Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professional License and courses evaulation for college credit @ Thomas Edison
I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Life/Health Insurance agent in the state of Indiana. I need an additional 27 credits for a Ba in Social Science based on my Thomas Edison eval. I would like to have my professional licenses evaluated for college credit, but I don't understand the process. My state is not listed with ACE, and I am unsure how I go about getting the state to particpate in the process.

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.
Hello Awgood,

I am a Registered Nurse in the state of NJ and PA. All you have to do is send TESC a copy of your license, they do the rest. I am not sure how many credits they will give you

Here is a TESC link that might help you:

Thomas Edison State College: Licenses & Certifications

Here's the specific Licenses/Certifications they give credit for.

Thomas Edison State College: Licenses & Certifications

Like I was saying... I was given credit (and actually had to have proof of my RN license to complete the BSN program). I am pretty sure there is a person on one of the TESC graduation videos that had a similar background/goal that you have. I don't know her name, but if she is an alumni, and listed on the TESC Alumni page, she might be a good reference for you. I am sorry, but I don't recall her name. She had more of an administrative background and simply needed the BA to advance, so I know it can be done. When are you looking to start TESC?

If you have already applied and are not in a rush to start in April, you might be wise to talk to an advisor in your department or make an advisement appointment to discuss your transcript/graduation requirements.

Best of Luck!
Tara

awgood Wrote:I am a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and Life/Health Insurance agent in the state of Indiana. I need an additional 27 credits for a Ba in Social Science based on my Thomas Edison eval. I would like to have my professional licenses evaluated for college credit, but I don't understand the process. My state is not listed with ACE, and I am unsure how I go about getting the state to particpate in the process.

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,368 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,058 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,041 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,053 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,813 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,453 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,638 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999