Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edukan - $150/cr
Some may have forgotten about Edukan, but it's an online consortium of Kansas community colleges. Tuition is $150 per credit hour regardless of residency. Some of their science courses with labs are five credit hours each even though they're not on the quarter system.

https://edukan.edu/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jch, ROYISAGIRL
I forgot about them honestly. Thanks for the reminder.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

They're more expensive than Portage Learning/Geneva College (labs are included in the $198/cr cost), but cheaper than Logan University ($275/cr), and Doane University ($329/cr). The main downside (IMHO) is that you have to take them during a "term"; Portage and Doane are self-paced.

But it may be a good option for some for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-21-2021, 08:57 AM)dfrecore Wrote: They're more expensive than Portage Learning/Geneva College (labs are included in the $198/cr cost), but cheaper than Logan University ($275/cr), and Doane University ($329/cr).  The main downside (IMHO) is that you have to take them during a "term"; Portage and Doane are self-paced.

But it may be a good option for some for sure.

I haven't looked at the Portgage Learning website in a while. I see that they put "essential" in front of several of the biology courses. Looking at Geneva's catalog for their biology degree, I'm not sure if the Portgage courses are equivalent to biology courses for science majors. Nursing school applicants seem to be their target market, but TESU couldn't care less.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Does anyone know how the transcription works through Edukan? I see the information in the "more detail" regarding which course this transfers as depending to which of the community colleges inter network it is going. However, whom is the transcript coming from if it is just sent to Liberty University (example, and likely).

I am having trouble with the Portage Biology II w Lab transferring correctly to Liberty and afraid to take any more Portage Classes for this reason.