Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about MAPP test for senior EC students (90+ credits)
Out of curiosity, I was wondering if any of you guys who took the test have heard back from Excelsior?

I took the test around mid March and did not get any feedback from the college since. There was no contact information in the email sent to us besides a phone number and an extension. When I rang the extension all I could get was voicemail. I suppose I could contact an advisor to ask about it, but I wouldn't want to waste their time with such a trivial matter.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
HI Gus,

I also took that in March (3/20) and have heard nothing yet. I am so curious about who won the gift cards.

Oh well, if you hear anything let us know.

FYI , I scored a 464 , how about you ?

Thanks,

Peace
For those of us who don't know.
Hey Peace,

I'm glad to see that someone else took the test. I got a 489, which is supposed to be a very good score according to the stats, but like I said, there was no feedback. I think they're probably busy with more urgent matters (commencement and stuff), and that we'll get to hear about it in a month or two. I'm not visiting the forum as often as I used to, but I'll make sure to update this thread if I learn anything new.

By the way, the email from Excelsior didn't clarify whether the top 10 percent test-takers were among Excelsior students only or from the whole pool of participating colleges and universities. Of course it would make more sense if they meant the former. Good luck to all of us.

P00057870, here's an excerpt from the email I got:

"MAPP (Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress), which measures your skills in reading, writing, critical thinking, and mathematics. We would really appreciate if you would take part in the MAPP, as results from this evaluation will be used for accreditation and program improvement purposes. Participation is voluntary and has no bearing on your student status."

You can find detailed information here:
MAPP: Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress

If the above link doesn't work, simply go to ETS: Educational Testing Service“ Home and click MAPP on the homepage screen. Here are the Overview page contents:
"MAPP Test Overview

How do you measure student learning while making the best use of your institution’s resources?

As the only integrated test of general education skills, the Measure of Academic Proficiency and Progress (MAPP) test assesses 4 core skill areas — critical thinking, reading, writing and mathematics — in a single test that the Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA) has selected as a gauge of general education outcomes. Institutions can also add an optional essay for additional insight into students' general knowledge and critical thinking skills.

The MAPP test is statistically equated to the former Academic Profile assessment, allowing former Academic Profile customers to conduct longitudinal or cross-sectional studies. The MAPP test allows you to:

* gain a unified picture of the effectiveness of your general education program to meet requirements for accreditation and performance funding
* promote curriculum improvement with actionable score reports you can use to pinpoint strengths and areas of improvement
* take your institution to the next level by providing comparative data on more than 380 institutions and 375,000 students nationwide
* create greater flexibility in your testing program by adding 50 locally authored questions and choosing between the paper-and-pencil or online formats

New Comparative Data Guides are now available.
Who Takes the Test and Why?

College freshmen, sophomores and upperclassmen take the MAPP test so that institutions can demonstrate program effectiveness for accreditation and funding purposes.

Colleges and universities can also conduct longitudinal studies with the MAPP test data to determine how much their students are learning and how they can improve learning outcomes.
When and Where Do Students Take the Exam?

There are no preset test administration dates. Testing is conducted at your convenience, either onsite or remotely via computer. A variety of testing formats offer flexibility to meet your specific scheduling and staffing needs. Format options include:

* standard (2-hour) and abbreviated (40-minute) test forms
* paper-and-pencil or online delivery
* proctored and nonproctored administration

How Are the Results Used?

Colleges and universities nationwide use the MAPP test to:

* measure and document program effectiveness to meet requirements for accreditation and program funding
* assess student proficiency in core academic skill areas to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to improve curriculum and instruction
* compare performance against programs at more than 380 institutions nationwide
* conduct benchmark and trend analyses to evaluate program improvement efforts and overall learning outcomes
* help meet their VSA requirements

For more information about the MAPP test and for sample reports, review the MAPP User's Guide (PDF) or contact an ETS Advisor.

For information on Validity, review the MAPP validity study (PDF) and the Validity of the Academic Profile (PDF)."
Gus,

Wow a 489 out of 500, you rock !!!!!

Peace
peace123 Wrote:Wow a 489 out of 500, you rock !!!!!
Thank you, thank you Smile
on MAPP.

Sounds like another test assessing where the student's level is.

So many of those along the way in a B&M college so far. Was it optional or required?
It was totally optional.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,085 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,220 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,958 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,969 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM