Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proctored exam with Sophia courses?
Just saw all the posts about Sophia’s free courses. I have 43 credits through CLEP, 6 through Study.com, and 3 through Aleks. I can’t find anything on Sophia’s website about a proctored final exam and transferring the credit to ACE website. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
The exams on Sophia are monitored with biometrics (matching typing patterns in this case). No web cam or live proctor needed.

To get the sophia courses on your ACE transcript
1. complete the sophia course. at end of the final "milestone" (exam), there is one more button to hit on the screen.
2. create an ACE account if you don't have one already. this link should get your there to the "create an account". https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main
3. login to ACE account at that same link, follow the instructions and drop down menus to add a course to your transcript that appear after you login. Pick Sophia for the organization, and then the course options will show up. and put in the complete date.
4. wait a few days (or less in some cases) and check back on your ACE account.

If you're wanting to see the ACE recommendations for each Sophia course, try here http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1008113

and others may have the info to how a specific college may transfer those in.

Is the kind of information you were looking for?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Cammilynn
Proctoring is done on the background through checking your keystrokes. Transferring is the same as study.com. Just take the course, get over 70% overall, go to the ACE website and add it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • Cammilynn
Final is not protected nor does it count to your final grade. However, you must make at least 50% on the final exam to pass the course.

If you haven't averaged 70% or more on the course before the final, you already failed and it doesn't matter what you get on the final. You will then need to reset the entire course after 30 days.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Cammilynn
(06-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Just saw all the posts about Sophia’s free courses. I have 43 credits through CLEP, 6 through Study.com, and 3 through Aleks. I can’t find anything on Sophia’s website about a proctored final exam and transferring the credit to ACE website. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

All Sophia exams utilize biometric proctoring.  They ask you to type a sentence or two and they compare your keystroke data to be sure that the individual who completed the course is the same person taking the exam.

This is nothing like RPNow, ProctorFU, or Software Secure.  No one will ask to view your webcam, take control of or view anything on your computer.  It is completely non-invasive.  You simply complete the course and, when you're ready, take the exam.

Transferring credit to ACE is very fast, simple, and non-invasive.  You create an account on ACENet (there's a one-time $20 fee), then log in, click on "Course Search", then "Organization Name".  Type in "Sophia", and the field will be populated with "Sophia Learning LLC".  Click the red "search" button, and select the course you have completed.  A box containing a description of the course will pop up, and at the bottom will be a "Add to Transcript" button.  Click that, and you will be prompted to enter the date you completed the course.  The easiest way to do that is to select the tiny calendar icon and click on the date.  Once you have the correct date highlighted, click "Submit for Review".  

ACE will confirm the course completion with Sophia.  You can check in a day or so later, you'll see your "Pending Approval" courses and your "Approved" courses in separate sections.  Once you have completed all your courses, ACE will send a free transcript to your college at your request.  You may as well wait until all your ACE-approved courses are confirmed, otherwise, you'll have to pay $15 for additional transcripts.

It's all very straightforward.  That's one of the main things that appealed to me about Sophia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • Cammilynn
From Sophia's website:

WHAT IS THE FINAL MILESTONE?
Upon successful completion of all Challenges and Milestones, you will be ready to take the Final Milestone. We use keystroke analytics to verify your identity before taking the exam. A score of 50% or higher is needed to pass the Final Milestone and complete your course.​ Like the Unit Milestones, the Final Milestone counts toward your overall score.

They do not have proctors like other alternative credit sources where you pay a fee and the proctor unlocks your final. The final at Sophia is right in your course without a proctor. You are tested on your typing biometrics throughout the course and this includes the final exam which is the final milestone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cammilynn
Wow!! You guys are Awesome!! Everything I needed to know. I just signed up for environmental science. Do not like the platform, but I’m going to suck it up and get through it. Can’t be picky when it’s free. I’ll update when I’m done.

Ok, I think I spoke to soon. I actually like the setup. Finished challenge 3. Now studying for the first milestone.

(06-02-2020, 04:03 PM)P226mem Wrote: The exams on Sophia are monitored with biometrics (matching typing patterns in this case). No web cam or live proctor needed.

To get the sophia courses on your ACE transcript
1. complete the sophia course. at end of the final "milestone" (exam), there is one more button to hit on the screen.
2. create an ACE account if you don't have one already. this link should get your there to the "create an account". https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main
3. login to ACE account at that same link, follow the instructions and drop down menus to add a course to your transcript that appear after you login. Pick Sophia for the organization, and then the course options will show up. and put in the complete date.
4. wait a few days (or less in some cases) and check back on your ACE account.

If you're wanting to see the ACE recommendations for each Sophia course, try here http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1008113

and others may have the info to how a specific college may transfer those in.

Is the kind of information you were looking for?

Thank you

(06-02-2020, 04:05 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Proctoring is done on the background through checking your keystrokes. Transferring is the same as study.com. Just take the course, get over 70% overall, go to the ACE website and add it.

Thank you

(06-02-2020, 04:08 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Final is not protected nor does it count to your final grade. However, you must make at least 50% on the final exam to pass the course.

If you haven't averaged 70% or more on the course before the final, you already failed and it doesn't matter what you get on the final. You will then need to reset the entire course after 30 days.

Thank You

(06-02-2020, 04:32 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Wow!! You guys are Awesome!! Everything I needed to know. I just signed up for environmental science. Do not like the platform, but I’m going to suck it up and get through it. Can’t be picky when it’s free. I’ll update when I’m done.

I'm taking Environmental Science through Sophia. I'm halfway through the course. It's not bad. Much better platform than onlinedegree.com which had 45 minute videos and the questions didn't match the videos at all. Sophia is all open book for the milestones too which is nice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cammilynn
(06-02-2020, 09:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 04:32 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: Wow!! You guys are Awesome!! Everything I needed to know. I just signed up for environmental science. Do not like the platform, but I’m going to suck it up and get through it. Can’t be picky when it’s free. I’ll update when I’m done.

I'm taking Environmental Science through Sophia. I'm halfway through the course. It's not bad. Much better platform than onlinedegree.com which had 45 minute videos and the questions didn't match the videos at all. Sophia is all open book for the milestones too which is nice.

I’m about to take my first milestone. I actually spoke to soon saying I didn’t like the platform. Now that I’m into it, I do like it. Thanks for the heads up on onlinedegree.com. Good luck with the rest of your course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,519 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 390 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,777 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,807 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,882 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,975 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet