Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precalculus. Commencement is SOON
Hello!!
I am retaking precalculus on SL for the 3rd time. I have until July 1st to submit my grade to graduate. I have lost hope. 
Any advice?

Straighterline users. Helpppp!!
How close were you the first 2 attempts on SL?
Does it need to be precalculus?
Did you take College algebra? Did you struggle with algebra?
What about scheduling a CLEP as a hail Mary?

Where specifically are you going wrong? Not understanding? Trying to rush through too fast?
What topics are you having issues with? Maybe the platform or course set-up isn't working for you?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I would probably try some other options: see if you can take the CLEP now, Study.com has MAT 103: Precalculus, ALEKS has Precalculus. Not sure what else to tell you, since you don't have much time to learn the material another way (like Khan Academy).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If graduating is that important to you and you have the money just schedule a clep. They have a special right now where if you bought a clep in 2019 you can get 50% off.

ALEKS has precalc, study.com has precalc. Or if you don't have to do precalc pick an easier math.
What degree and school? Maybe there's an alternate to PreCalc. I would try both CLEP and ALEKS. You could try them both in the next week. If you can get through and pass the initial pretest for ALEKS, you can be done. As I recall, you get as much time as you want to work on ALEKS, which might help a lot.

ALEKS Trig might work, too, if that would be easier for you.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Is it the trig or the algebra aspect that gives you trouble?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-26-2019, 12:34 PM)Whenyousee20 Wrote: ... I have until July 1st to submit my grade to graduate. I have lost hope. ...

Hold it! Are we talking about TESU? If so, you have more time than this. 

For TESU, go ahead and apply for graduation before July 1 whether you finish this course or not. As long as you get the course in by mid August or so, you can still graduate in September. Yes, yes, I know the website says you need to have everything done before you apply for graduation, but it lies. If they do your initial degree audit and notify you that you don't have all your credits, simply reply with the info that you're almost done with Precalc. Once you get it done, send it in and notify the graduation office.

The absolute worst that can happen is that you don't get it done, and they roll you over to December graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • Leedeedee, Sapientes
Hello Everyone,

This is with STRAIGHTERLINE.
I've given up.
(06-27-2019, 01:12 PM)Whenyousee20 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I've given up.

Every one understands that it was with STRAIGHTERLINE, we were offering more options to you. You didn't say what the problem was so we can't really do much else. 
If you've already learned a fair bit from SL, you may be able to test out of precalculus using a CLEP or ALEKs. If you're not learning and just rushing through the course multiple times, hoping for a better grade, then you have to SLOW down and make sure you learn the material before taking the final. Schoolyourself and Khan are great sources to get extra help learning the material and there are many other free/cheap sources as well. If you tell us the problem, we can help you find a way to move forward. 

Don't give up! Worst case scenario, you may have to take some extra time to finish the course.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Whenyousee20 Wrote:Hello Everyone,

I've given up.

Hello Whenyousee20, good job! Give up with StraighterLine as it's not your cup of tea. So, you still haven't told us if this is for TESU or another college/university and which program this is for. Which school? What degree? Is it a Business degree, a Liberal Arts? What are the alternatives? Have you spoken with an academic advisor on alternative courses?

There are alternatives, don't keep us in the dark without any details... and lastly, as Davewill mentioned, you can apply for graduation now, and finish the course/send in the transcript while they're doing the auditing, you haven't lost hope in graduating on time, you just don't know how to strike that course out and complete it. Give us more details...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]