Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about GPA and transfer credits for TESU
Would also the grades from my University classes be counted towards my gpa in TESU?  I transferred in some courses from a university one of the classes i got a D in. I see in my academic evaluation it is put into my Elective and the grades are also shown. I was wondering if I were to take another class as an elective on study.com am I able to ask TESU to remove that class? 

would the study.com course Presentation Skills in the Workplace which comes in as COM-290 Presentational Speaking work as my elective.

Thanks!
My Plan: Earn a MSML or a MBA at WGU!
I don't think it will show. See their grading/transfer policy. I wouldn't know why you would be forced to transfer a course.

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...rading.cfm (see Policy on Grade Point Average)
thanks was just curious because if my grades do transfer into my TESU gpa for graduation.. it would be lowered by that D. So I was thinking if i take another course on study.com to replace that D course. that would be amazing.
You might want to look up if that course was at a TESU network institution. Or just take another one to replace it.

Also this might be important to you: "All undergraduate students at Thomas Edison State University are required to maintain a minimum average of C in all the credits applied to their degree (Thomas Edison State University and transfer credits) in order to graduate. " (same page)
All good! I contacted tesu and asked them and they said they only count the courses you take at TESU.

Edited out thanks =)
You will almost certainly be required to submit all your transcripts along with your grad school app. The school will then calculate their own GPA by their own rules. In other words, they won't be naive enough to accept a grade in one course as an overall GPA.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • BearEDU, cookderosa, jsd
TESU looks at ALL of your previous transcripts to calculate a GPA as an incoming student. But that is not your GPA AT TESU. Only courses you take at TESU count as your TESU GPA. 2 separate issues there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have a related gripe. Even though the transfer credits don't get averaged into GPA, I think people reading your transcript can see the grades. I don't know about at TESU specifically, but at other schools, I know the transfer credits show up with the grade in an easy-to-decipher "code". TC meaning you got a C in that class, TF meaning you got an F, TW meaning Withdrawn, etc. Personally I think that schools should omit that. Anyone seeing the transcript can already see that if you got 0.00 credits for a course, then you must have gotten worse than a C (or Withdrawn, etc). I think it looks bad to see the specific thing like TF or TD.

TESU doesn't have any code or indication of what your transfer grades were:

[Image: 61U9RAt.jpg]
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(01-09-2018, 10:23 PM)jsd Wrote: TESU doesn't have any code or indication of what your transfer grades were:

Oh, that's nice! And I like that they don't show dates either. (I'm not sure, but I think sometimes others show the year.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 698 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,048 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77