Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question abou BSBA Capstone Midterm
The practice exam is intended to show how the midterm exam will operate and the kinds of questions you can expect. It doesn't use questions from the same pool as the actual midterm exam. That is why it doesn't reflect the questions from the study guide.

Focus on the study guide, that is your best resource. I ended up with an A on the midterm, and my approach was to go back over the notes I took from each chapter and highlight the ones relevant to each point mentioned in the study guide, and then study the heck out of those. As part of that, I also created two quizlet flashcard sets: one generic midterm study guide (based on the one posabsolute made–I ended up removing some stuff, replacing some stuff, and adding more detail where needed; I also added book page numbers for easier reference) and one that covered core concepts & terms. I used those in conjunction with my highlighted notes to do all of my studying.

My recommendation is to focus on the essay-related study guide questions more than anything. That is where 80% of your final score comes from. When using the study guide, keep the following in mind: for any analysis topic, make sure you understand how to create and interpret that type of analysis, as you may be asked to do so in the essay section. Yeah, there are a lot of different types of analysis, but if you focus on the ones covered in the study guide essay section that isn't too bad.

FYI, the multiple choice questions are tricky. Many of them appear to have more than one right answer, so it's easy to guess wrong. They're only worth 20% of your overall grade so don't spend too much time on that section or you won't have enough time for the four essay questions. I ended up with 100% on the essays and that is what kept me from a lower grade since I ended up guessing wrong on some of the multiple choice questions.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour, fork
I wish this thread was alive when I took it haha. i tend to freeze up on tests, especially ones with a writing section. I passed though so I'm happy, though I still need to continue doing as well as I am to pass with a good grade
[-] The following 1 user Likes sburch1991's post:
  • fork
I'm usually good at essay exams but I don't feel very well prepared for this one. I guess I do know a lot of it, I just hope I know the right bits.
(01-15-2019, 04:31 PM)fork Wrote: I'm usually good at essay exams but I don't feel very well prepared for this one. I guess I do know a lot of it, I just hope I know the right bits.

I never feel prepared enough going into an exam, but then most of the time I come out on the other side feeling like it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Put in the work to study the stuff in the study guide and you should be fine. If you check out the quizlet flashcards I made (or the ones posabsolute made), those identify and summarize or quote the relevant material in the textbook that you'll be tested on. If you study those and nothing else you shouldn't have an issue getting a decent score.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • fork
Today is the day, wish me luck!! I'm tired of studying!
(01-17-2019, 09:37 AM)fork Wrote: Today is the day, wish me luck!! I'm tired of studying!

Hehe, I know how that feels. Good luck!

I just finished the final paper this week, so once I finish one last pass and submit it, I'll be done with the course.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
It's over. I don't know why I was so worried about it. I was done in less than an hour. I must have missed 2 on the multiple choice because my grade says 16, and you were right there were at least a few of them where I thought there were at least two or three right answers. Oh well. I'm fairly confident about the essays, though. I think my grade will be fine. Thank god that's over. All I have to do is one more case study and the final paper plus keeping up with the forum responses. Can't wait for this class to be over so I can apply to graduate.
(01-17-2019, 02:04 PM)fork Wrote: It's over. I don't know why I was so worried about it. I was done in less than an hour. I must have missed 2 on the multiple choice because my grade says 16, and you were right there were at least a few of them where I thought there were at least two or three right answers. Oh well. I'm fairly confident about the essays, though. I think my grade will be fine. Thank god that's over. All I have to do is one more case study and the final paper plus keeping up with the forum responses. Can't wait for this class to be over so I can apply to graduate.

Nice! Glad it went well for you. Sounds like you finished early. I ended up using all the time since I was extra thorough on the essays.

I completed all the forum discussions and case studies last month so I wouldn't need to worry about any of that during Christmas or while I worked on the final paper. I've just been adding my forum responses as they come due and popping on now and then to respond to other students' and the teacher's posts.

Even if I get a 0 on the final project (no chance) my overall score should still be good enough for a pass in the capstone since I've gotten high 90's or 100's on everything in the course so far. So unless something goes wonky in the degree audit I should be all done and ready to graduate in March. The application went in last month along with the fees and I just paid my residency fee last week.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • fork
You probably know this, but you don't have to wait for this course to end to apply for graduation. However, there's not much point in paying the fees early, so you might as well wait until closer to the deadline.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-17-2019, 04:15 PM)davewill Wrote: You probably know this, but you don't have to wait for this course to end to apply for graduation. However, there's not much point in paying the fees early, so you might as well wait until closer to the deadline.

Speaking of, I ended up waiting until almost the end to apply and pay my graduation fee and nearly missed the deadline. Though that is mainly because I was distracted by the holidays. Even though degree audits occur in the order of when the application was submitted, I wasn't planning to be early since I figured that being early wouldn't matter since they couldn't begin my audit until the capstone grades are available (the first week of February) anyway. But I wasn't planning to wait to apply until a few days before the deadline either. Smile

One thing I didn't realize was that the residency waiver had to be paid before the degree audit was done. I was assuming they'd contact me when it was due (when flagged by the audit perhaps) since nothing about it was mentioned during the graduation application or follow-up messaging. Luckily, I happened to read an old thread on the forum which clarified that the residency waiver had to be paid before the degree audit was done or it could delay graduation. I couldn't find any way to pay that online myself, so I opened a helpdesk ticket with student accounts to ask about it and they confirmed that all fees, including the waiver, needed to be paid before the audit was complete; they also provided access to pay via the online system.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,327 10 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,228 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 530 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 534 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,996 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,373 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,117 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 870 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,203 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,348 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20