Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about course plan
Hi, 
I need to take a chemistry course and I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I can either do Coopersmith or CLEP. Do you have any advice on which one is easier to do? Which test is easier? 
Thank you.
"Best" is subjective. Chemistry exams can be difficult if you don't have sufficient experience.

CLEP has ModernStates to make the exam free. If a CLEP will work, you might as well take it for free to see if you'll pass.

Coopersmith might or might not be easier but I'm not aware of anyone here having taken their chem course. I had forgotten they even have one.

Study.com has a few Chemistry courses. They might be slightly easier because your pass/fail doesn't rest on a single exam.

One more option would be ONU. If it's 4 credits like in the catalog, it'll cost $200. But you'll also be able to take your time at Olivet and you don't have to pay for it until you complete the course. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ol...University
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
esther02 Wrote:Hi, 
I need to take a chemistry course and I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I can either do Coopersmith or CLEP. Do you have any advice on which one is easier to do? Which test is easier? 
Thank you.

You need to inform us if the college/university accepts ACE or NCCRS alternative credits and if you need a lab with the course. If so, go with any ACE/NCCRS provider you think would be easier for you as Study.com has an online virtual lab option, if you go with them, you can take another course for more credits.

I would suggest doing CLEP/MS as that is FREE if you don't need a lab course, you just need to supplement them with some other free sources as well just because Chemistry is a very very hard subject, their learning material is more like a preview/review of the subjects - not a "full course".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2021, 01:16 PM)esther02 Wrote: Hi, 
Thank you.

Chem is one of our harder science courses, for sure. But students seem to do pretty well on it for the most part.

If you're not sure, you're welcome to peruse some of our review videos and see what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cclvxxqf71wqh...7sIRa?dl=0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 316 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,057 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 208 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 475 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 518 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 249 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 447 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 379 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 881 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,700 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite