Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about college writing
I need to know whether the my editor,writer's tool and reference (with the word bank)etc which are present in my access will be there for the actual exam and if i will be given options between 2 essays in each section?
Also what is the desired length of the essays on the actual exam.When i write long essays on my access,i seem to get better points.
Thanks,
Adoncia
Hi,
I used MY ACESS to help me take Excelsior's English Comp exam and put a ton of effort into it and squeaked by with a "C". I also scored well with MY ACESS with longer essays. When it comes to the tests, the length is not as important as having the basics. An intro with a thesis, the main body and a conclusion is what they are looking for. As long as you do not go way off topic, you should be fine.
Once I found out how long it takes Excelsior to grade the test (73 days!) I signed up for an 8 week B&M English Comp 101 class. I was done with it sooner than if I had taken the test, and had the satisfaction of knowing I would do well, without the stress of waiting. Just another avenue to consider. Either way, [SIZE="6"]Good Luck![/SIZE] Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Idaho State has an Eng 101 course that is 100% distance, no proctored exams, Pass/Fail that excelsior approved for me to meet the written English requirement. It costs about $300. I will begin the course in a few weeks, i'll let you know how it goes.
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies
I have already registered for this exam and my plan is, to take it and then in case i do not pass, i will go for the English courses.
I was going through the myaccess essays and came across some essays which looked like this:
Lessons Learned in Lord of the Flies

At the end of Lord of the Flies, Ralph is on the beach, crying in front of his rescuers as he thinks about the events he has witnessed and participated in on the island. Suppose he were to return home and tell a counselor what he had seen, what he had done, and what he had learned from these experiences.

Write what Ralph might say to a counselor about what he had learned about other people and about himself from what he saw and what he did on the island. Discuss at least three new insights or understandings Ralph has gained, and connect each insight to the event or events that led up to it. At least one of these insights must be about himself. Give specific examples from the text. Do not summarize the plot. Instead, tell enough about each event to show how seeing or participating in the event led to the insight.

There was another essay about: What hasty decisions were made in Romeo and Juliet.

Now i was wondering if someone has not read these books,then what would they do? Did you have any such essays on your exam? I don't have the habit of readind and i don't know much about many classics so i guess that will be a huge problem for me.
My exam is on Tuesday and now i am seriously worried.Please reply soon,
Adoncia
I can only speak for Excelsior's essay test but what you wrote were exactly what is on the test. I wrote an essay based on only the info they gave me on the prompt even tho it asked me to include the whole story in my essay. I had not read the story.....so once again if you include the basics of an essay and are practicing on MY Acess, you should pass.

Brenda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,194 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,558 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,945 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 243 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 509 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 402 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 738 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 27,815 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 208 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 249 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP