Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality Comp Sci Programs in Wash. D.C.
sanantone Wrote:Not better than University of Maryland College Park. None of the schools are ranked in computer science. Overall, College Park is ranked the highest. Howard University and The Catholic University of America are ranked the second highest.

If you want a ranked computer science program, then you can see if you can get into Johns Hopkins or University of Maryland - Baltimore County.

where are you getting your rankings ?

I see Johns Hopkins listed here
Best Bachelor's in Computer Science for 2016

but not here
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/sea..._mode=list
grecoroman Wrote:I appreciate this information.

My issue is my company will only pay for the program if I can attend it will being able to work at the Office (attending it would mean part-time). I go to the office when I do not have class.

Hopkins and Maryland BC are likely too far to commute. The office is located in D.C. I suppose I could try to live at their midpoint, but that may be tough.

Overall, would you say University of Maryland College Park is not a good school for Computer Science?

It's an overall good school, so any program there should be decent. I doubt they have any programs that are outright horrible.

bluebooger Wrote:where are you getting your rankings ?

I see Johns Hopkins listed here
Best Bachelor's in Computer Science for 2016

but not here
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/sea..._mode=list

The was a much simpler way to find their ranking on U.S. News. Their graduate program in computer science is ranked #28.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sch...l-rankings
https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-sch...ngs/page+2
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
The University of Maryland is highly known and is one of the best in the country.

George Mason In Virginia

Georgetown

George Washington University

John Hopkins

all of these schools will have good programs. There are a huge number of schools in the DC area. but yes UMD has a big rep here especially their engineering department. People know it is a good school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes yb1's post:
  • warriortaupou
yb1 Wrote:The University of Maryland is highly known and is one of the best in the country.

George Mason In Virginia

Georgetown

George Washington University

John Hopkins

all of these schools will have good programs. There are a huge number of schools in the DC area. but yes UMD has a big rep here especially their engineering department. People know it is a good school.

Great, thank you.

For UMD, College Park location?
grecoroman Wrote:Great, thank you.

For UMD, College Park location?

Yes UMD College Park.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,345 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,976 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 4 359 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Open University Malaysia has PhD programs below 10k USD nyvrem 2 390 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: armado
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 524 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Missouri University now has 100% online master's programs LevelUP 9 1,650 11-05-2023, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Masters-level CBE programs EverSpinning 5 1,421 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Master programs similar to UMPI? Ebroady23 6 1,343 10-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: xspect
  Completion programs for Business Heartstrings 4 464 10-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  Competency-Based MBA Programs without proctored tests klone 4 806 09-01-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77