Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting Plans together- Confused & Lost !
I remember when Jay Cross posted here. He was not ready.  Big Grin

How can he justify charging $500 for that?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • theoptimusm
Since new members are going to read this thread and not realize that Jay Cross has a past (you'd have to go back into the archives a few years) I wanted to share a thread from 2016 with some user's experiences with his company.

It's worth pointing out that his old price was only $150. Sorry to the guys that sent him $500. ;(

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...=Jay+Cross
(11-16-2018, 12:08 PM)sanantone Wrote: I remember when Jay Cross posted here. He was not ready.  Big Grin

I think the OP said he paid for the plan AND there were some other things he paid for that were included in that amount.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • theoptimusm
Hi, Original Poster, I was wondering, are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something? I checked out those documents again, and as I mentioned before, the plan is "workable" even though it's outdated. COSC/Excelsior plans haven't changed much (if any) in the last few years...

I also wanted to ask, are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior? Do you have a set budget? Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement? Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees? Members of this board rarely recommend the Big 3 for the Master's program because of cost - they're not cheap/easy/fast for their grad programs.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-16-2018, 06:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi, Original Poster, I was wondering, are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something?  I checked out those documents again, and as I mentioned before, the plan is "workable" even though it's outdated. COSC/Excelsior plans haven't changed much (if any) in the last few years...

I also wanted to ask, are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior?  Do you have a set budget?  Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement?  Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees?  Members of this board rarely recommend the Big 3 for the Master's program because of cost - they're not cheap/easy/fast for their grad programs.

I looked back through the thread, and never saw that the OP asked about the BSBA/MBA combo.  Where did that come into play?  What am I missing?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's listed as the target plan in the evaluation that was linked in the first post.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • theoptimusm
(11-16-2018, 09:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I think TESU and EC are roughly the same cost, it's just that EC requires more UL credits and a little higher math (precalc vs College Algebra).

If you list your credits here, I can make a FREE degree plan for you for TESU, and you can make the decision from there.

EDIT: Just looked at the degree plan, and it's terrible.  I'm sorry you spent money on that, I wish people knew that Jay Cross provides CRAP, but I'm glad you're here to get on track!

Wow!! Big Grin Thanks !! I've listed my earned credits below: 

Courses Credits                                                        Earned 
                                          ____________________________________________________________________      
                                                    Critical Writing 1                                                                3 
The Contemporary World                                                    3 
Analytical Reasoning                                                           3 
College Algebra & Trigonometry                                           4 
Business Environment                                                         3 
Thematic Writing & Speaking                                               3 
The African American Experience (History)                            3 
Calculus                                                                            4 
Speech Fundamentals                                                         3 
Personal Health                                                                  2 
Microcomputer Usage in Business                                         3 
General Psychology                                                            3 
Principles of Economics (MICRO)                                         3 
Elementary Statistics                                                          3 
Principles of Accounting 1                                                   3 
Intro to Management Info Systems                                      3 
Principles of Economics (MACRO)                                         3 
Business Communications                                                   3 
Basic Drawing & Composition                                              3 
Marketing Concepts                                                           3 
Management Concepts                                                       3 
Consumer Behavior                                                            3 
Selling & Sales Management                                               3 
Intro to Supply Chain Management                                      3 
Legal Environment of Business                                            3 
Public Speaking                                                                 3 
Intro to Transportation                                                       3 
Ideas & Their Expressions (ENGL)                                        3 
Business to Business Marketing                                            3 

________________________________________________________             
                                                                                                                                            Total 88

(11-16-2018, 11:39 PM)Merlin Wrote: It's listed as the target plan in the evaluation that was linked in the first post.

Thanks Merlin! Cool

(11-16-2018, 11:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 06:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi, Original Poster, I was wondering, are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something?  I checked out those documents again, and as I mentioned before, the plan is "workable" even though it's outdated. COSC/Excelsior plans haven't changed much (if any) in the last few years...

I also wanted to ask, are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior?  Do you have a set budget?  Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement?  Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees?  Members of this board rarely recommend the Big 3 for the Master's program because of cost - they're not cheap/easy/fast for their grad programs.

I looked back through the thread, and never saw that the OP asked about the BSBA/MBA combo.  Where did that come into play?  What am I missing?

Hey, thanks for the awesome questions! Hopefully, this makes things clear; sorry about that.

1. Are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something?  

2. Are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior?  
  3. Do you have a set budget?  Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement? 
  4. Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees?  

(11-16-2018, 11:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Hey, thanks for the awesome questions! Hopefully, this makes things clear; sorry about that.

1. Are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something?  
  • No, I am not 
  1. Are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior?  
  • At first yes but however, not now I am only focusing on a BSBA
  1. Do you have a set budget?  Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement? 
  • I do not have a set budget but not that you mention maybe I should plan for it and sadly I do not have tuition reimbursement with my job.
  1. Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees?  
  • I am not set on the school but am ready to do the time for a BSBA degree.

(11-16-2018, 03:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 12:08 PM)sanantone Wrote: I remember when Jay Cross posted here. He was not ready.  Big Grin

I think the OP said he paid for the plan AND there were some other things he paid for that were included in that amount.

Yes the program fee itself for Jay Cross was $300 then I paid for other things like school fees, transfers, and other costs.

Are you in a service person in the Army or Marines, Navy or something?  
 No, I am not 

Are you looking at a BSBA/MBA combo from Excelsior?  
At first yes but however, not now I am only focusing on a BSBA

Do you have a set budget?  Does your place of work offer tuition reimbursement? 
I do not have a set budget but not that you mention maybe I should plan for it and sadly I do not have tuition reimbursement with my job.

Are you set on the school and have exactly 1 to 2 years to work on both degrees?  
I am not set on the school but am ready to do the time for a BSBA degree.

(11-16-2018, 07:58 AM)theoptimusm Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 01:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote: How did you lose $500?

I need help putting together a plan and paid for a program called DIY Degree, run by a guy named Jay Cross. The purpose of his business is to make you a customized degree plan, then be available through email to answer any questions or help solve any issues you run into. However, once I got my degree plan and ebook that was the end of the support. Once, I paid for the program plus other outside cost and resources I had no degree and still struggled to figure out what time to take first and how to study. It's definitely not the fault of the program and that's why I am working hard to figure how to start and finish as a personal goal for this new years.  Thanks so much for being AWESOME and asking questions!

(11-15-2018, 01:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Welcome to the board.  Hmm...I am getting an error when I try to view the second file, it asks me to sign into Google and then gives me " You shall not pass" or something like that and restricts access to the file.  

1) Tests - Corresponding CLEP/DSST/UEXCEL exams for each course.
2) Total - 39 courses, 39 tests.  The capstone can't be tested out of.
3) The degree plan looks workable from the first link, is that your plan?

Now, if you want to get these done faster, I suggest the SL/Study.com combo.  My question is, are you set with Excelsior or are you open to another school, such as TESU?  The cost is over $6000 with Excelsior from the looks of that file, it may be a bit cheaper with TESU and you get an ACBSP accredited business degree, plus the "university name".

Thanks!!  Big Grin

I really appreciate the time and advice to answer my question. 
  • Could you tell me more about the SL/Study.com Combo and how it is beneficial?
  •  am not set with Excelsior and willing to look into TESU. How would I get started with the TESU process and where can I find a plan? Also is it possible to start the path of TESU journey in January?   Idea

(11-15-2018, 02:27 PM)AMRH94 Wrote: Do you currently have any credits?

BTW, welcome!

Hey!

I currently have about 60 credits   88 Credits (edit )  or more done. I trying to transfer to a college and try to finish a business degree within 1-2 years. 

Stay Awesome!

(11-15-2018, 03:43 PM)Merlin Wrote: FYI, I cleaned up the broken links so people can see the roadmap and degree plan PDF files properly.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about ECE's BSB to MBA program so I can't really offer any advice there. Excelsior isn't as popular a degree destination as TESU around here, so you may have some challenges with confirming exam equivalencies, etc. I'm sure one of the others will be better able to assist. Smile

Big Grin Thanks!

Would you recommend the TESU road over the ECE's path and why? I would love to hear your advice and experience with finishing the TESU path.

Stay Awesome!

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits Earned.pdf (Size: 28.11 KB / Downloads: 10)
You should PM me with what school you went to (unless you want to post it on the forum), and also add some important info to your pdf - course numbers from your school. It's much easier to evaluate when those are included.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • theoptimusm
(11-20-2018, 10:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You should PM me with what school you went to (unless you want to post it on the forum), and also add some important info to your pdf - course numbers from your school.  It's much easier to evaluate when those are included.

Okay Great! I'll get to work!
If it's not an issue, you can post a reply here so others may provide some interesting options to obtaining required credits for your BSBA. Mainly all the courses will come from ACE/NCCRS and CLEP/MS courses or exam recommendations.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • theoptimusm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused Brit looking for advice BritStudent 30 1,968 04-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Seeking Advice on Degree Plans: BS Computer Science, BS Cyber Security, and BA Human rutpun15 3 422 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Confused Boomer, Help Needed Please PolloPolo 38 2,833 01-18-2024, 11:14 PM
Last Post: PolloPolo
  What comes after B.S. ? Help a lost person. MyRightHandIsBi 10 710 09-06-2023, 07:54 PM
  Plans for a high schooler Aurelius 8 716 05-05-2023, 12:03 AM
  Need Help with Degree Plans Overlord 23 1,700 08-17-2022, 09:26 PM
  Degree plans for health information technology bcameau1 4 998 03-29-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree Plans that incorporate Business and Psychology one_step_at_a_time 21 2,012 12-08-2021, 02:44 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Sad *Confused* Does TESU offer a detailed curriculum on their website? OP88 5 913 06-04-2021, 07:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Lost and Need Help! jayhawks1985 10 1,266 03-29-2021, 06:15 AM
Last Post: rachel83az