Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about applying for graduate school after tesu
I plan on getting a bachelors in accounting from tesu. Then applying to the university of new mexicos masters degree program in accounting. I'm wondering if I would run into issues when trying to apply for the masters program because my degree is from tesu and maybe they won't like some of the credits i have from tesu? Or do graduate programs not care about credits and just that you have a bachelors?
TESU is a regionally accredited school. Their credits are accepted just about everywhere. Some schools may not accept prerequisites that are ACE or NCCRS credits, but that has nothing to do with TESU.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • harrypotter
Most people wonder about what to do after TESU or any of the Big 3/WGU schools they have attended. As long as you meet the prerequisites for whichever graduate program you are going for, those requirements are met.

There isn't anything you need to worry about as these are State college/universities, and in some cases of other programs, they have programmatic/secondary accreditation which is even better!

You need to relax and research your future grad school requirements, and focus on what they need, such as experience/interviews/references/grad exams, etc and not focus on the minor details of "where you got your degree"...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can always check the university you want to go to to see what their policies are. Does it need to be graded credit? I think when I was looking at ENMU's MBA program, the director emailed me back immediately, and said that they wanted graded credit for several courses for which I didn't have a grade; but they would let me test out at the school for free before starting the program. Which is what I already did by testing out through CLEP for the course, but I digress.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country. (Accelerated programs, BBA-MACCT, 3-2 MBA, and 2+1+2 don’t have this requirement at time of application submission.)
Must have a GMAT/GRE score of 500 or better; OR receive a GMAT/GRE waiver. Waiver requirements here.
Must have a GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of coursework. (PE credits are not included in this calculation)

Everything seems to check out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 722 5 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 477 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,049 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP