Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychology Degree Plan Help
I've been lurking this forum and there's so much great information here. I'm getting overwhelmed actually creating a degree plan though. I have a little over 30 college credits.

The goal is a Bachelor's in Psychology. I would like to take advantage of the free sophia courses to start and then branch off into the other options. I'm leaning towards Charter Oak but I am flexible. The main thing is to save time and money.

Here are my credits so far:
100  HISTORY Africa 1500- present          3 CREDITS
101  ACADEMIC LIFE & SKILLS                1 CREDIT
101  ENGLISH                                        3 CREDITS
100  GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY                   3 CREDITS
100  SPEECH                                          3 CREDITS
181  ART/Intro to sculpture                     2 CREDITS
110  GENERAL ASTRONOMY                    4 CREDITS
201  ENGLISH 2                                     3 CREDITS
400  DEVELOPMENTAL Psych                   3 CREDITS
123  American History                             3 CREDITS
126  CARIBBEAN HISTORY                      3 CREDITS
225  WOMENS HEALTH                           3 CREDITS
110  CRITICAL THINKING                        3 CREDITS

I'm having a hard time matching up the classes I will need. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
(04-16-2020, 01:42 PM)clj626 Wrote: I've been lurking this forum and there's so much great information here. I'm getting overwhelmed actually creating a degree plan though. I have a little over 30 college credits.

The goal is a Bachelor's in Psychology. I would like to take advantage of the free sophia courses to start and then branch off into the other options. I'm leaning towards Charter Oak but I am flexible. The main thing is to save time and money.

I'm having a hard time matching up the classes I will need. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Have you applied to Charter Oaks or TESU yet to see where the courses you already completed fit? If you do that it'll be a lot easier to find the courses you need at Sophia, Study.com, Straighterline, etc. But I will say since Sophia courses are free take all that won't duplicate so skip english, public speaking, and most likely general psychology.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • clj626
(04-16-2020, 02:01 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 01:42 PM)clj626 Wrote: I've been lurking this forum and there's so much great information here. I'm getting overwhelmed actually creating a degree plan though. I have a little over 30 college credits.

Have you  applied to Charter Oaks or TESU yet to see where the courses you already completed fit? If you do that it'll be a lot easier to find the courses you need at Sophia,  Study.com, Straighterline, etc. But I will say since Sophia courses are free take all that won't duplicate  so skip english, public speaking, and most likely general psychology.

I haven't applied yet. I'll try that. Thanks.
While you're waiting, you should get most if not all the Sophia.org courses done that don't duplicate your work. For example, if you haven't taken Visual Communications before, take it for a free elective/general education course, do check what Sophia.org offers and again, grab anything you can, set the date to start 3 months from now, work on one course at a time, if 3 months isn't enough before you start the course, you can change the start date 3 more months into the future.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • clj626
(04-16-2020, 02:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: While you're waiting, you should get most if not all the Sophia.org courses done that don't duplicate your work.  For example, if you haven't taken Visual Communications before, take it for a free elective/general education course, do check what Sophia.org offers and again, grab anything you can, set the date to start 3 months from now, work on one course at a time, if 3 months isn't enough before you start the course, you can change the start date 3 more months into the future.

Ok, thanks. Is there a reason you mentioned setting the start date for 3 months? Does it take that long typically to have my credits evaluated?
Hey, Yes, there is a reason why I typed that...

For example, some people can finish a course in a week, others take a few months due to some other commitments, and because there are about 25-30 courses, you might not be able to finish them all if you started them all on the same day.

Just in case, I tell people to work on 1 course at a time, then continue working on 1 course at a time but set the other courses they've registered for, to start 3 months later, you can start those anytime you're ready to, it doesn't have to be 3 months.

And in regards to evaluations, with the Coronavirus Pandemic, I would guess they can take about 21-28 days and not the usual 2 week time frame or less...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-16-2020, 03:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, Yes, there is a reason why I typed that...  

For example, some people can finish a course in a week, others take a few months due to some other commitments, and because there are about 25-30 courses, you might not be able to finish them all if you started them all on the same day.  

Just in case, I tell people to work on 1 course at a time, then continue working on 1 course at a time but set the other courses they've registered for, to start 3 months later, you can start those anytime you're ready to, it doesn't have to be 3 months.  

And in regards to evaluations, with the Coronavirus Pandemic, I would guess they can take about 21-28 days and not the usual 2 week time frame or less...

Ok, I see. Thanks again.
Choose your Sophia courses by priority, and get started right away. Do as many as you can by the deadline. Don't duplicate what you already have.

COSC's Psych degree is very doable via test out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-17-2020, 04:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Choose your Sophia courses by priority, and get started right away.  Do as many as you can by the deadline.  Don't duplicate what you already have.

COSC's Psych degree is very doable via test out.

Thanks for that feedback.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 580 9 hours ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,143 11 hours ago
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,894 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 186 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 190 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,102 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,289 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 470 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 170 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM