Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for my Molly
My prayers are with Molly for strength. Keeping positive thoughts in the forefront.
alleycat Wrote:Oh LaceyLady so sorry to hear about your cat. So sorry.
We do become very attached to our little furry friends don't we. My pets are family. They are always there for you no matter how your day goes. They are remarkable. We lost one of our horses last winter/spring. It was very difficult on us. He was lucky he lived a very long time. He was a rescue also, off of a race track. They were culling and I took him in. He was a very, very good boy. When our cat Clarice (17) passed away due to kidney failure, I actually found myself pulling into the shelter just to take a look. I found Olivia. My daughters thought it was a complete betrayal to Clarice that I would consider adopting so quickly. But I said to them " Clarice would want another orphaned animal to have a chance at a half decent life just like she had". The girls ended up agreeing and Olivia was picked up the next day. Olivia passed away last spring due to congestive heart failure. She was only 4. It was congential.

Once again LaceyLady I am so sorry for the lose of your beloved cat. So sorry.
Thank you for your prayers for my girl Molly. They are felt.

Thank you alleycat. Yes we do become attached to our pets. That was the first pet I ever had. She was a stray cat that we felt sorry for and took in. We had her for about 5 1/2 years, we estimate she would be near 6 years old, as we found her when she was an older kitten.

I hope Molly is doing well.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
LaceyLady Wrote:Thank you alleycat. Yes we do become attached to our pets. That was the first pet I ever had. She was a stray cat that we felt sorry for and took in. We had her for about 5 1/2 years, we estimate she would be near 6 years old, as we found her when she was an older kitten.

Thanks again. So sorry to hear that she was your first pet. That is even harder on you. Consider adopting or taking in another stray. There are so many homeless animals out there that just need a little love, food and shelter.
Four million cats and dogs—about one every eight seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Thanks again. So sorry to hear that she was your first pet. That is even harder on you. Consider adopting or taking in another stray. There are so many homeless animals out there that just need a little love, food and shelter.
Four million cats and dogs—about one every eight seconds—are put down in U.S. shelters each year.

Actually, another stray cat (also an older kitten) came to us a few months ago and we have been taking care of her as well, so we already have taken in another cat. No other animal will replace the cat we lost, but it is still nice to have a cat. And it is nice to give a homeless animal a home. We felt sorry for her when we saw her, as we had for our first cat.

It is sad that so many animals don't have homes and that so many are put down in shelters.

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
LaceyLady Wrote:Thank you alleycat. Yes we do become attached to our pets. That was the first pet I ever had. She was a stray cat that we felt sorry for and took in. We had her for about 5 1/2 years, we estimate she would be near 6 years old, as we found her when she was an older kitten.

I had to bring Molly back in. She is having a terrible time with her medication. She is not eating. The meds are kicking her pretty bad. She has lost 4 lbs. She doesn't need any sort weight lose. I can tell her stomach is bothering her. Hopefully the new meds will work for her and also allow her to eat and function normally. It is just along process.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Hopefully the vet will give her some food paste (food in a tube). After surgery our dog wouldn't eat and the vet said that we could get food paste. It sounded too medicinal. However after 2 days of not eating, (we tried everything) we finally broke down and gave him food paste and wow - he loved it. The vet said to dab it on his muzzle and he would lick it off. We were smearing that stuff all over him and after two days I had it on my finger and he licked it off. We couldn't believe it. We're still laughing about that 20 yrs later. All that smearing and he would have eaten it off our finger. Sometimes they just need a little encouragement and the food paste did the trick.
I have some Storygirl. I actually made her eggs last night with cheese in them and placed it all over her muzzle. She was licking it off. Hopefully the new meds will be less stress on her stomach. She just does not feel well at all.

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
I am sorry to hear that she is not feeling well. I hope the new medication will help. I am praying that she recovers quickly.

CLEP:

DSST:

TECEP:

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]
alleycat Wrote:I had to bring Molly back in. She is having a terrible time with her medication. She is not eating. The meds are kicking her pretty bad. She has lost 4 lbs. She doesn't need any sort weight lose. I can tell her stomach is bothering her. Hopefully the new meds will work for her and also allow her to eat and function normally. It is just along process.

I'm sorry to hear that Molly isn't doing well with the medication. I hope she can start eating again soon. I'll be sending continued prayers for her and your family!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Awww... I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope the new meds work. She's in our prayers.
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornado Prayers... ShotoJuku 3 1,051 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Last Post: P00057870
  Prayers please Lindagerr 18 2,388 01-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Popcorn