Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purdue University Global - IT - Excel Track
Lightbulb 
Hello all,

I recently came across this fourm while seeking ways to complete college courses quickly.  I found out about Straigherline & Study.com.
THANKS FOR THIS!

Ive been able to complete a few GenEd classes on StraighterLine & Ive enrolled into the Purdue University Global Undergrad IT ExcelTrack program.
The terms are 10 weeks long and you can complete as many "Compentancy Modules" as you can.

I havent been able to find any Undergrad student postings here, only Grad. Does anyone have any expirence with this school and the Undergrad excel program here?

I know they are formelly known as Kaplan & Im also aware of WGU - However, nothing agaisnt them but I dont want to become a WGU alum Smile

Im interested in starting an accountability thread here of some sort for this school. What do you guys think?

A little about me:
23 years old - 4.5 years of IT experence encompassing a broad amount of different technologies.

Certifications:
CISSP - Provisionally passed 7 August 2018
CASP
GCIA
CCNA R/S
Security+
ITILv3 Foundations

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Your call of course, but if you passed the CISSP I wouldn't worry about the Sec+.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • cyberjosh95
(09-04-2018, 05:25 PM)quigongene Wrote: Your call of course, but if you passed the CISSP I wouldn't worry about the Sec+.

Thats true. Sec+ was my first IT certification back when I was 18 years old. Will always hold a deep value in my heart. haha
My bad....thought that was a "working on" list. Keep us posted on your progress.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • cyberjosh95
(09-04-2018, 06:33 PM)quigongene Wrote: My bad....thought that was a "working on" list.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks! I will definitly do that!

Im done with certs for now until I knock out my degree in the next 8-10 months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cyberjosh95's post:
  • Life_One
I looked at the program as well, and while I think it's interesting, there seems to be a lot of controversy over the degree. Purdue main does not acknowledge the IT Excel track as their own. There are also two different accreditations one for Purdue and one for Purdue Global. I also have conflicting information on whether you are considered a real Alumni or not.

Have you dealt with any of these issues or found answers to them?

Not trying to rain on your parade, just curious what you have been able to work out.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
(09-04-2018, 07:15 PM)Life_One Wrote: I looked at the program as well, and while I think it's interesting, there seems to be a lot of controversy over the degree. Purdue main does not acknowledge the IT Excel track as their own. There are also two different accreditations one for Purdue and one for Purdue Global. I also have conflicting information on whether you are considered a real Alumni or not.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just curious what you have been able to work out.

Purdue main owns Purdue Global - However, yes they are seperate institutions and have seperate faculty and curriculum.

As far as accredidation- Purdue Global has its own regional accredidation which at the end of the day... is all that matter to me.

I think it would be worth it at the end of the day!
  • Life_One
(09-04-2018, 07:29 PM)cyberjosh95 Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:15 PM)Life_One Wrote: I looked at the program as well, and while I think it's interesting, there seems to be a lot of controversy over the degree. Purdue main does not acknowledge the IT Excel track as their own. There are also two different accreditations one for Purdue and one for Purdue Global. I also have conflicting information on whether you are considered a real Alumni or not.

Purdue main owns Purdue Global - However, yes they are seperate institutions and have seperate faculty and curriculum.

As far as accreditation- Purdue Global has its own regional accredidation which at the end of the day... is all that matter to me.

Glad to hear it! Please keep us posted. This could be a viable option for transfer students.

Which of your previous credits were accepted and did they give you credits for your certifications? I'm curious what your transfers look like.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • cyberjosh95
(09-04-2018, 11:29 PM)Life_One Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:29 PM)cyberjosh95 Wrote:

As far as accreditation- Purdue Global has its own regional accredidation which at the end of the day... is all that matter to me.

Glad to hear it! Please keep us posted. This could be a viable option for transfer students.

Which of your previous credits were accepted and did they give you credits for your certifications? I'm curious what your transfers look like.

They have me credits for all of my IT certifications & They are in the process of reviewing my ACE from Straighter Line.
Once all said and done, I should only have about 10-12 courses remaining.  

Here is a link to the certifications they accept along with the courses they align to:
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/transfer-st...ogy-exams/

Here is a link to the ACE credits they accept from StraighterLine/Study.com etc:
https://www.purdueglobal.edu/transfer-st...t-project/

They are willing to take up to 135/180 transfer credits which is extremely awesome.
  • Life_One
Class started this past Wednesday!

I had an issue with them at first to where they didnt accept my ACE transcript that had my StraighterLine courses. However, I found out that they do accept the transcripts directly from StraighterLine.

I have already completed one class:
- IT163 - Introduction to Databases using Access.
Consisted of a few writing assignments where I had to create forms, reports and query databases via SQL
I was done with the final assignment on Friday 9/21

The follwing class is in progress:
- IT 117 - Website Development.
I completed the first assignmet where I had to plan a website that I will be creating.

Waiting on my advisor to approve/register me for the final assignments/modules.
Hoping to be done with this class by Thursday 9/27.

At this rate I think I can complete 1 1/2 class per week.

Will continue to keep you guys posted.

Cheers,
Josh
[-] The following 3 users Like cyberjosh95's post:
  • davewill, Life_One, quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 242 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,319 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 270 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  For purdue global whats discrete mathematics like? purduestudent 2 201 02-26-2024, 04:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,687 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,502 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 653 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 353 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 761 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 47 6,934 01-10-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: bornsupercharged