Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Procrastination help.. thank you
(09-23-2020, 04:51 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: SL is Straighterline.

I do like their platform, I took quite a few courses through them including English Composition II.

I'd say difficulty was medium but easy to follow guidelines/rubrics.

I certainly enjoyed reading Shelley's Frankenstein.

I didn't want their Eng Comp II because I've read that book a few times for high school and honors English in college. I don't like the book. LOL so I went with Sophia. I'm in the home stretch. My biggest is problem is that I am over the gen eds and writing about topics I don't care about. I just want the mea and potatoes part of the degree not the bread, carrots, and peas...LOL

I will say the Sophia Eng Comp II course is soooooooo much better than taking it at a university and having to do even more writing and read books. I keep telling myself that is the alternative. Yeah no thanks. Just keep plugging away.

UMPI: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors - Graduating Spring 2021

Community College: AS Individual Studies
Community College: AAS Business Administration

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Statistics, Human Biology
I was familiar with the book too, that is also what made it easier to analyze and write an essay about. I like the book though, so maybe that makes a difference on how you like the course or not.
(09-23-2020, 01:13 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I was familiar with the book too, that is also what made it easier to analyze and write an essay about. I like the book though, so maybe that makes a difference on how you like the course or not.

Sometimes in life we just have to eat the frog! Smile

UMPI: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors - Graduating Spring 2021

Community College: AS Individual Studies
Community College: AAS Business Administration

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Statistics, Human Biology
(09-23-2020, 01:24 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 01:13 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I was familiar with the book too, that is also what made it easier to analyze and write an essay about. I like the book though, so maybe that makes a difference on how you like the course or not.

Sometimes in life we just have to eat the frog! Smile

I needed to hear that everyday!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tlm's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-22-2020, 05:00 PM)cyndigee Wrote: oh wow.. I cannot even imagine how infuriating Eng Comp 2 us if I cannot even get through Eng Comp 1!!!  Sad 

I think there is more writing in Sophia Eng I than II...I just have the last essay to write in II and I'm donezo.
Thankfully I took AP in high school so I have never had to deal with English Comp classes. I hate even the idea of taking them!

For all of your other woes, I agree with Lacedonia, I like StraighterLines format; I’m taking Algebra among other classes through them. This is the first time in my life I’ve ever had higher than a C in any math class. I know math is a weakness of mine so I do actually take notes and spend way more time than the average person here does on SL, but I’ve also just put my membership on pause a few times cause I got burnt out/life got in the way. Came back, reviewed my notes and kept going.

As far as procrastination advice, the way I do it, especially if you’re taking multiple classes at once, is dedicate one day to a certain class, then the next day to another class....just set yourself goals and then don’t go to bed until you’ve completed your weekly goal for that class. When I sit down, I throw on some music to jam to to keep me energized/motivated and just stick with it for as long as possible.

I’m technically technically 10 years in the making on a bachelors degree, so I know all about procrastination! Once you get going and see your progress, you’ll find you actually want to complete things.