Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premed / science prerequisites
Hey guys. Thanks to this site im taking my last class at tesu to graduate in jan (capstone) which now has me looking for the prerequisites i would need for the physical therapy programs i am looking at. They all ask for a letter grade  and for the institution to be RA so i will be retaking some classes. (7 p’s but i tried). They also state none can be introductory classes. If anyone has expirience on what exactly qualifies an introductory class please let me know. Im still not sure if it is just 101 classes, any 100 class, or any class that states it is an intro class. i hope this info helps others as i didnt see a lot of these options on here when discussing premed. I wanted to see if anyone had any expirience with these options. Most of the schools i looked at require : anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 with labs, biology 1 and 2, chemistry 1 and 2 with labs, English comp, physics 1 and 2 with labs, 2 psychology courses, and a statistics class. Heres what i have found which i think might be better alternatives to une. All transfer a letter grade from a RA school. 
Number 1 is tel learning which i is around 260 a class with lab
Tel learning :chemistry 1 w/lab, Principles of psychology
Next is westcott which i thick is around 500 a class
Westcott :english composition , Intro to statistics and probability, General biology w/lab, Human anatomy w/lab, Human ,physiology w/lab, Principles of chemistry w/lab, Introduction to psychology
Then portage at about 6-800 a class
Portage: Essential biology 1 w/lab, Essential biology 2 w/lab, Essential human anatomy and physiology 1 w/lab, Essential human anatomy and physiology 2 w/lab, Essential microbiology w/lab, General chemistry 1 w/lab, General chemistry 2 w/lab, Foundations of general chemistry w/lab, Biochemistry (missing lab), Physics, Statistics, General psychology , Developmental psychology, Abnormal psychology , English comp 1
Then what wasnt available would be done on une.
If anybody has ANY experience on why these might not work please reach out. And if you are looking for this these seem like the best options. They are selfpaced, transfer from an RA school with a letter grade. What do you guys think? 

Next
Forgot to mention, showing you work in some type of health capacity (they gave examples of physical therapy assistant or athletic trainer) satisfy’s the a & p courses. I plan to get my personal trainer cert again. Runs 600 dollars.
Westcott is $525 for English Comp. That's a lot! I would either do TEL Learning or ASU EA for that. TEL Learning, as you've seen, is only $200 and ASU EA is $25 + $400 if you like your grade and want to add it to your transcript. Yes, it is a letter grade at ASU. English Comp II at ASU isn't self-paced but English Comp I is. https://ea.asu.edu/courses/ You could probably find Statistics for less at a community college, too.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Here's a recent previous thread you might want to take a look at for inexpensive sciences at the community colleges mentioned:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...se-options?  And here's another post, pre-med can be done at Logan University: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid310835
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Don't forget to check community colleges in your state. Some are very inexpensive for residents.
Thank you for the responses. Update i spoke to registrar at one of the schools. the athletic trainer waiver only applies if you have already previously taken a&p I and II.  Tel has more classes that qualify. I will take what i can at tel, then wescott, then portage, then une. As these are the lowest cost self paced RA letter grade transcripts i could find, approved by atleast 1 of the programs im looking into.
Please let us know how your experience goes with TEL learning! A lot of us are very curious about the experience.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ms data science for 15k Imbanewbie 15 1,597 04-16-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Phd in environmental science myopenledger 2 218 03-27-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  German University of Digital Science (100% online, non-profit) Voldigoad 11 1,781 02-15-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MS Data Analytics vs MS Data Science smartdegree 10 1,380 11-27-2023, 05:22 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Indiana University MS Data Science - $12,500 total cost Yanji 12 3,025 10-20-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Masters Data Science LivingLog 43 7,435 10-20-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,639 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,774 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 9 2,135 05-10-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Master (Propio) in Data Science from Complutense University Madrid smartdegree 5 1,242 03-12-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Kab