Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about TESU evaluation / transcript
The cornerstone is a full 12 week course, if you're going for financial aid, I would recommend doing both the Cornerstone/Capstone together and put 80/20 effort into the courses - 80% effort into Capstone/20% effort into Cornerstone (yes, the capstones are much harder). Do you have tuition reimbursement from work? If you do, then it won't really matter, you can take them together so you can finish the degree faster.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-10-2020, 02:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The cornerstone is a full 12 week course, if you're going for financial aid, I would recommend doing both the Cornerstone/Capstone together and put 80/20 effort into the courses - 80% effort into Capstone/20% effort into Cornerstone (yes, the capstones are much harder).  Do you have tuition reimbursement from work? If you do, then it won't really matter, you can take them together so you can finish the degree faster.

Thanks again! I would love to take them both but at the moment I'm up to 60credits. I think I have to have 100cr at least to take capstone, right?
Yes, you need at least 100 and you have to email them to unlock it for you.

I took SOS in Oct Term and then started the capstone in Nov term. I work FT and have a family and it’s doable. It does take a lot of my time on weekends though.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-10-2020, 07:01 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Yes, you need at least 100 and you have to email them to unlock it for you.

I took SOS in Oct Term and then started the capstone in Nov term. I work FT and have a family and it’s doable. It does take a lot of my time on weekends though.
That would’ve been tough! I guess I will start cornerstone as early as next week and hopefully jump to capstone by mid March/early April. Thanks for your input
My recommendation, or if it was me in your shoes, I would work more on the required courses first instead of starting the Cornerstone unless you are thinking of doing some courses as well as the TESU Cornerstone. The earliest you can start the Cornerstone is in February anyways.

If you're thinking of starting your Capstone in March/April after you've completed the Cornerstone, I would postpone it until May term instead, to make sure you'll be ready for September graduation. See below for the info on grad dates & terms required.

TESU Dates: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
TESU Term: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would not advise doing the cornerstone until you are very close to being done, and 100% certain that you want to use TESU. Otherwise, you run the risk of life happening, and then you will be stuck with an expensive cornerstone course that you can't transfer to another school.

Get most of your AOS courses completed, including the UL. Make sure your requirements are met (degree-specific as well as GE-related). When you only have a few GE Electives and/or Free Electives left, THEN enroll and take your cornerstone and capstone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP