Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management CLEP
I am taking (maybe Wink) Principles of Management on Wednesday. I am scared of taking another test because I failed two in a row (US History I and II). I have taken two of the Petersons tests and got 65% and 66%. On the College Board test I got 59% on the first half. When I went to take the second half, I got 23 questions into it and only had 7 correct!!! I don't know what the deal was. I also feel like I know the IC material well and am using the Comex along with it. Any tips or encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated!

I only need 50% to pass.
Completed:
6 - Analyz. and Interp. Literature (56)
3 - Principles of Management (63)
3 - Principles of Marketing (55)
3 - Information Systems and Computer Applications (50)
I am scheduled to take the test tomorrow so will post another reply about this time tomorrow evening letting you know what I think of the test. I feel I am under prepared for this test but my wife sat the test 2 weeks ago and ended up with a 74. If I get anything less than that she will remind me for a long time to come.

The wife used IC and the REA book and felt that the test was reasonably easy. I am hoping it is because I haven't been able to spend the time preparing that maybe I should have.

Anyway, I will post again tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

Best of luck

Regards
Ron

Excelsior-BS Operations Management

Completed:
[SIZE="1"]Excelsior Courses - 4 - 3 "A"s and 1 "P" - 10 Credits (3 UL)
CLEP Exams - 14 - 14 "P"s - 57 Credits
DANTES Exams - 5 - 5 "A"s - 15 Credits (3 UL)
APICS Exams - 5 - 5 "P"s - 15 Credits (12 UL)
Certiport (MOS+IC3) - 8 - 8 "P"s - 8 Credits
[/SIZE]
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing how the test goes. Best of luck to you!
Completed:
cpstudent Wrote:I am taking (maybe Wink) Principles of Management on Wednesday. I am scared of taking another test because I failed two in a row (US History I and II). I have taken two of the Petersons tests and got 65% and 66%. On the College Board test I got 59% on the first half. When I went to take the second half, I got 23 questions into it and only had 7 correct!!! I don't know what the deal was. I also feel like I know the IC material well and am using the Comex along with it. Any tips or encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated!

I only need 50% to pass.

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Slow and Steady Wins the Race!!

NEVER NEVER NEVER test before you're ready!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
cpstudent Wrote:I am taking (maybe Wink) Principles of Management on Wednesday. I am scared of taking another test because I failed two in a row (US History I and II). I have taken two of the Petersons tests and got 65% and 66%. On the College Board test I got 59% on the first half. When I went to take the second half, I got 23 questions into it and only had 7 correct!!! I don't know what the deal was. I also feel like I know the IC material well and am using the Comex along with it. Any tips or encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated!

I only need 50% to pass.

I took it on Friday (Jan. 19th) and using IC only, scored a 64. Should be a breeze for you!
cp,

Well I promised a report on how I went and what I thought of the test so here it is.

First off I passed with a score of 70 and like many that have posted before me I didn't think the test was that difficult. But having said that, you are the one that has to feel comfortable. I sat the Statistics test right before sitting the Management test knowing that I wasn't well prepared for either. I passed both but felt the extra anxiety of being under prepared and it really didn't feel good nor do I believe does it help one to perform at one's best. So my advice to you is to make sure you feel confident in your preparation before proceeding.

Now onto the test (or at least the version of it I sat today).

I felt there were at least 10 to 15 questions where two options were correct and it wasn't always easy to determine which one was the most correct. If you know the material well this shouldn't be a problem.

There seemed to be a Human Resource Management bias to the questions with quite a number of questions in that area.

Make sure you know the major names behind management theories and what they are known for e.g; Frederick Taylor - Scientific Management; Max Weber - bureaucracy etc

Other than that all I can say is when you feel confident the time will be right.

Best of luck

Regards
Ron

Excelsior-BS Operations Management

Completed:
[SIZE="1"]Excelsior Courses - 4 - 3 "A"s and 1 "P" - 10 Credits (3 UL)
CLEP Exams - 14 - 14 "P"s - 57 Credits
DANTES Exams - 5 - 5 "A"s - 15 Credits (3 UL)
APICS Exams - 5 - 5 "P"s - 15 Credits (12 UL)
Certiport (MOS+IC3) - 8 - 8 "P"s - 8 Credits
[/SIZE]
I think I'm going to take the test this afternoon. I have scored over 60% on five practice tests, and am getting 0-3 wrong on each IC section for Management. I feel I am ready now.

Thanks for the tips and I will let you know as to how it goes!
Completed:
cpstudent Wrote:I think I'm going to take the test this afternoon.

[SIZE="6"]GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
Thanks for all the help guys! I passed the test today with 63%! Good luck to all others that take this exam.

I used the Comex study guide along with IC. The combination worked great for me. I think that you could pass just fine using only IC. If I can do it ANYONE can!
Completed:
cpstudent Wrote:Thanks for all the help guys! I passed the test today with 63%! Good luck to all others that take this exam.

I used the Comex study guide along with IC. The combination worked great for me. I think that you could pass just fine using only IC. If I can do it ANYONE can!

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]
Congrats and good advice!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,437 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 587 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 507 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 484 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,041 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,658 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,847 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,242 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 973 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac