Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production/Operations Management and Business Policy advice for Excelsior
skwiggey Wrote:This is weird. My unofficial eval. says I am missing Productions/Op management, but makes no mention of Business Policy. I am curious if they gave me credit or it is an error.

If it is any consolation, my unofficial evaluation was off the mark so I called an advisor at Excelsior. They told me that there are things about an unofficial evaluation that they don't even look into; such as "Did I take a class that qualifies as Information Literacy?"... They pretty much said that the unnofficial evaluations are ballpark estimates.
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
Kiwi... I just discovered that I had a private message inbox. :p

I replied to your message.

Check your messagesSmile

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

auminer49r Wrote:If it is any consolation, my unofficial evaluation was off the mark so I called an advisor at Excelsior. They told me that there are things about an unofficial evaluation that they don't even look into; such as "Did I take a class that qualifies as Information Literacy?"... They pretty much said that the unnofficial evaluations are ballpark estimates.
Aha! Turns out it wans't a mistake. 1 less class to take, I am excited! I had taken a Strategic Planning course from Heriot-Watt that counted as Business Policy.
Previous Credits:
Traditional 57
CLEP English w/essay 6
Heriot-Watt MBA 7 Modules + 1 Tenative Compensatory Pass

IC Study Credits:
Info. Systems & Comp Apps. CLEP 68
Principles of Marketing CLEP 79
Principles of Management CLEP 73
Working On B.S. Marketing from Excelsior & finishing MBA from Heriot-Watt
Total Credits to Date: 86
skwiggey Wrote:Aha! Turns out it wans't a mistake. 1 less class to take, I am excited! I had taken a Strategic Planning course from Heriot-Watt that counted as Business Policy.

Very Nice. I wasn't so fortunate with my Critical Thinking: Strategies in Decision Making class.

...even though "Strategies in Decision Making" is a far cry from Strategic Management. I was hoping to slide that one under the radar.

Good for you!!!Big Grin

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

auminer49r,

What have you decided about the Business Policy Class? Did you decide to give the CSU class a try?
PCCLEP Wrote:auminer49r,

What have you decided about the Business Policy Class? Did you decide to give the CSU class a try?

Well, yes and no...

I registered for the course, bought the book, and received the syllabus. Then after reading the syllabus, I realized that the class was going to be too long and hard. The requirements were overkill. In fact, they extended the 6 month deadline for completing the course to 1 year. Meanwhile, I was picking Kiwi Lover's brain about the TECEP test.
Kiwi Lover explained that the TECEP test was "doable" and that I could learn the material during the 1 month registration period.

So, I dropped the CSU-Pueblo course and am scheduled to take the TECEP test on June 27.
I think that I made the right decision by taking the Production/Operations Management course through CSU-Pueblo and by registering for the TECEP Business Policy test. But then again... I haven't passed the Business Policy test yet. :o

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

auminer49r Wrote:Well, yes and no...

I registered for the course, bought the book, and received the syllabus. Then after reading the syllabus, I realized that the class was going to be too long and hard. The requirements were overkill. In fact, they extended the 6 month deadline for completing the course to 1 year. Meanwhile, I was picking Kiwi Lover's brain about the TECEP test.
Kiwi Lover explained that the TECEP test was "doable" and that I could learn the material during the 1 month registration period.

So, I dropped the CSU-Pueblo course and am scheduled to take the TECEP test on June 27.
I think that I made the right decision by taking the Production/Operations Management course through CSU-Pueblo and by registering for the TECEP Business Policy test. But then again... I haven't passed the Business Policy test yet. :o

Of course, we're all pulling for you on this one. :-)
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Gang,
Sorry, but can you summarize this thread?

What I'm reading is that the course for the Op Mgmt is a good way to go e.g. better than the TECEP
The course for the Business Cap isn't the way to go, and TECEP is the best option available at the moment

As I'm living in Holland and trying to find the best way to do exams without flying all over the place, the Pueblo option seems really interesting to me. I think I will sign up for the Op Mgmt course very soon...
ridin8ude Wrote:Gang,
Sorry, but can you summarize this thread?

What I'm reading is that the course for the Op Mgmt is a good way to go e.g. better than the TECEP
The course for the Business Cap isn't the way to go, and TECEP is the best option available at the moment

As I'm living in Holland and trying to find the best way to do exams without flying all over the place, the Pueblo option seems really interesting to me. I think I will sign up for the Op Mgmt course very soon...

Hi ridin8ude,

Just FYI: The guy who teaches the Pueblo course is currently on a month-long furlough. He will not be back until at least July 26th. So you might want to wait until then to enroll.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
ridn8ude, check your private messages. I just left you one regarding what Snazzlefrag just said.

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,682 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,512 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,153 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,830 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,172 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,925 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Test Out Business Degree plan Bk2Skool 13 4,696 07-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,293 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun