Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others?
I have landed a job offer for an entry-level project management role and I'm looking to get up to speed with project management fundamentals (i.e., practical knowledge).

I know there's the ENEB Masters of Project Management. The paper degree and possibility of being recognized as a higher-level credential in the US seems like a nice plus. I'm well aware that it's a perfectly valid degree option but I'm worried the material might not be as up to par as more popular options (e.g., the Google Career certificates and Brick&Mortar PM training). I probably wouldn't be adding any acquired credential to my resume as they aren't recognized in Canada by any of the academic evaluators for public sector workers.

I know there's also the Google Career Certificate in Project Management. It seems to get rave reviews because it's a well laid-out course. I can't get it for free through the American Dream Academy as I'm not an American citizen or green card holder.

Brick and mortar wise, there is a college called Okanagan college in Canada that offers a 138-hour Project Management Certificate that serves as one of the pre-reqs for the Certified Associate in Project Management exam. It costs $4681 CAD (~$3624 USD). I'm inclined to say no to investing that much for now as I'm not sure I'd be interested in project management as a future career.

I would imagine both to roughly be in the ballpark of $250 USD, and I'm not too sure of other popular options. I'm not too keen on doing a full BA/BSBM degree with a project management focus, as pointed out to me through advice by other kind users on this forum, but to extend my existing knowledge and get up to speed quickly/learn as I go.

My question is: Did you find the ENEB Project Management modules to be particularly helpful, or were they too theoretical? Would you have any thoughts on whether one option might be better for another?
If you've already landed the job, and don't have any PM experience, won't the company just train you? I'm not sure why you'd need any outside training. A lot of what needs to be done is a) training on the software you'll be using; and b) training on their internal processes.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It seems that there are quite a few choices involved.  Which specific cert do you want?  Then you can figure out where to get it.
Top 5 Project Management Certifications (2022) | ClickUp Blog
After consulting with a friend from India, we figured out that there was a clear bit of price discrimination going on. The Google certificates cost 3545 INR (~$44 USD) for 6 months if you subscribe with an Indian VPN. The certificates cost $14 USD/month elsewhere in the global south (e.g., Brazil, Argentina, the Philippines, South Africa). India is the only country that receives discounts (i.e. the 6 month certificate option is actually 50% off, and the 3 month certificate option is actually 33% off). You only need the VPN to add the product to cart, you can disable it once you're checking out and use a credit card (ideally with no Forex fee). I used a US Credit Card with no issue (though if this is ever fixed in the future, you might need an Indian friend to sign up for you with their digital wallet).

I also found out that people who complete the Google certificate get a discount for the PMI CAPM exam, which is neat. This made the Google certificate a fairly straightforward choice since this is still 80% less than the price of ENEB (and the ~$150 USD promos for ENEB seem to be long gone anyways).
[-] The following 1 user Likes JPN's post:
  • Pikachu
Wow, that's a good find! I think that will benefit the community for using the Coursera/Google certs and getting them at a discounted price. For people who want to learn the basics, the Coursera/Google option is great, I took the ENEB for extra learning not a resume booster, I like that investment as it didn't break the bank for me compared to a traditional MBA.  And... I just read your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid367110

If you want and have the energy, money, time, you might do all 3 things I usually recommend, certs, degree, experience.  By going for the Coursera/Google certs, that would give you entry level knowledge, supplement that with some extra prep with ENEB, and go for the MSITM as it will add the CAPM certification within the tuition, all that will give you a better ROI/Value and it will hit the Masters you were looking at for around the $4500 USD mark!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JPN
(07-03-2022, 02:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, that's a good find! I think that will benefit the community for using the Coursera/Google certs and getting them at a discounted price. For people who want to learn the basics, the Coursera/Google option is great, I took the ENEB for extra learning not a resume booster, I like that investment as it didn't break the bank for me compared to a traditional MBA.  And... I just read your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid367110

If you want and have the energy, money, time, you might do all 3 things I usually recommend, certs, degree, experience.  By going for the Coursera/Google certs, that would give you entry level knowledge, supplement that with some extra prep with ENEB, and go for the MSITM as it will add the CAPM certification within the tuition, all that will give you a better ROI/Value and it will hit the Masters you were looking at for around the $4500 USD mark!

I am starting my ENEB Master's in Project Management now. It was only a couple hundred dollars with a Groupon. I am curious if others found it to be sufficient preparation to sit successfully for the PMI PMP exam?
Veg Wrote:I am starting my ENEB Master's in Project Management now. It was only a couple hundred dollars with a Groupon. I am curious if others found it to be sufficient preparation to sit successfully for the PMI PMP exam?

I haven't taken the PMI PMP exam nor the ENEB Project Management Masters. I've read through the PMI PMP Practice and the BOK freebies I had access to before. I don't think the ENEB Project Management will touch up on every topic, it's going to prepare you, but to a certain point, I would take some extra practice exams along with several other resources as good measure...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
As someone who is a PM and has a PMP, for basics go for the google certificate. You can use that course to then apply for the PMI PMP. The PMP is very very different than 'normal' project management.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
Practical knowledge is key, and I found that real-world case studies and hands-on exercises helped me the most.
I did the ENEB Project Management course. I haven't taken the PMI PMP exam but I did just look at a mock exam for it. The questions actually look similar to stuff either in the ENEB materials, or tested on the ENEB mock quizzes.

I'd pick literally any option, finish the course, then just go review practice questions like at this site: https://www.simplilearn.com/pmp-sample-q...nd_answers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,585 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB got overloaded due to Red Friday sale! bjcheung77 9 1,614 06-14-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Google IT Support vs IBM IT Support ss20ts 0 1,081 06-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,537 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,037 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google IT support from Coursera qualify ACE credit Imbanewbie 74 19,184 01-30-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Tammy Sellers
  College majors (again) and career training... bjcheung77 2 579 11-13-2022, 10:44 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BrightBytes acquired by Google! bjcheung77 0 586 10-15-2022, 07:28 PM