Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Credly Badge
I just signed up with Credly so I can get a transcript for my Sophia classes. I tried Parchment already and it was not accepted. In order to share a transcript via Credly, I must share at least one badge publicly.

I have no need to share a badge and I don't really use social media. Is there any way around this? 
I emailed Credly and I'm waiting for a response.  I really don't want to share my information with anyone accept the school I'm sending transcripts to.

Thanks in advance to anyone with insight!
I think you can make the badges private later?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-27-2021, 01:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think you can make the badges private later?

OK. That may be my only option. Thanks.
That requirement is pretty effed up. We're not here to serve as marketing agents for Credly. Nobody asked for Credly. We just got dumped onto them unceremoniously with a lot of transitional difficulties.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • scorpion
It is not about sharing via public media at all! 
You only need to make your profile visible and then send your transcript to whatever school you are about to send it.
That what they mean by "share". You cannot "share" your transcript with school/f it's private.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • MNomadic
(09-27-2021, 12:22 PM)clj626 Wrote: I just signed up with Credly so I can get a transcript for my Sophia classes. I tried Parchment already and it was not accepted. In order to share a transcript via Credly, I must share at least one badge publicly.

I have no need to share a badge and I don't really use social media. Is there any way around this? 
I emailed Credly and I'm waiting for a response.  I really don't want to share my information with anyone accept the school I'm sending transcripts to.

Thanks in advance to anyone with insight!

If you don't have a social media account, I'm not certain there's anyone to "share" with, so this is moot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My experience is that the badges you want to show up on your transcript have to be shared as *public* on the Credly website. I do not have any of my badges shared on social media and I have been able to send transcripts. When I send a transcript, the badges that are marked as *private* do not show up on my transcript. Open a badge on the Credly website >> then click the three dots in the upper right corner >> then *make badge public*.  (screenshot attached)

You can send yourself a transcript to see what it looks like and make sure that everything you want to show up is shared as public.

To send yourself a transcript just type *self* in the organization field.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 9.13.20 PM.jpg (Size: 67.32 KB / Downloads: 20)
This is the response I received from Credly. I don't understand why "Public means the badges are accessible to anyone to view and verify". I'd rather not have it appear in a Google search either, but at least now I'm more informed about the process.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Credly support. Public means the badges are accessible to anyone to view and verify. The badge and your profile will have to be public in order for you to send transcript and for the institution you're sharing your transcript with to view them. 

You can't be searched on our site, however, google does crawl the site, so it's possible the badges could appear in a Google search if someone is searching your name specifically. 

Credly is pleased to partner with ACE to bring you a seamless way to share your transcript with prospective learning institutions and organizations. 

Through Credly, you can send a consolidated, competency-based transcript that signifies the credit recommendation for whatever courses you took through an ACE approved provider.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/409925283

The process begins when you complete the course and the provider issues you a digital badge.  You must accept the badge and create an account.  If you are unsure of how to do that, please review How to Manage Your Digital Badge.

Note: If the training provider has not issued you a digital badge, you will need to work with them directly to have your badge issued before you can send a transcript.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 528 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 180 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 311 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Confused about Credly/ACE! yc1981 6 800 12-01-2023, 12:10 AM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,565 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 654 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM
  ACE Badge dillpickles 9 831 07-17-2023, 02:13 PM
  Is Sophia still using Credly? SCYankee 4 1,058 06-20-2023, 11:46 AM
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 2,488 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Google IT Badge revoked ReyMysterioso 5 2,141 01-29-2023, 07:50 AM
Last Post: LevelUP