Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Procrastination at its finest...
I have a final exam tomorrow evening and a capstone paper to write, due by the end of the week. Have I studied for or written much on either one this weekend?

Goodness, no! A lot of things had to be done. Since Friday evening, I have...
...posted more this weekend than I have in some time,
...cleaned my house until it gleams, including the gutters outside, closets inside, and every surface I could reach (and then some),
...organized my own closet, putting Summer clothes away since the weather seems to have finally made up its mind,
...planned my son's birthday party in February,
...searched for other people's classes as well as my own,
...purchased the last of the Christmas gifts, including the distant relatives I only ever send cards to, and
...put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house.

What is my problem? Last weekend, I was a homework-doing demon and knocked out the last two weeks' worth of assignments in one day. This weekend? ...I just thought of something else that needs to be done. I keep sitting down with every intention of writing on that paper, or studying hard for the exam tomorrow, but, well. You know.

Someone slap me. I can't seem to snap myself out of it, and if I scrub something else, my hands will never be the same.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Cats are bathed, and the resulting war wounds are dressed. Cookies for the kiddo's school party are in the oven. On an up note, I opened the file for the capstone paper. It's a start.
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
You are a busy Mrs. B Smile

The way I get a lot of school work done is to neglect everything else. You should see my palm trees. The HOA is going to send me a letter any day, I just know it.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Well, your weekend sounds like mine, except I still have to get the gleaming surfaces. I have my parents coming in for their holiday visit a few days earlier than expected, so now we are going full steam to get done. I too have a paper due tomorrow and I haven't even started it. I have to do a good job on it, and I hope to have some time tomorrow to work on it. I better because it is due at midnight tomorrow night. I'm not sure how get you motivated, but I wanted you to know I'm in the same boat. I do find that as the clock ticks down I do get more focused! Maybe try setting your clocks ahead, then the panic will set in and you will get the much needed motivation!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
@ryoder: After taking care of the gutters yesterday afternoon, my husband caught me putting away the ladder and getting out the pruning shears and trash bags to tackle our landscaping that is in sore need of tackling. We live just a bit north of you, and everything is still growing. He made me put it all back and come in to start working on the paper. After showering to do just that, I realized my closet was out of control. I usually have no problem procrastinating on house work by doing school work. It just happens to be working in the opposite direction this weekend.

@marianne: I think it's the approaching holiday. I agree that as the clock ticks, from somewhere, the inner backside kick surfaces and it gets done. Maybe I'll give that clock reset a shot and see how it works out! Big Grin

The plan this weekend was to focus, get the paper well on its way to completion so I just had to put finishing touches on it later this week, and a bit of studying done for tomorrow's exam. All those things done this weekend were on the agenda for next weekend. At this rate, I won't have anything to do next weekend but sit on my backside. An attractive option in theory, but I'm physically incapable of doing that. Maybe the pruning will get done after all. And I've had the paint chips picked for painting the bedrooms for a few weeks, now. I wonder if the hubby and kiddo will mind sleeping in the living room while the paint dries.
- Arnold Fletcher Award

Except for the whole cleaning thing (what's with that?), I'm in the same boat. I signed up for some Penn Foster classes, and started really well. Then an issue with work came up, and I just can't seem to find the time for the classes. Good luck.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:Except for the whole cleaning thing (what's with that?), I'm in the same boat. I signed up for some Penn Foster classes, and started really well. Then an issue with work came up, and I just can't seem to find the time for the classes. Good luck.

The cleaning thing is because I ran out of other things to do to avoid doing what I should have been doing in the first place. But! The exam is out of the way as of tonight, and I think I did decent. Now for that paper...

I definitely know what you're talking about with PF courses being easy to disrupt. Without specific due dates on the assignments, they're so easy to put off for another day. I have one of those sitting on the corner of my desk, too, waiting for me to pay attention to it. I keep asking it to just write itself (it's Business & Tech. Writing), but the thing won't cooperate. If only it worked that way.

Good luck to you, too!
- Arnold Fletcher Award

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Else Have a Problem with Procrastination? LevelUP 17 2,123 03-04-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Alpha