Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Management CLEP vs Sophia for EU
I know that Sophia's Principles of Management comes in as UL credit for Excelsior. Does anyone know if the Principles of Management CLEP will also come in as UL? I heard that the CLEP is one of the easiest tests, and while the Sophia milestones are quick and easy, it does have a touchstone. I am just trying to figure out which one would work best.
Excelsior doesn't publish CLEP equivalencies, but I don't think they bring in any CLEPs as ULs. If you need UL credit, I'd definitely go with Sophia. The single Touchstone looks fairly straightforward, which can't always be said of their Touchstones.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
EU generally goes by ACE recommendations, and that's not ACE-recommended as UL. So I'm going with Sophia.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you. I will go with Sophia as that seems to be a simple way to get UL credits.
Actually, be careful and cautious, it depends on what your needs are, Sophia.org generally is all lower level for most schools and only have a few that are UL for specific schools.  Here's the list for Excelsior, if you later decide to go to another school such as TESU/UMPI then these will change, you will notice that some extremely easy intro courses come in as UL such as the "intro to Web Development".  Link: https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So Sophia also has 2 other courses that EU brings in as UL though ACE says they are LL.

IT*371 Web Design and Development
IT*370 Database Management Systems
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-07-2022, 01:53 PM)LevelUP Wrote: So Sophia also has 2 other courses that EU brings in as UL though ACE says they are LL.

IT*371 Web Design and Development
IT*370 Database Management Systems

I think that EU gives them those course numbers, but still considers them LL (they are weird that way - they're not like TESU whose course equivalency numbers are solid in giving you the info you need to make decisions up front).

I would double-check prior to taking these to EU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Any way to confirm this? I need 3 UL credits for EU and dont want to spend 199 for 1 class at study.com
(09-15-2022, 03:06 PM)new2this Wrote: Any way to confirm this? I need 3 UL credits for EU and dont want to spend 199 for 1 class at study.com

If you need UL Arts & Sciences, it won't work. Otherwise, the Sophia URL shared earlier in the thread shows the official equivalencies.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-15-2022, 03:06 PM)new2this Wrote: Any way to confirm this? I need 3 UL credits for EU and dont want to spend 199 for 1 class at study.com

I'll repeat what I said here, actually, I'll just link you: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid377530
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Conflict Resolution Haykay 5 1,684 08-06-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there anything else I could fill in with Sophia? Vle045 9 2,061 07-16-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,081 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,367 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,387 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
  Excelsior Admissions: Clep/Exam Timing & Campus Requirement for International Student shoron 2 731 01-25-2023, 04:58 PM
  General Management & Humanities option for EC Ins0mnia 2 679 08-05-2022, 12:09 AM
  Principles of Finance at EC - DSST? UExcel? other? BarleyWhine 4 1,267 05-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Last Post: BarleyWhine
  sophia learning easiest courses without essays TZEMU36444 19 5,957 02-05-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Excelsior Project Management Equalivalency jamar410 3 956 01-22-2022, 05:22 PM