college. Proofreading isn't what it once was.

Tell me about it... imagine spending nearly 40 years in a profession where no one thinks what you do is important!  Sad
(07-02-2020, 12:56 PM)monchevy Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 12:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Um, what?

I mean, yeah. Everyone makes typos in casual communications. But that sentence has two typos and is not structured properly. All in one sentence. Mere mortals are keying them in, but you don't let something go live on your consumer-facing website, especially if you're an education website, without having it checked by a proofreader. Which I happen to be. For education websites. 

It's just a bad look. While having a 1990s website design is usually a matter of financial resources, accuracy in your copy isn't. The quality of the information on your site reflects the quality of the education. I don't think that's really a controversial statement to make on a forum devoted to education.  Huh

You obviously haven't spent much time on college websites!  Worse than typos, is trying to find key info - like what tuition is.  I've had a heck of a time figuring that out on MANY school sites.  Second - what courses are required for each degree.  It's like pulling teeth at some places to find out what the degree consists of.  I would say that maybe 50% of sites are bad, and 75% are terrible.  I've seen very few that are good, and none that are excellent.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,204 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  TAMUC Free 3 Credit Course Winter Mini Term Tedium 10 2,026 12-17-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: RbxFunRocks
  Free non-credit classes from COSC rachel83az 2 922 06-29-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free non-credit certificates rachel83az 0 972 06-29-2022, 01:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FREE - Microsoft Build - May get discounted software later (YMMV) bjcheung77 3 1,302 05-03-2022, 06:33 PM
  FREE 1-credit online Clackamas CC Intro To Library Research Course - RA and Graded! ctcarl 30 7,528 04-01-2022, 12:22 PM
  Free Spanish course (no credit) rachel83az 4 1,184 03-27-2022, 01:22 PM
  $332/$432 for 6 grad hours: UT-Rio Grande Valley freeloader 2 1,113 02-18-2022, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Free Oracle Cloud Certification until Feb 28. Credit transfer? asianphd 1 957 02-05-2022, 09:43 AM
  free 7 credit course gams007 10 2,269 01-06-2022, 12:57 PM