Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud parent
(Warning. Mom bragging about kids could be terribly boring.)

Just got the call from my son-in-law that he sat his journeyman electrician test this afternoon and PASSED! I am so proud of him. He has been studying every night after work for many month's now. We all know what that's like. Now that he has accomplished this and has proved to himself that he can teach himself I am going to try and talk him into going for his BA by exams also. I need to wait a couple of weeks though. Pretty sure he doesnt' want to even think about studying for awhile. hilarious

And my other son just received Guardsman of the Quarter at his air force base. Right on!

Pretty great kids.

So does anyone else have some great kids?!
Kate
BS Psychology
Librevore Wrote:(Warning. Mom bragging about kids could be terribly boring.)

Just got the call from my son-in-law that he sat his journeyman electrician test this afternoon and PASSED! I am so proud of him. He has been studying every night after work for many month's now. We all know what that's like. Now that he has accomplished this and has proved to himself that he can teach himself I am going to try and talk him into going for his BA by exams also. I need to wait a couple of weeks though. Pretty sure he doesnt' want to even think about studying for awhile. hilarious

And my other son just received Guardsman of the Quarter at his air force base. Right on!

Pretty great kids.

Kate,

That is SO great!! On both counts! I would be a proud Mama too! My husband sat his journeyman electrician's test many years ago, so I know how HARD your son must have worked to get that. Good for him!

You obviously raised your boys well... Wink

JoAnne
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Librevore Wrote:(Warning. Mom bragging about kids could be terribly boring.)

Pretty great kids.

Hi Kate-
Congratulations go out to both your boys and you, too. You raised them well. I hope you are able to convince your son-in-law about credit by exam. He has already proven he has the capabilities. And I'm willing to bet that some of the CLEP and Dantes are easier than the exam he just took and passed.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree