Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue Global BSIT Degree or TESU BACS
(01-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Holmes Wrote: For the whole degree, the most difficult courses for me are the English Composition I and II, and the public speaking! I don't see why they are even required for a software engineer or developer. =) Really hate them.

Study.com Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace will still satisfy the oral communications requirement for TESU I believe. There is no public speaking and you can do that entire course in like 2 hours.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Holmes
(01-19-2021, 10:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Holmes Wrote:
But English compositions in general are a nightmare for me. =) I hate all sorts of writing. If I had to choose between the Network TECEP (and memorizing the whole 500-page textbook) and English composition; I would choose the Network.

I will wrestle with the composition I and II in Sophia, with no weekly deadlines it will be doable.

If you're a competent writer and typist, you could take the Comp I & II TECEP exams.  So much faster and easier than taking a course for sure.  I passed Comp 2 with zero study - just sat down and did the exam on the fly.

Well, I'm not.  Big Grin

(01-19-2021, 10:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Holmes Wrote: For the whole degree, the most difficult courses for me are the English Composition I and II, and the public speaking! I don't see why they are even required for a software engineer or developer. =) Really hate them.

Study.com Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace will still satisfy the oral communications requirement for TESU I believe.  There is no public speaking and you can do that entire course in like 2 hours.

I've read that too on this forum. But I remember that some one disputed that it will fit into the oral requirement. I have not investigate it yet though. If it is true, I'm happy to pay that extra $100 USD instead of recording a silly motivational video for Sophia's Public Speaking course.
I transferred in SDC's Comm 120 to fill my oral communications requirement back in June. It's possible that they've changed policies since then but I don't remember seeing anyone saying that it didn't work. It is possible that someone was told by an advisor that it wouldn't work but that's not the same thing at all. It sometimes feels like the advisors do little more than consult tea leaves before doling out advice.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Holmes
I transferred SDC Communications 120 in November, and it fulfilled the oral requirements.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • Holmes, rachel83az
(01-17-2021, 05:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: My husband enrolled at Purdue Global back in November. He was deciding between WGU and Purdue. He spoke to several managers and they all told him that he should go to Purdue. They don't care that it's the online school. It's Purdue. Period. They didn't know anything about Kaplan nor did hey care. They don't care about some whiney internet posts. Every school has whiney people post online. The diploma says Purdue University Global on it and that's what they care about. Every Purdue campus has their name on the degree. Purdue has several campuses not just the big fancy one in Indiana.

My husband has worked in IT over 25 years. He's in the Excel Track for the Analytics bachelor's degree. He completed 20 credits in 1 term which is 10 weeks. He has less than 80 credits left. He's glad he picked Purdue over WGU. He doesn't have to deal with proctors which is a HUGE bonus. 
How do they complete classes, if they don’t use proctors?
(02-02-2021, 10:59 PM)jay2020 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 05:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote: My husband enrolled at Purdue Global back in November. He was deciding between WGU and Purdue. He spoke to several managers and they all told him that he should go to Purdue. They don't care that it's the online school. It's Purdue. Period. They didn't know anything about Kaplan nor did hey care. They don't care about some whiney internet posts. Every school has whiney people post online. The diploma says Purdue University Global on it and that's what they care about. Every Purdue campus has their name on the degree. Purdue has several campuses not just the big fancy one in Indiana.

My husband has worked in IT over 25 years. He's in the Excel Track for the Analytics bachelor's degree. He completed 20 credits in 1 term which is 10 weeks. He has less than 80 credits left. He's glad he picked Purdue over WGU. He doesn't have to deal with proctors which is a HUGE bonus. 
How do they complete classes, if they don’t use proctors?

Most of their classes have papers or projects. Only a handful have exams. There's no need for a proctor with an exam. Many schools don't use them. Students still have to abide by the academic integrity policy the college has. If you're caught cheating in any way, you can be permanently expelled. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 3 101 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last Post: abriden
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,213 Yesterday, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,030 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 157 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 914 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 519 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  UMPI Psy Degree Help Priszilla 12 892 04-06-2024, 04:37 PM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,758 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,270 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Path to MSW with no degree and 52! BELEEMA 11 431 04-03-2024, 10:30 PM