Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychical Campus ACE/NCCRS credits
I was wondering if anyone knew about any college with physical campuses that are accepting of CLEP and ACE/NCCRS credits? If someone wanted to earn a degree on a physical campus but had a some prior credits from those sources. I know there is the ACE and NCCRS lookup but those don't guarantee anything. Anyone got any recommendations? Schools in the midwest are preferred. Looking for schools that only need 30 credits on campus and the rest to be transferred.
(05-08-2019, 05:18 PM)natshar Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew about any college with psychical campuses that are accepting of CLEP and ACE/NCCRS credits? If someone wanted to earn a degree on a physical campus but had a some prior credits from those sources. I know there is the ACE and NCCRS lookup but those don't guarantee anything. Anyone got any recommendations? Schools in the midwest are preferred. Looking for schools that only need 30 credits on campus and the rest to be transferred.

Physical... not psychical. 
All you have to do is call the college or look on their website. There are many schools, too many to list.
https://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/A...tions.aspx

Many schools will not tell you outright because their job is to get you to spend money.

There is Charter Oaks, TESU, WGU (kind of) and Excelsior; they take lots of CLEP, ACE and NCCRS.
The ACE list was redone with more current information on which schools are willing to accept ACE. You still might be able to find schools that accept ACE even though they aren't listed as partners. I've found a few in Texas, and I wasn't even doing a statewide search. I just searched the policies of the schools of interest. NCCRS has a list of partner colleges, but I'm not sure if it's up to date.

Thousands of schools accept CLEP, and a smaller number accept DSST.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(05-08-2019, 05:18 PM)natshar Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew about any college with psychical campuses that are accepting of CLEP and ACE/NCCRS credits? If someone wanted to earn a degree on a physical campus but had a some prior credits from those sources. I know there is the ACE and NCCRS lookup but those don't guarantee anything. Anyone got any recommendations? Schools in the midwest are preferred. Looking for schools that only need 30 credits on campus and the rest to be transferred.

Check out Upper Iowa University- they have online and on campus, tons of alternative credits accepted and reciprocal state relationships that give you in-state tuition. You can transfer in 90 credits (planned perfectly) and do your last year online or on campus.
CLEP - WAY too many schools to list. There are thousands. All of the CC's and CSU's in CA accept CLEP to varying degrees - so that's 113 + 23 campuses right there. So far, almost every campus I've looked at with my son takes CLEP - Texas A&M, Penn State, Univ of Iowa, U of Colorado, USD - the list goes on and on. We've looked at dozens, and all but 1 (the Naval Academy) will take CLEP.

ACE will be a much smaller list.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
@dan.g in the thread linked below just finished their BBA at Baker College with a bunch of ACE credits:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-or-TESU

I couldn't find their exact policy, but @dan.g transferred in 54 SL and 9 ALEKS credits, so they take over 60.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 93 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,348 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 3,883 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded