Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Online Graduate courses
It will be my first time taking online courses at Graduate level or undergraduate. What thing I need to focus one online class vs Face to Face classes. I am so worry, the online courses are harder than face to face classes. I want some tips or thing I need to prepare for the online classes. I would like to feedback. thanks
Missouri State university MBA in process
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
NEXT: In Future Ph.D in ???

There is a plethora of information about online courses and the student's role in them. Please do some searching.

Whether they are easier or harder is a hugely individual concept. An aspect that might be difficult for you might be trivial to someone else.

Generally speaking, you will be in greater control of the scheduling of your learning since most online experiences are asynchronous. You don't just show up to class at a time and day specified.

Also, the learning will be "chunked" throughout the week. Instead of one or two several-hours long classes, you'll likely find yourself "touching" your course almost every day of the week throughout the term of the course.
It depends on what program you're doing. Many online programs are writing intensive and have little or no quizzes and exams. Besides that, I think it's about the same in terms of difficulty.
Working on second TESU degree. Graduate in June or Sept?
First Masters complete. Choosing next Masters / grad cert.
TESU BSBA (with ASNSM) in March 2018.
I have taken both in seat graduate classes and online.  I like them both, but I don't really see one as harder than the other.  They are just different.  In class, you listen to someone talk and do assigned work.  Online, you watch a lecture or a video and then do assigned work.  In person classes, you interact with classmates in person.  Online, you interact with classmates through discussion boards if they have them, if not, you really don't interact.  Both types of classes have merit, but I honestly don't have a preference.
20 year old son: Student at Pierpont CTC pursuing the BOG AAS.
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019 and now on my way to collecting more graduate credits.  
(03-26-2019, 07:50 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: I have taken both in seat graduate classes and online.  I like them both, but I don't really see one as harder than the other.  They are just different.  In class, you listen to someone talk and do assigned work.  Online, you watch a lecture or a video and then do assigned work.  In person classes, you interact with classmates in person.  Online, you interact with classmates through discussion boards if they have them, if not, you really don't interact.  Both types of classes have merit, but I honestly don't have a preference.

I really appreciate for everyone input. I am going to attend for online MBA. I still wait for the admission process. I am worry that I can not handle because the online experience is total different with face to face class. Let hope I can handle it.  Let hope there is a board discussion, so the professor know that I am participating in class.

(03-25-2019, 11:06 PM)Ideas Wrote: It depends on what program you're doing. Many online programs are writing intensive and have little or no quizzes and exams. Besides that, I think it's about the same in terms of difficulty.

I am doing online MBA. I do not know if there is quiz or group project yet.

Imbanewbie, what school are you doing your MBA at
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (9/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-26-2019, 10:44 AM)jsd Wrote: Imbanewbie, what school are you doing your MBA at

I submit three application it still pending for admission approval. Both school are WGU, LSU and MSU. I am looking for the most affordable tuition and regional accredited. Jsd are you studying for MBA?

Are you in the US? WGU is US only.
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (9/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-26-2019, 01:57 PM)jsd Wrote: Are you in the US? WGU is US only.

Yes I am inside USA

(03-25-2019, 12:34 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: It will be my first time taking online courses at Graduate level or undergraduate. What thing I need to focus one online class vs Face to Face classes. I am so worry, the online courses are harder than face to face classes. I want some tips or thing I need to prepare for the online classes. I would like to feedback. thanks

I found that each class was a little bit different and that each instructor's proficiency really played a big part in my classes. I had professors that weren't very tech savvy, which makes it hard.

I would say that you should check your message board and email EVERY DAY because 100% of communication will be written, so you'll need to get used to that. Also, your professor may not give lectures, and if that's the case, then you'll have to get all your learning through reading, which can also be a challenge.

But, if you can master the logistics of it all, it's an exceptionally convenient way to take classes. Good luck!
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
Cookderosa & Dfrecore's Degree Planning Masterclass

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advancement Courses: 20% Off Code eriehiker 9 303 12-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: udi
  Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 eriehiker 0 128 11-23-2019, 01:00 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Graduate School after Charter Oak/TESU Elizabethcl 6 434 11-22-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Cheapest Online Regionally Accredited Master's Business Degree dannyasingh27 6 930 11-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Graduate Credit for Coaches eriehiker 19 2,443 10-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  VirtualSC: Graduate Education Credits eriehiker 4 448 10-23-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Graduate program-less writing intensive monroe18 8 627 10-18-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Arkansas State University online MPA boalex207 4 481 10-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Last Post: dmjacobsen
  Which is better - multiple degrees question jamshid666 8 646 10-17-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Online Graduate Music Courses Nivondu 5 234 10-15-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy